EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The QMX Picard is honestly a good figure. It just needs a better body and an outfit that doesn’t stain the neck.

Encounter at Farpoint vibes.

1717252003721.png

The QMX Picard is honestly a good figure. It just needs a better body and an outfit that doesn’t stain the neck.
The sculpt never looked right to me.
The only thing that disappoints me about the Exo-6 TNG uniforms is the thickness of the collar and the way it sinks into the chest. It's just one of those scale problems that gives away that it's an action figure. Not sure it's a problem that could be realistically solved, and overall the I loved Data, so it's not a huge deal--just my pet peeve.

I feel like the QMX Picard sculpt is better than the EXO First Contact version personally. The EXO Locutus is good.
That's fair. The First Contact sculpt doesn't bother me too much--I like the expression and I think his face had wasn't as lean as his TNG days, so the "squarer" sculpt isn't entirely off base--but I am definitely glad they did a new sculpt for TNG.

So far, I think the Locutus sculpt is better than the TNG prototype that has been teased, but I guess we'll see how the final turns out.

From the few pictures we’ve seen of EXO’s TNG Picard, it’s an upgrade over the QMx by far. The expression they went with is Picard to a tee. If it looked this good months ago I’m really looking forward to the final iteration.

1717293276590.jpeg

1717293301922.png

I'm still not feeling the new sculpt myself, at least in the peeks we've gotten of it so far. Hopefully it's either been improved since then or looks a lot better in hand.

You never feel the sculpts, Dave! 🤣🤣🤣

My wife gave it a two thumbs up. Which is rare for her, because she is PICKY. She actuary thought I was showing her an actual picture of Picard at first.
So now, dammit, looks like I'm gonna have to order him. My "no double dipping" rule is taking some serious stress with Exo6.

The sculpt never looked right to me.

The only thing that disappoints me about the Exo-6 TNG uniforms is the thickness of the collar and the way it sinks into the chest. It's just one of those scale problems that gives away that it's an action figure. Not sure it's a problem that could be realistically solved, and overall the I loved Data, so it's not a huge deal--just my pet peeve.
Agreed. I also think the TNG uniform is a tad puffy/padded. Generally looks a little off around the neck and shoulders on Data and the torso area seems to wide.

Tailoring tiny clothes when you can't also use equally tiny thread and tiny physics is hard, yo!
Everything shrunk down when you get small enough looks some level of "diapery" in my opinion. The best of the best figures I've seen still have that going on if you look close. I think EXO-6 does better than most.

1717746139766.jpeg

1717746151484.jpeg

"Behind the scene:
1st draft of you know who.
"E"xperts will rush out and say this is wrong that is terrible and it is the ugliest outfit in existence
😅

Anyone try to make a perfect outfit with 1st draft must be from some alienworld. Earthinglings garment designers don't have this ability.
At 1st draft, we only want to see the general appearance. Main focus is the cutting patterns and for fabric selection. We usually use whatever fabrics we have to start."

Love to see it but like many I'll probably skip Wesley. Seems like it might be a later 2025 or later figure at this rate (pure, uneducated, "un-expert" guess).
This IS his most iconic suit but I'd probably have still preferred his Starfleet Uniform. But it doesn't matter because I'm not getting him.
*insert required comment about how Will Weaton is cool but his character was written horrible most of the time.

Wesley isn't super high on my list (and the big dumb grin isn't helping), but the more unique uniform does make me a lot more inclined to get him, than if he was just wearing a standard uniform. .

Back