Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

Well that got us a good 4 pages of Freaktacular fun. Thanks for playing everybody.

It's still unfinished (she asked me to bring her to the store to look for a few things to add to it), but I think she's done a great job so far (she's almost 12).

View attachment 297185

And the first answer right out of the gate ended up being the winner:

Congrats punkg42, you get the model and shirt. PM me your address and I'll get it out ASAP.

Again, thanks everybody for playing.

Woo Hoo! Cake turned out great! You should be proud of her. That black icing is going to stain a lot of teeth! :lol

A tiny little monkey playing badminton against a giant rhino on a tennis court on the deck of an abandoned ship.....wearing banana costumes.....

(think I nailed it this time!!)

This was my son's second choice, incase the Mario Kart was too hard. But he wanted them to be playing tetherball instead of badminton.

Is Franklin near Gatlinburg? I'm gong there this weekend.

Woo Hoo! Cake turned out great! You should be proud of her. That black icing is going to stain a lot of teeth! :lol

Yeah, but the black will counteract the green on the other end of the eating process and make things come out more normal.

I think she did well!

Is Franklin near Gatlinburg? I'm gong there this weekend.

Love Gatlinburg and the Smokies. Backpacked Clingman's Dome this past July, and Mt. LeConte two years ago. Enjoy it when you go!

Franklin is just south of Nashville, so about 3/3.5 hrs away from Gatlinburg. But with the tourist traffic in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, it could be more like 5 hours :lol

Two more contests coming up in the next two weeks. Just a preview of what's on the table.

IMG_3420.jpg

For one of them I think I'll let you guys get creative. How's your poetry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of a contest where to enter u could draw something lol :lol

Freaktacular 2016

I was thinking of a contest where to enter u could draw something lol :lol

Yes!

Even though my drawings of plant cells look a lot like my drawings of a beach environment, which looks a lot like my drawings of a map of the US, which looks like my drawing of protein synthesis.

I guess I suck at drawing.

The quality of the drawing wouldnt matter, cuz it could be a random spin wheel drawing but it would be cool to see the different art styles :)

The quality of the drawing wouldnt matter, cuz it could be a random spin wheel drawing but it would be cool to see the different art styles :)

OK. I'll draw you a plant cell (or whatever else you want it to be).

OK time for a...

contest.jpg

So here's the deal. I'm thinking this may require some creativity so I'm hoping for some really fun responses.

Up for grabs is a little bit of nostalgia and a little bit of mystery. The winner will get to pick from 3 different prize packs. Each will consist of a 1986 McDonald's McGoblin bucket (mint cond.) filled with mystery/nerd goodies. Items will be from comics, movies, etc. Total value for each bucket is roughly $20+

4214870_tcudd4rc.jpg

Each person gets one response. Anyone can enter (yes, even overseas folks :duff). You're not being graded or anything. Those who enter are automatically eligible. Winner will be randomly selected by my cat....

Ok so here's the guidelines. As some of you know I work in the mental health field so this contest is deemed pertinent to health and happiness. Those who dare enter will be making a Treatment Plan for a "Scared Nerd." You will create up to 5 different strategies or ways to make a scared nerd feel better. It can be anything from having a scared nerd watch a movie, clean collectibles, to walking around in a graveyard with a fleshlight [in a 1), 2), 3), 4), 5) method]. The idea is to think of ways to make a scared nerd feel better. You get to define "better" :lol. Your responses can be sully, dumb, evidence-based, or sloppy. Have fun with it!

Contest begins now. End date is 10/14/2016 @ 5:00PM CT US

:winkpumpk:winkpumpk:winkpumpk:winkpumpk:winkpumpk

Last edited:

Ok so here's the guidelines. As some of you know I work in the mental health field so this contest is deemed pertinent to health and happiness. Those who dare enter will be making a Treatment Plan for a "Scared Nerd." You will create up to 5 different strategies [in a 1), 2), 3), 4), 5) method] to make the scared nerd feel better.

So for those of us not in the mental health field, can you maybe define what a "Treatment Plan" actually entails?

Back