Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

Punk prizes are taking shape!

1445802483159.jpg

Sweet! Those look cool, punk!

And appropriately, i get to make my 666th post in the Freaktacular thread :mummy:bat:ghost:devil

Thanks guys. This is only the first step. Going to have bases to them too.
As for the green mohawk, it's just how I've always drawn my avatar. Not an old hairstyle. :lol. Only time I've ever had a mohawk was for like 4 days after shaving my head into one on a camping trip.

That's cool Punk, they look great. A little off topic.... TRU accidently spilled the details on the new Lego Ghostbusters firehouse. As with anything on the internet, take this with a grain of salt.

"Toys r Us has a set description! Curiously listed as an Ideas set...

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.

Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost. Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
Slide the Ghostbusters heroes down the fire pole into action. Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig! Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he's possessed!
Suspend ghosts around the building's exterior with attachable transparent arms. Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
Measures over 14" (36cm) high, 9" (25cm) wide and 14" (38cm) deep."

That's awesome. I'm definitely in for one. The Ecto-1 is an Ideas set too for some reason.

The Ecto 1 was an Ideas set. Brent Waller designed it and it went through the Ideas process. The Firehouse did not.... although it should have because one of the Firehouse submissions got the 10,000 votes needed. Kinda shady unless lego had the set going before the ideas submission got the votes.

1445802483159.jpg
Wow, those are hilarious! Well done!

Old...Punk's hair still looks like that ;)
I was gonna say the same thing! :lol

That's cool Punk, they look great. A little off topic.... TRU accidently spilled the details on the new Lego Ghostbusters firehouse. As with anything on the internet, take this with a grain of salt.

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.

Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost. Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
Slide the Ghostbusters heroes down the fire pole into action. Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig! Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he's possessed!
Suspend ghosts around the building's exterior with attachable transparent arms. Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
Oh wow. Awesome that they include 9 minifigures... Depending on the price, I may be in as well...

Reminder that my contest runs until 10pm CST tonight. If the winner sends me their address within 2 hours of me announcing the winner, it will go out in tomorrow's mail! :)

anmI8Lf.jpg

I hope Zod doesn't mind me borrowing his gif...

CONTEST TIME!!! I was inspired by the "guess how many blu-rays I own" contest, so I am doing something similar... I own a LOT of movies. Many on DVD, many on blu-ray, and some on HD-DVD. I have many of the blu-rays logged on blu-ray.com:
Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray collection

I have NOT entered all of my collection on that website. However, I also use an app on my phone, where I scan in movies I own. I have NOT scanned in everything I own into the app yet. The app includes DVD, BD, and HD-DVD, and IF I entered in everything I own, it would probably be around 4000 titles... So that's your range. My question is, how many titles does my app say I own? I will take a screenshot now so it is locked in.

Everybody gets ONE guess. Please POST your guess here by 10pm CST tomorrow (Sunday 10/25). Do not PM me, cuz my mailbox can't handle it. CLOSEST GUESS WINS! It's OK if you go over, but in the case of a tie, the person with the lower guess will win.

Winner gets their choice of ONE of the following Blu-rays, shipped 1st class on Monday, so you should be able to watch it before Halloween, unless you are overseas. If you are outside of the US, I will cover only $3 toward shipping. You must pay the rest.

Here are the prize choices (note that 3 titles are NEW/SEALED, except for the original Friday the 13th which is used, but the disc is in perfect condition)
View attachment 219217

I will have at least 3 more contests, and may find other BD or DVD options. This is all I found so far...
Bump!

i3IfafU.gif

Reaction I have to working hours on a project, and having photoshop lock up on me. Without saving. Dumb rookie mistake. I haven't been on that much because of my schedule.... Hopefully it will clear up a bit next week.

Ugh, I've been there...really frustrating! Hopefully you were able to get back to the point you were at without too much added frustration, my man!

Sounds like an awesome set, if it's true! With how popular Lego is now with adult collectors, I'm sure they're pulling no punches when it comes to making it as awesome as it can be to get people to buy it! I'm sure this'll be a hot seller for sure!!

1445802483159.jpg

Awesome prizes Punk! Very creative and unique! :hi5:

hi, I'm newish to freaktacular. I followed it last year and never posted or really contributed, so let's see what happens o-o

bluray contest --> 2984

Back