Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame because with how much GT has slowed down over the last few months, we won't see Aerith announced until next year with release being another 2 years beyond that, if we're lucky.
The problem with GT long waits is the advancement in the figure quality/technology. Tifa will come with rolling eyeballs which will make her a notch above Cloud, Sephiroth and Zack already.

Just waiting for Noctis over here. He's gonna be one of my favs. I just hope that they end up giving him AC Cloud body and not the removable arm BS... Feels awful when you're playing around with posing and his arm just falls out of the socket (I'm looking at you, Zack)

I think they should just fix the socket attachment to have it be more secure like Hot Toys She-Hulk. That way we can at least keep his arm raised up holding the sword instead of worrying about silicon rips.

dc559658d7ea69a26f4ec42ee476caf5.jpeg

Here's Iconiq's Ryu from silverfox and he kept his Ryu in a museum pose all the time 😓

534251-Untitled-3.jpg

I think they should just fix the socket attachment to have it be more secure like Hot Toys She-Hulk. That way we can at least keep his arm raised up holding the sword instead of worrying about silicon rips.

dc559658d7ea69a26f4ec42ee476caf5.jpeg

Here's Iconiq's Ryu from silverfox and he kept his Ryu in a museum pose all the time 😓

534251-Untitled-3.jpg

The problem with Iconiq's Ryu is that the typical "museum pose" is not the cast pose. The exaggerated size of his ribcage muscles (the serratus and dorsal muscles) means he was cast with his arms at a 45 degree angle, rather than closer to an arms-at-side position, because there simply isn't space under his arms to cast the figure in a "neutral" arm position. This means that a "neutral" pose with this figure is actually pulling against the material's naturally cast shape, and that's why you get tears like this.

This figure's "natural" pose would be something more like this:

ryu___street_fighter_v_dl__by_prasblacker_denn5sc-fullview.jpg

These silicone bodies will always try to revert back to their cast shape, and when the internal skeleton prevents that, that's the main contributing factor to these kinds of tears. Heat and moisture (which causes shrinking and expansion of the material) only contribute to this root issue (by causing the material to stretch). Dye from untreated clothing seaping into material will also contribute long-term to damaging the flexibility of the material (as it causes expansion, too).

Don't believe any of the marketing fluff, there does not yet exist a silicone-based material that won't have these problems. The level of variability between individual casts and the environment they're kept in means some people will get lucky and have their figures in dynamic poses for long periods of time without seeing any external damage, and others might see cracks pop up in figures they treated gingerly, but it's all anecdotal and does not refute the basic physical chemical structure of the material. Any pose that is not the cast pose necessarily requires stretching the material.

To my end, I massively prefer having a figure with replaceable arms, and any time a figure comes with both jointed and seamless arms I wind up mixing them to attain my desired pose. My Zack has one jointed arm bent and holding his sword and one seamless arm held loosely at his side. I dislike that GT has moved to full seamless bodies. The only reason Zack's arms pop out "easily" when compared to Hot Toys's figures is that Zack was designed so that you could pop his arms out. That's why he shipped with a pair of jointed arms. Hot Toys are stingy and have never shipped a second set of arms with their figures.

The problem with Iconiq's Ryu is that the typical "museum pose" is not the cast pose. The exaggerated size of his ribcage muscles (the serratus and dorsal muscles) means he was cast with his arms at a 45 degree angle, rather than closer to an arms-at-side position, because there simply isn't space under his arms to cast the figure in a "neutral" arm position. This means that a "neutral" pose with this figure is actually pulling against the material's naturally cast shape, and that's why you get tears like this.

This figure's "natural" pose would be something more like this:

View attachment 726203

These silicone bodies will always try to revert back to their cast shape, and when the internal skeleton prevents that, that's the main contributing factor to these kinds of tears. Heat and moisture (which causes shrinking and expansion of the material) only contribute to this root issue (by causing the material to stretch). Dye from untreated clothing seaping into material will also contribute long-term to damaging the flexibility of the material (as it causes expansion, too).

Don't believe any of the marketing fluff, there does not yet exist a silicone-based material that won't have these problems. The level of variability between individual casts and the environment they're kept in means some people will get lucky and have their figures in dynamic poses for long periods of time without seeing any external damage, and others might see cracks pop up in figures they treated gingerly, but it's all anecdotal and does not refute the basic physical chemical structure of the material. Any pose that is not the cast pose necessarily requires stretching the material.

To my end, I massively prefer having a figure with replaceable arms, and any time a figure comes with both jointed and seamless arms I wind up mixing them to attain my desired pose. My Zack has one jointed arm bent and holding his sword and one seamless arm held loosely at his side. I dislike that GT has moved to full seamless bodies. The only reason Zack's arms pop out "easily" when compared to Hot Toys's figures is that Zack was designed so that you could pop his arms out. That's why he shipped with a pair of jointed arms. Hot Toys are stingy and have never shipped a second set of arms with their figures.
Well said, and similar to the message and advice you gave me when I first messaged you about my Ryu's cracked shoulder a few months ago, because I had it happen first before silverfox, but fortunately, my Ryu was not as bad. Still sucks to have it happen, and after months of emailing, they're sending me a replacement, but they said it can't be the original body, but it'll be the newer Battle Ryu body. At least now thanks to your advice, I know how to preserve this new body a bit better!
20240205_223634.jpg

You could always use older Tifa with the Cowboy outfit as a Dissidia knock off instead. She has that costume in 012 and maybe that awful arcade game?

There's definitely a difference between 16 year old Tifa's and 21 year old Tifa's face, but it's not so stark a difference that at scale I think it really matters. A slightly narrower jawline and her bangs point the other way.

The bigger issue is just that her hair is shorter. Otherwise I think you can get away with using one of the adult Tifa headsculpts on a shorter body, provided the hat fits the head, which is the biggest concern I have at the moment.

I believe ACG said Tifa's earrings were removable, and looking at the close up pictures it does appear she has a hole in her ear for the earring piece to slide into. If that's the case, I think it's workable.

A warning from a poor collector.
His hair in the glass case has been bleached by UV.
Everyone please be careful...😢

Attachments

• gametoys_01.jpg
    gametoys_01.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 0
  • gametoys_02.jpg
    gametoys_02.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 0
Going to go see Rebirth orchestra today and tomorrow in Toronto! Remake's was so awesome so I can't wait! It'll make me want to order ACG Tifa even though I already have the 1/3 creation statue lol. 😫
Nice ! hope you have fun! Im seeing the orchestra tour next weekend. cant wait :)

Back