Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

So Zod's Haiku contest inspired me to ask my Anatomy Students to write a Skeletal System Haiku on their test yesterday. Some very good ones, but one really made me lol:

Bone, bone, bone, bone, bone
bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone
One ninety four more

At least this student showed me they knew there were 206 bones in the body!

Right!

For me, scary has to have some sort of relevance. Poltergeist scared me as a kid because I lived in a house that made funny noises, had scary trees around it, and my imagination filled in the rest.

Just like now. I know Blair Witch is not something that a lot of people really think of as a scary movie, but I backpack, camp, and hike a good bit. In very remote areas. If I hear things like that, or my tent starts spontaneously shaking, or even if I'm unsure of where I am, it's pretty damn scary. Relevance.

....has plan to make mrdbios crap his pants :yess:

....has plan to make mrdbios crap his pants :yess:

It wouldn't take much!

I was in southern Illinois backpacking once, and our initial planned campsite didn't pan out. We had to move on to an alternative that we had picked. Got there, set camp, relaxed with a campfire, and turned in early (backpacking I rather go to sleep earlier and get up earlier to make more ground during the day). We're in the middle of nowhere.

2:00 AM we are awakened by what sounded like scenes from the Road Warrior. Loud engines tearing through the woods. We shot up, terrified, as 6 or 7 jeep type vehicles came tearing out of the woods less than 100 ft. from our site. I've rarely been that scared in my life. They eventually drove off somewhere (no roads there) without noticing us, but it was sure scary!

Contest Update!

Noon Check-in

I looked through the entries, and

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

When I was younger, Poltergeist totally freaked me out! Couldn't sleep for weeks, and to be honest, it still disturbs me some.

Congrats to Natalie Rushman for snagging the Funko Groot.

PM me your information, Natalie.

Thanks to all for playing, and I think I'll have one more (hopefully bigger) contest before the end of Freaktacular.

I can't believe I won! Thank you!

It wouldn't take much!

I was in southern Illinois backpacking once, and our initial planned campsite didn't pan out. We had to move on to an alternative that we had picked. Got there, set camp, relaxed with a campfire, and turned in early (backpacking I rather go to sleep earlier and get up earlier to make more ground during the day). We're in the middle of nowhere.

2:00 AM we are awakened by what sounded like scenes from the Road Warrior. Loud engines tearing through the woods. We shot up, terrified, as 6 or 7 jeep type vehicles came tearing out of the woods less than 100 ft. from our site. I've rarely been that scared in my life. They eventually drove off somewhere (no roads there) without noticing us, but it was sure scary!
Yep that would be scary.

I camped out as a kid in my backyard once alone. My neighbor thought he'd scare me by wearing a mask and waiting. Joke was on him though since I stayed inside watching TV until 1AM then went out to the tent :lol He had given up already.

Contest ends tonight... you have 7 more hours to pad the post count.... GO. :)

Does the quality of the post count? I'm thinking if I post a bunch of really bad posts, they'll count negatively and bring me closer to my choice.

Kinda like driving backwards to take the miles off a car, I guess.

Bad Post 1 (to negate good posts and bring count back down):

Words that do not rhyme with car:

donuts
blue
rutabaga
mosquito

ilovelamp.jpg

Bad post #2:

I just realized that is this is even working, all I'm doing is canceling out the post I'm actually making right now.

I'm just going to delete all my posts in this thread right before 6:00 to make the total post count equal my guess. :yess:

Back