Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

Welcome back to the fun!

Veil, where did you go? Hopefully somewhere fun!

We drove pretty much the whole western seaboard. We went to San Diego Zoo and Disneyland, as well as seeing family in northern California. It was fun, but not really that relaxing. Kids on a long trip like this are a good argument for a vasectomy. :)

We drove pretty much the whole western seaboard. We went to San Diego Zoo and Disneyland, as well as seeing family in northern California. It was fun, but not really that relaxing. Kids on a long trip like this are a good argument for a vasectomy. :)

That's why I prefer not drive for long trips. It's so damned expensive to fly, but with four kids, worth every penny for my own sanity!

Glad you had a good enough time Veil! I need to plan a vacation/Honeymoon in the next couple of years...been far, far too long! That said, I do enjoy staycations as well...they tend to allow for more statue purchasing. :lol

Welcome back!!! Sounds like a scenic drive... I love California!

That's why I prefer not drive for long trips. It's so damned expensive to fly, but with four kids, worth every penny for my own sanity!
FOUR??? :thud: How do you find time to participate in Spook? Or be on the forums, or the internet in general? Man, I can't imagine. But 4 is less than some people have... People with 10+ kids are NUTS!!!

In retrospect, I have thousands of babies. My collectibles are my babies! :monkey3

Sounds fun! I'd love to drive across the US in a camper van one day. :rock

My wife and I have driven halfway across the country a couple times but I'm sure no kids makes it a much easier trip. We did it with a couple of cats once and that was enough aggravation for me. :lol

FOUR??? :thud: How do you find time to participate in Spook? Or be on the forums, or the internet in general? Man, I can't imagine.

That's part of why I'm not super active through most of the year! My wife and I have had an understanding for a little while that during Spooktacular, and now Freaktacular, that I am more active. It helps keep my sanity!

Besides, now that the kids are getting older, particularly my oldest son, his interests are matching my own. He doesn't collect, but we sure enjoy sharing movies and shows, and he appreciates that his dad is a big geek. Heck, I even have my older daughter interested in coming with us to see The Force Awakens on opening night. Its all coming together, its all coming together.

I warn my wife and kids that spooktacular is coming so they need to give me a little slack during this month (the last week in particular). This is one reason I haven't been doing my usual art stuff for Freaktacular this year. Not enough time. Last year, I was doing the art for the avatars when I should have been learning new programs or looking for work.... :) My wife would murder me if she knew how much time I was doing art for the avatars and not looking for work. In the end, it worked out... but I really shouldn't have played on the board so much.

I've promised a few avatars this year, but I'm not sure I'm going to get to them....i'm spread too thin. I did do some new Nutter artwork for Something sexy though.

Only a couple of hours left! Enter to win a turtle-tastic prize!!

Didn't expect that many people to enter lol. I'll do another Ooze contest later this month!

Man that Ooze is amazing. Especially because the Secret of the Ooze is my favorite film of the 3. So cool. Not entering but good luck, all.

That's part of why I'm not super active through most of the year! My wife and I have had an understanding for a little while that during Spooktacular, and now Freaktacular, that I am more active. It helps keep my sanity!

Besides, now that the kids are getting older, particularly my oldest son, his interests are matching my own. He doesn't collect, but we sure enjoy sharing movies and shows, and he appreciates that his dad is a big geek. Heck, I even have my older daughter interested in coming with us to see The Force Awakens on opening night. Its all coming together, its all coming together.
Exxxxxxxxxxxxcellent!!!

I warn my wife and kids that spooktacular is coming so they need to give me a little slack during this month (the last week in particular). This is one reason I haven't been doing my usual art stuff for Freaktacular this year. Not enough time. Last year, I was doing the art for the avatars when I should have been learning new programs or looking for work.... :) My wife would murder me if she knew how much time I was doing art for the avatars and not looking for work. In the end, it worked out... but I really shouldn't have played on the board so much.

I've promised a few avatars this year, but I'm not sure I'm going to get to them....i'm spread too thin. I did do some new Nutter artwork for Something sexy though.
Oooh, where can I see your Nutter? Is he being used on the Stash board currently?

Only a couple of hours left! Enter to win a turtle-tastic prize!!

Didn't expect that many people to enter lol. I'll do another Ooze contest later this month!
Cool contest! I already won one contest, and don't want to get greedy this early, so am passing, but I love the ooze...

I took off of work for October 29-30. I had some vacation time left, and even though Spook isn't what it used to be, it's still fun. So I shall partake heavily from October 29-31 (assuming it is still active on Saturday the 31st). But before that, I won't be very active. I won't be available most nights, and it's difficult at work with chat being blocked. Not to mention doing actual work. But I shall do my best...

Not to mention doing actual work. But I shall do my best...

Right!?! I petitioned to have at least the second half of October off. Result? DENIED! Administration said something about needing to teach my classes and helping students learn or some such. Clearly priorities are out of whack!

Awesome trip! Glad you enjoyed the drive. The entire western side, along the ocean, is gorgeous... and it's not as repetitious as most people think. We've got different types of ocean side cities. Some aren't even habitable. Those areas are really nice if you're into wildlife.

This is the year to go to Disneyland too. Despite their recent price hike (BOOOO!), their 60th Anniversary celebration simply ROCKS! I bet the Paint the Night Parade song is still playing in your head. :lol

Don't wait too long to come back. :)

We also got to do Disneyland's Halloween party.... really fun.

Awesome trip! Glad you enjoyed the drive. The entire western side, along the ocean, is gorgeous... and it's not as repetitious as most people think. We've got different types of ocean side cities. Some aren't even habitable. Those areas are really nice if you're into wildlife.

This is the year to go to Disneyland too. Despite their recent price hike (BOOOO!), their 60th Anniversary celebration simply ROCKS! I bet the Paint the Night Parade song is still playing in your head. :lol

Don't wait too long to come back. :)

Right!?! I petitioned to have at least the second half of October off. Result? DENIED! Administration said something about needing to teach my classes and helping students learn or some such. Clearly priorities are out of whack!

Shame on them! Don't they realize that time is reserved for Spook!?! Party poopers, I tell 'ya. :mad:

Back