EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant believe this is a real marketing shot. Just getting to the point eh? :ROFLMAO:

2024-06-25 - 12_15_54 - TPol_sml_0010_TPol_11_jpg_1024x1024@2x.jpg (1068Ɨ793).png

Those sure are some really stiff poses they put her in.
They put every figure in the exact same poses. Arms at their sides, hands clasped behind their back, holding a tricorder/communicator. Holding a phaser, but not aiming the phaser.

A lot of it, I suspect, is because they don't give their figures adequate ankle articulation.

They put every figure in the exact same poses. Arms at their sides, hands clasped behind their back, holding a tricorder/communicator. Holding a phaser, but not aiming the phaser.

A lot of it, I suspect, is because they don't give their figures adequate ankle articulation.
I suppose, but even with limited ankle articulation you can still get some interesting or more natural poses by turning the torso, angling the hips, etc.

I remember a long time ago seeing a Captain Lorca head sculpt from Discovery, is this no longer in the plans?

I remember a long time ago seeing a Captain Lorca head sculpt from Discovery, is this no longer in the plans?

I really hope it is.
If I could only get him, Saru, Burnham and Georgiou I'd be happy. Tilly, Stamets and Culber would be icing on the cake.

I think the idea was floated around a few times, but I don't think Lorca was ever seriously considered.

I do wonder whatever happened with Emperor Georgiou though. Seemed like she was really close to release before, but then everything went quiet. Unless he's just waiting for the new Section 31 movie to drop.

Not that Tā€™Pol was ever on my shopping list, and I know the final product is often better than the proto ā€¦ but seriously? You guys think that sculpt and paint look good ?

Not that Tā€™Pol was ever on my shopping list, and I know the final product is often better than the proto ā€¦ but seriously? You guys think that sculpt and paint look good ?
I hadn't planned on getting T'Pol, either, and that hasn't changed, but I do think that's probably their second or third best female headsculpt. I don't think it's anything exceptional, but it looks much better than Janeway and B'Elanna and Seven of Nine and Kira. I think it's a decent paint paint job, but that the skintone on the face and the skintone on the neck are glaringly different is...well, a glaring issue that I hope is resolved for Enterprise collectors. I hope T'Pol being an improvement over most of the other female figures in the line is an indication of progress and that Uhura, Tasha, Jadzia, and Ezri (if EXO-6 even makes Ezri) will be even better.

Iā€™m having serious trouble with Tā€™Pol as well. I have every exo-6 figure so far, but I donā€™t know if I can do it anymore. The ā€œno other company will ever make this figureā€ excuse is wearing very thin at this point. I feel like weā€™re in Star Ace territory on this one.

Iā€™m glad I cut myself off from trying to get them all. I did for quite a while but had to quit. Too many characters and some I donā€™t care as much about. Tā€™Pol is one Iā€™d like but the figure just looks okay to me.

Iā€™m having serious trouble with Tā€™Pol as well. I have every exo-6 figure so far, but I donā€™t know if I can do it anymore. The ā€œno other company will ever make this figureā€ excuse is wearing very thin at this point. I feel like weā€™re in Star Ace territory on this one.

Guys,

Only buy what you love and donā€™t buy every figure coming out under the sun.

Having been a collector for over 2 decades, I see this phenomenon all the time. The newer collector will first buy every character coming out and eventually get burned out or has no room to display and eventually sell ( at a loss many times ) and then quit all together. The ā€œ it is selling out, once in a lifetime chance is typical BS ā€œ

Back