Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

Wooooooooooooooo!!!

snake_has_imagination_by_rimeko_chan.jpg

I love the 2003 version of TCM! I think it's superior in every way to the original. I won't knock all originals, but there are quite a few that didn't age well. TCM is one of them, in my opinion. I watched it a couple of years after seeing the 2003 version, and I didn't enjoy it at all. That said, I won't knock anyone who is a fan of originals! I just don't like when people automatically write off remakes as terrible (not that anyone has done that here! Quite the opposite, in some cases!) The trailer for TCM was great too! I watched it after and the picture taking idea was just so awesome. Really sets the mood. Actually, I'm going to aim to watch that this weekend! :lol

I think it can go either way, where a remake can be terrible, or an original can just not hold up well and is beaten by a more recent take on the idea. I can't think of any off the top of my head, though I know there are quite a few, but I always find it unfortunate when both an original and a remake fail to take an awesome concept and make it a reality.

YESS. It's one of my favorites. I'm kind of giggling to myself here since it says 'Travis Country' in the trailer and that's where I live. Zoiks. :lol

I watch it every year and it's very, very high on the top of my list of horror favorites. Also, that butt shot...
:naughty

YESS. It's one of my favorites. I'm kind of giggling to myself here since it says 'Travis Country' in the trailer and that's where I live. Zoiks. :lol

I watch it every year and it's very, very high on the top of my list of horror favorites. Also, that butt shot...

I'm going to dig it out of the old dvd collection and give it another watch over October. :rock

:lol Yeah, you can't go wrong with Biel in this one! :lol Definitely one of the underrated horror heroins. But yeah, I've seen it a few times, and I love it. It's violent enough without being disgusting, and the characters are fun enough that you feel bad for them. Basically, they're not just horror fodder as so many usually are. And my heart always sinks when the ring is found.

tom-crying-shed-a-tear-bloody-bruised.gif

Nothing beats her backing up at the end though! I was so happy she just went nuts on him...evil bastard. :lol

I love the 2003 version of TCM! I think it's superior in every way to the original. I won't knock all originals, but there are quite a few that didn't age well. TCM is one of them, in my opinion. I watched it a couple of years after seeing the 2003 version, and I didn't enjoy it at all. That said, I won't knock anyone who is a fan of originals! I just don't like when people automatically write off remakes as terrible (not that anyone has done that here! Quite the opposite, in some cases!) The trailer for TCM was great too! I watched it after and the picture taking idea was just so awesome. Really sets the mood. Actually, I'm going to aim to watch that this weekend! :lol

I think it can go either way, where a remake can be terrible, or an original can just not hold up well and is beaten by a more recent take on the idea. I can't think of any off the top of my head, though I know there are quite a few, but I always find it unfortunate when both an original and a remake fail to take an awesome concept and make it a reality.

:lol Yeah, you can't go wrong with Biel in this one! :lol Definitely one of the underrated horror heroins. But yeah, I've seen it a few times, and I love it. It's violent enough without being disgusting, and the characters are fun enough that you feel bad for them. Basically, they're not just horror fodder as so many usually are. And my heart always sinks when the ring is found.

tom-crying-shed-a-tear-bloody-bruised.gif

Nothing beats her backing up at the end though! I was so happy she just went nuts on him...evil bastard. :lol

First time I ever saw it was in the theaters with my brother. Holds a special spot in my heart. I think you're right. Not too much gore, you feel bad for the characters and jeez does it do a great job keeping you on the edge of your seat. Best part...no cheese.

Agreed. :duff

I love both of those so much. Also, I've already stated that I think the 2003 version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was really good. It is my favorite. It's okay that others don't agree and I respect that. I just happen to LOVE it. I also lived the Hills Have Eyes remake better. Other than that I cannot think of any other remakes that blew me away past the original.

Oh, great horror display you got there.
I've always wanted to watch that. I remember specifically that I was walking it to see Shrek in theatres (I was 11 :lol) and I saw the promos in the theatres and wanted to see it. But I was too scared to try seeing it. :lol

Just saw the recent one with Alexandra Daddario :)drool:drool) and enjoyed it. It's kind of awesome to know that Scott Eastwood was the young sheriff. :love :lol

I think I more enjoy some remakes because I can affiliate the actors to some of their recent stuff. I also didn't mind I Spit In Your Grave remake, still incredibly ****ed up.

I've always been a fan of the 2003 TCM. Some brutal stuff in there that's hard to watch though. I don't like torture in movies.
Interested to know what kind of stuff you watch, Doc.

It's my son's first Halloween (he's almost 9 months old so still too young to understand) but we plan and starting the Halloween traditions early with him. Need to pick something to dress him up in. Any suggestions?! :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
For all that is Spooktacular, do not do any Breaking Bad stuff. :lol :lol
Maybe you guys can do this one.

5d643af8facb7014c1d8d5bedff82f07.jpg
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
:lol That's hilarious. Here's that costume's baby costume nemesis!

0Mh6G.jpg
That is bad-****ing-ass!! :rock:rock:rock

I can totally get that, probably why I love The Dark Knight and any Hughes films. :lol

the-texas-chainsaw-massacre.jpg

Enjoyed this movie as well. Better than the original? That's a tough one. I guess it depends what kind of mood I'm in. The original still has that grit and B-movie feel the 2003 movie doesn't convey.

Interested to know what kind of stuff you watch, Doc.

Well I used to be into 80's horror, slashers, and pre cgi monster movies...but now I pretty much spend all my time staring at pictures of Jessica Biel and Alexandra Daddario here in this thread. :banana

The Problem with Alexandra is she's in one of three worst Chainsaw Films. I don't particularly endorse the Remake or the Prequel to the remake but Chainsaw 3d makes both of them look Oscar Worthy.

the-texas-chainsaw-massacre.jpg

Enjoyed this movie as well. Better than the original? That's a tough one. I guess it depends what kind of mood I'm in. The original still has that grit and B-movie feel the 2003 movie doesn't convey.

That photo is reason enough to mark 2003 the best one..... :drool:drool:drool

Back