Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

Here's what it looks like. NOTE: this is not the version by LEGO. This is the fan made Headquarters submitted for approval and got 10,000+ votes.

Lego parts count: 5,704.

Swiss Ghostbusters - Who you gonna call? | Lego Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters V2

gbhq-complete-01.jpg

Hey MC! There you are!

Hey Veil! Yeah, I'm here. Been really busy with life and wasn't sure if I was going to partake in Spooktacular this year. I'll be popping in and out to say hi but probably won't participate much but it makes me happy to see you guys still going strong. :)

we should get lego sets of famous houses from horror movies...anyone for a myers house or nancy's house from elm street?

Hey Veil! Yeah, I'm here. Been really busy with life and wasn't sure if I was going to partake in Spooktacular this year. I'll be popping in and out to say hi but probably won't participate much but it makes me happy to see you guys still going strong. :)

I know you may not participate all that much, but I have something for you if you want it:

1.jpg

Hey folks-

So, here's the deal. The Mort patches I've done the past two years have been my idea, drawn by Veil, and then manufactured by my wife.

Life this year has been on and off hectic insane for me (long story, hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel), and the past 6 weeks have been equally insane for my wife. At this point, I'm not even going to have a prototype patch to photograph before Spook/Freak-tacular is done.

So, the question to the Freaks is this...knowing that I can't promise a ship date, and it certainly won't be for at least 2 weeks until after Halloween is over, do I go ahead and do contests anyway, or just skip it this year with my apologies, and come back stronger next year?

To be honest, I'm not even sure how often I'll be able to be in chat or checking in here, with the work insanity that is going to be going on this coming week.

Hey folks-

So, here's the deal. The Mort patches I've done the past two years have been my idea, drawn by Veil, and then manufactured by my wife.

Life this year has been on and off hectic insane for me (long story, hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel), and the past 6 weeks have been equally insane for my wife. At this point, I'm not even going to have a prototype patch to photograph before Spook/Freak-tacular is done.

So, the question to the Freaks is this...knowing that I can't promise a ship date, and it certainly won't be for at least 2 weeks until after Halloween is over, do I go ahead and do contests anyway, or just skip it this year with my apologies, and come back stronger next year?

To be honest, I'm not even sure how often I'll be able to be in chat or checking in here, with the work insanity that is going to be going on this coming week.

You do what works for you and yours Kam! If you can come up with a contest and make patches down the road when things calm down, then I'm sure nobody would care if they showed up in the mail during summer next year! That said, if things are just too crazy, then there's nothing at all wrong with skipping a year if you need to do so either!

It's all in fun, and we're here to have fun together! Nobody wants to put any added stress on people, so don't fret one way or another...and hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel appears sooner than later! :1-1:

Hey Kamikaze!

You have to take care of life first. I can't speak for everybody here, but I completely understand. I come here to have fun, so I say pop in whenever you can and don't add the pressure of making patches right now if you don't want to. Just hand out when you can.

I agree with those above. I hope no one adds too much stress to themselves during this event. Nobody owes anyone anything other than good camaraderie and fun. Check in when you can and don't worry about adding the stress, kamikaze. Just make sure and enter my contest lol

Hey folks-

Kami this is all in fun so if it adds any preasure on you just skip it. Do what you gotta do and hang out when you can.

Kamikaze, take this year off brother. We're all in this together to have fun during the Halloween season. If anything we do in here causes stress or complications, it defeats the purpose of being here. Stop in every once in awhile if you're able to, join a contest or two, or chime in if you think you've got time. Take care of things at home bud, and like you said, come back stronger next year! :duff

Back