EXO-6 Star Trek "Strange New Worlds" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even want to think about undressing Pike and using a different body.
My big sausage fingers can barely open the boxes, let alone something that delicate.
I'm just lucky my wife is skilled enough to fix almost anything. But she hasn't wanted to undress a figure since Wolverine stabbed her in the fingers when she tried to check out his package.

Pike has arrived. And for me, he’s a home run. EXO-6’s best work. And that command yellow really pops on the shelf.
IMG_5679.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5677.jpeg
    IMG_5677.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5676.jpeg
    IMG_5676.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5674.jpeg
    IMG_5674.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5672.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Scraped some paint off the phaser holding hand when I tried to force the rifle in. Not a big deal since it's always covered by the phasers, but just a heads up. The only reason I tried it was because of the photos on the product page showed it was possible. I was just dumb enough not to consider the consequences.

Like this?

I kinda like the smirk expression they choose for Pike because it definitely fits his personality, and it’s nice to have at least a FEW figures in the display with something other than the classic 30,000 feet dead stare, but he looks like a PSYCHOPATH holding that phaser rifle! 🤣🤣🤣

I swear, figure manufacturers can’t win. Blank stare = complaints ; Expressive look = complaints.

The answer? ALWAYS include an alternate head sculpt! (or at least give us the option). Most of us would gladly pay the extra!

The expression does fit his rather jovial personality on the show... but I do still wish they had gone for a more serious one that was better for figure posing. And which made him look a little more badass. Because that's always my favorite Pike.

Screenshot_20240606_082735_Gallery_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
On the stock body does his neck appear a bit to long? It does in the pics I've seen. I agree the sculpt is really well done though.
Yeah, I tilt it forward a bit to help.

I'm hoping they decide to do a second Pike with a more stern head. The armored away mission look and the green tunic would be cool.

Yeah, I tilt it forward a bit to help.

I'm hoping they decide to do a second Pike with a more stern head. The armored away mission look and the green tunic would be cool.
I'm good with the sculpt we got, but I would've happily upped the ante for a deluxe release that included an alt sculpt and the green tunic (which I think is the best job they did of reimagining TOS unis on the show). I'd take a cooking apron over the away armour by a long shot though 😅

I hope we won't have to wait too much longer for Una. I really want to see the Big 3 together on my shelf.
That’s my goal as well. No expectation of going any deeper than that, but if they do a Pike level job on M’Benga, that could be an issue. They’d have to seriously step up the Chapel figure to get me to rethink this too…

I really do want the figure but I just can't justify another crew.
The thing about Strange New Worlds is it's... different. Kind of like a different canon. It's got probably the most style of any Trek. Channelling QuiGonFishing just a bit it's got what's probably easily the most attractive cast and sometimes feels like a runway (look at that HAIR!). Which... IMO is sometimes a detriment. You wouldn't see Picard in this universe without a toupe ;p. But it's still pretty good, channels classic Trek (TOS) pretty well in a modern fashion. It's good fun sometimes (music episode) even though it gets ridiculous and Doctor Who'ish (meaning more fantasy than SciFi sometimes).

I think the main thing stopping me is after a few seasons I honestly still don't remember 100% of the names of the crew. It's still early on and we finally got some good episodes for the "lower" cast which feels good because they're not going the TOS/Enterprise/Discovery route and they're NOT ignoring half the crew. Give me a season or two and I'll probably remember all their names. And my opinion of the show might rise more...

Little diversion but are modern shows really bad with helping us remember names? I'm not good at names to begin with but in earlier trek we got 20+ episodes a year to get to know them. Now we have 10, and sometimes spaced more apart. I also feel like they say each other's names to each other less.

The thing about Strange New Worlds is it's... different. Kind of like a different canon. It's got probably the most style of any Trek. Channelling QuiGonFishing just a bit it's got what's probably easily the most attractive cast and sometimes feels like a runway (look at that HAIR!). Which... IMO is sometimes a detriment. You wouldn't see Picard in this universe without a toupe ;p. But it's still pretty good, channels classic Trek (TOS) pretty well in a modern fashion. It's good fun sometimes (music episode) even though it gets ridiculous and Doctor Who'ish (meaning more fantasy than SciFi sometimes).

I think the main thing stopping me is after a few seasons I honestly still don't remember 100% of the names of the crew. It's still early on and we finally got some good episodes for the "lower" cast which feels good because they're not going the TOS/Enterprise/Discovery route and they're NOT ignoring half the crew. Give me a season or two and I'll probably remember all their names. And my opinion of the show might rise more...

Little diversion but are modern shows really bad with helping us remember names? I'm not good at names to begin with but in earlier trek we got 20+ episodes a year to get to know them. Now we have 10, and sometimes spaced more apart. I also feel like they say each other's names to each other less.

ENT and SNW are fairly crew centric IMO. The majority of the characters in SNW are just recast versions from TOS:

Pike
Una (Number One)
Spock
Chapel
M’Benga
Uhura
T’Pring
Etc.

Only really La’an and Oretgas are new for the bridge crew. Hemmer (the Aenar) was as well but was limited to Season 1.

Yeah I enjoy the show and characters, but I do wish the stories had some more depth to them and it all didn't feel so... lightweight.

Yeah I enjoy the show and characters, but I do wish the stories had some more depth to them and it all didn't feel so... lightweight.

I feel like they've done several heavy episodes. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I thought these episodes were pretty moving:
memento mori
Lift us where suffering cannot reach
All those who wander
A quality of mercy
Hegemony
Under the cloak of war
Among the lotus eaters
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow

Captain on bridge! Awesome sculpt :love:

Attachments

• 20240607_235712.jpg
    20240607_235712.jpg