Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

Great contest idea Shawpaw. I look forward to coming up with something.

My daughter finished her cake and asked me to share it. I only taught her a few techniques so what you see is all her work. I'm a proud papa!

a6b4760595ecfe6a44aba5ebe14132da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty damn good work for a 12-year old (or an adult for that matter :lol ). :rock

Great contest idea Shawpaw. I look forward to coming up with something.

My daughter finished her cake and asked me to share it. I only taught her a few techniques so what you see is all her work. I'm a proud papa!

Your daughter has talent, those look great!

OK time for a...

View attachment 297214

So here's the deal. I'm thinking this may require some creativity so I'm hoping for some really fun responses.

Up for grabs is a little bit of nostalgia and a little bit of mystery. The winner will get to pick from 3 different prize packs. Each will consist of a 1986 McDonald's McGoblin bucket (mint cond.) filled with mystery/nerd goodies. Items will be from comics, movies, etc. Total value for each bucket is roughly $20+

View attachment 297215

Each person gets one response. Anyone can enter (yes, even overseas folks :duff). You're not being graded or anything. Those who enter are automatically eligible. Winner will be randomly selected by my cat....

Ok so here's the guidelines. As some of you know I work in the mental health field so this contest is deemed pertinent to health and happiness. Those who dare enter will be making a Treatment Plan for a "Scared Nerd." You will create up to 5 different strategies or ways to make a scared nerd feel better. It can be anything from having a scared nerd watch a movie, clean collectibles, to walking around in a graveyard with a fleshlight [in a 1), 2), 3), 4), 5) method]. The idea is to think of ways to make a scared nerd feel better. You get to define "better" :lol. Your responses can be sully, dumb, evidence-based, or sloppy. Have fun with it!

Contest begins now. End date is 10/14/2016 @ 5:00PM CT US

:winkpumpk:winkpumpk:winkpumpk:winkpumpk:winkpumpk

1) Buck up.
2) Stop being a p***y.
3) Grow a pair.
4) Man up.
5) Didn't help?...take these pills. :wink1:

OK time for a...

View attachment 297214

So here's the deal. I'm thinking this may require some creativity so I'm hoping for some really fun responses.

Up for grabs is a little bit of nostalgia and a little bit of mystery. The winner will get to pick from 3 different prize packs. Each will consist of a 1986 McDonald's McGoblin bucket (mint cond.) filled with mystery/nerd goodies. Items will be from comics, movies, etc. Total value for each bucket is roughly $20+

View attachment 297215

Each person gets one response. Anyone can enter (yes, even overseas folks :duff). You're not being graded or anything. Those who enter are automatically eligible. Winner will be randomly selected by my cat....

Ok so here's the guidelines. As some of you know I work in the mental health field so this contest is deemed pertinent to health and happiness. Those who dare enter will be making a Treatment Plan for a "Scared Nerd." You will create up to 5 different strategies or ways to make a scared nerd feel better. It can be anything from having a scared nerd watch a movie, clean collectibles, to walking around in a graveyard with a fleshlight [in a 1), 2), 3), 4), 5) method]. The idea is to think of ways to make a scared nerd feel better. You get to define "better" :lol. Your responses can be sully, dumb, evidence-based, or sloppy. Have fun with it!

Walking in a graveyard with a fleshlight? Is the nerd a necrophiliac? :lol

OK time for a...

View attachment 297214

Client: "Gilbert"

Koniophobia/concern of excessive dust accumulation and perceived damage to toys.

Steps:
1) Advise Gilbert anytime he is upset about dust on his toys to vent his frustrations on a social media discussion board of like-minded individuals.
2) Suggest that lint-free microfiber cloths, small brushes, and a low-pressure air supply/bulb might be helpful tools to harmlessly remove dust from his toys
3) Introduce Gilbert to an IKEA catalog and help identify possible furniture solutions to mitigate dust exposure
4) Watch the video "Dust: The Memories of Our Past Family and Friends"
5) Suggest that anytime his toys get too dusty, just buy new ones​

My Treatment Plan for a scared nerd. I think most people don't want to be forced into something and don't want to be talked down to so giving them the advice to decide on their own they need help is my idea.

1. They are not alive. They don't get sad when you leave and they don't care if you don't play with them.
2. The word "Completest" was invented by the toy companies... its not something you have to do.
3. Going outside once and a while actually recharges your batteries just like changing the batteries in your toys. Its a good thing.
4. Its ok to get rid of older toys. They can bring as much joy to another person as they did for you and that's the job of a toy anyway.
5. Being a member of a message board can be a good thing. It allows you to talk with other fans and they can give you advice and ideas you never thought of on how to manage your collection and how to enjoy it more.

Last edited:

OK time for a...

View attachment 297214

View attachment 297215

I am going with a chemical "cure"....Lol!

1.) Drink this
2.) Smoke that
3.) Snort this...no not that, the other one
4.) Put this under your tongue
5.) Enjoy dancing along with the spinning dinosaurs you now see before you. :peace

my nerd is scared that he's spending too much money/time on his dollies! :panic:

help list:

1. take a tolerance break from collecting and go outside (no longer then 3 days per week to avoid sun damage)
2. watch early films to get your appreciation of your favorite movies back so it's easier to spend money on the toys
3. spend your money on women and alcohol (he's always wondered if fleshlights felt real as advertised)
4. if you don't have the money for 3, a big ol' bag of weed and a good nature hike/walk will suffice.
5. come back to the old game of collecting, but more drunk/stoned/tan/ and with b*****s/ and be the ultimate un-scared nerd.

Last edited:

Who won the pred contest?
I'm trying to think of a couple contests. I have some Lootcrate and HorrorBlock stuff to give away as prizes, w/ maybe a bus shelter poster or two, and maybe...just maybe a figure from my Movie Maniacs collection. :wink1:
5bp842.jpg

Add me to ShawPaw's contest AND,
@Veil1...Can I please be added to the 2016 sig list???? Pretty please with a severed 1:6 scale figure head on top???? :pray:

Thanks guys! :wave

What programme do you use to draw and paint the avatars, Photoshop?

Nice work on the sigs too - considering the effort you put in and your computer crashing hopefully everyone claims and uses them.

:)
Thank you

I took off work Oct 28 and 31 this year, just in case... Hoping for a fun Spook (from us), and some good deals and rewards points from Sideshow...

Back