Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

Sweet contest. I haven't entered one yet but here I go. my guess is since this thread goes like wild fire 2300. :) Oh and thanks Veil for the updated spook sig!

Im guessing you meant to add another 0 to that so I'll put you down for 23000. :)

OK time for a...

View attachment 297214

So here's the deal. I'm thinking this may require some creativity so I'm hoping for some really fun responses.

Up for grabs is a little bit of nostalgia and a little bit of mystery. The winner will get to pick from 3 different prize packs. Each will consist of a 1986 McDonald's McGoblin bucket (mint cond.) filled with mystery/nerd goodies. Items will be from comics, movies, etc. Total value for each bucket is roughly $20+

View attachment 297215

Each person gets one response. Anyone can enter (yes, even overseas folks :duff). You're not being graded or anything. Those who enter are automatically eligible. Winner will be randomly selected by my cat....

Ok so here's the guidelines. As some of you know I work in the mental health field so this contest is deemed pertinent to health and happiness. Those who dare enter will be making a Treatment Plan for a "Scared Nerd." You will create up to 5 different strategies or ways to make a scared nerd feel better. It can be anything from having a scared nerd watch a movie, clean collectibles, to walking around in a graveyard with a fleshlight [in a 1), 2), 3), 4), 5) method]. The idea is to think of ways to make a scared nerd feel better. You get to define "better" :lol. Your responses can be sully, dumb, evidence-based, or sloppy. Have fun with it!

Contest begins now. End date is 10/14/2016 @ 5:00PM CT US

:winkpumpk:winkpumpk:winkpumpk:winkpumpk:winkpumpk

tumblr_n2wcfxhL221trd0ano1_500.gif

My treatment plan for a scared little, crybaby nerd would include:

1. Self affirmations:

2. Advice from Betty White:
2z4ijau.jpg

3. Liquid Courage:
1238408638_superman_drinking_.gif

4. Face your fears
2uqzjt2.jpg

And, last but not least...
An investment in these...
a4bvjm.jpg

...To do this:
jjtzf6.jpg

anmI8Lf.gif

Below is a series of math questions. Calculate the final answer. To win, quote the post in this thread that is the same # as the final answer. First correct post wins.

Start with the ES of this guy

aliens-vs-predator-requiem-wolf-predator-legendary-scale-bust-200250-07.jpg

Add the retail price of this guy

71431_press01-001.jpg

Divide by the MMS # of this guy

6318_press05-001.jpg

Add the MMS # of this guy

mms16-elder1.jpg

Subtract 0.6 to get the final answer because I didn't really think this through before I started.

THE PRIZE:

One winner receives 2 Predator Minimate sets and Predator bottle opener.

attachment.php

predator bottle opener.JPG

anmI8Lf.gif

Below is a series of math questions. Calculate the final answer. To win, quote the post in this thread that is the same # as the final answer. First correct post wins.

Start with the ES of this guy

aliens-vs-predator-requiem-wolf-predator-legendary-scale-bust-200250-07.jpg

Add the retail price of this guy

71431_press01-001.jpg

Divide by the MMS # of this guy

6318_press05-001.jpg

Add the MMS # of this guy

mms16-elder1.jpg

Subtract 0.6 to get the final answer because I didn't really think this through before I started.

THE PRIZE:

One winner receives 2 Predator Minimate sets and Predator bottle opener.

attachment.php

View attachment 297559

132!!

Re: Spooktacular 2014

There you go. :lol

Congrats! :rock I probably have your name and address somewhere but PM it to me anyway just in case.

LOL! That was FREAKIN' AWESOME!

I don't know how you did that! You must have been a math wizard to come up with this. The answer is the post count in which you thanked Veil1 for your now infamous Zod Avatar. Sweet!!! :lol :hi5:

The amazing part is, you used several classic Predator pieces and their ES, retail price, MMS#, and waist size, and favorite food, etc. :clap

Hey thanks for the fun contest GZL!

Re: Spooktacular 2014

LOL! That was FREAKIN' AWESOME!

I don't know how you did that! You must have been a math wizard to come up with this. The answer is the post count in which you thanked Veil1 for your now infamous Zod Avatar. Sweet!!! :lol :hi5:

Hey thanks for the fun contest GZL! :clap

I liked this one. I may do some more like it this month.

View attachment 297490
Darth Madden's 2016 Spooktacular Contest #3

Contest:
Guess the post count.. oldie but a goodie. What will the post count of this thread be at 6:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday October 17th. Winner will be the closest to the actual count with the lone exception being if two people are equal distance apart then the winner will be the one who did NOT go over. I will ship overseas so anyone can play. You have until 9:00 PM Pacific Time tomorrow night (10/9) to post your guess in this thread.

Prize:
View attachment 297491
Killing Joke movie poster (11x17), Joker Movie card, Batman POP and Joker mini figure.

GOOD LUCK.

20523!

Congrats to the winners of recent contests also!! Fun contest Zod! :lol

I'll be doing a giveaway for a digital copy of the new Ghostbusters movie being released on Tuesday this Tuesday! There won't be any math...mainly because I'm terrible at math and would confuse myself when trying to come up with the question, so it's just easier for all this way!

2016 Freaktacular Contest
tumblr_nsmxel9xF21rjapcjo1_500.gif

The first 8 Freaks that respond will be entered as contestants in this poll.
Sorry, I can only accept the local Freaks at this time, but our overseas brethren can participate. Here's how:

RULES...

- I will post 8 videos for everyone to watch.
- You must select one of them as your favorite.
- Everyone can participate in the voting (contestants and non-contestants) but you can select only one video.
- Each of the 8 contestants will be randomly represented by one of these 8 videos.
- The poll will close in 24-hours from this post.
- The video that gets the most votes wins and the Freak represented by that video will be our winner.

(I'll figure out what to do later in the event of a tie. LOL!)

The winner will get to select two of the following:

2785853-l.jpg

144555.jpg

11189670-7214338329105769.jpg

A894526.jpg

First 8 to respond are in!!!

Back