Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Furiosa....

Fury Road...

Furiosa....

Fury Road...

FURIOSA....

FURY ROAD...

Furiosa -- Fury Road -- Furiosa -- Fury Road -- Furiosa -- Fury.......................

THUNDERDOME!!!!??????
1717037786173.gif

Thunderdome falls apart entirely after the Thunderdome scene. It's always gonna have a place in my heart because of my age and the fact it WAS a super cool film on
HBO all the time for a young kid to watch...

But as an old man , I have to admit, it's really not a good film. It's half a good
Film

Furiosa isn't just bigger, it has me thinking about it after the fact much more deeply than I ever do after watching Fury Road. So if your scale is on which is the tighter more well oiled machine with an explosive finale then Fury Road definitely has the edge. Furiosa tries different things, not all executed perfectly, but gave me a deeper appreciation of the story, world, and characters that I was following which is why I rate it higher.

Last edited:
Road Warrior holds up well for an old low-budget movie.

I even think today's kids might like it if they can get past the real props, no CGI, and actual stuntmen hurling through the air. Oh wait, there's a rape, some brutal killings and really loud engine noises.... Nope, kids today won't like it.

It's quite clear Helmsworth was NOT on that set at all. Even the shots after that, which were pretty simple shots of him climbing up the truck, it was clear he was CGI'd into that scene, he was NOT climbing that truck, he was clearly climbing green screen blocks and they superimposed him into that shot. It was terrible.

Same with the Imperetor driving the rig, total off set shots added in.

Come to think of it, I am pretty sure none of the principal actors were on the Bullet Farm set, or they added a lot to that scene post production to get in another action sequence. That whole scene felt tacked on, and it showed in the production.
Yeah that Bullet Farm scene almost looked like something out of a Fast and Furious movie, where every element looks composited in and the setting looks entirely constructed in the computer. Although I will say it still managed to be a cool action sequence despite that.

The one that didn't work for me was the hanglider sequence, which I just found a bit confusing and hard to follow for some reason. There were so many people climbing in and around and under the War Rig that it was hard to keep track of who was with what group, and it also went on for so damn long.

One of the glorious things about Fury Road is that it's just about all wall-to-wall action. It's a movie that shows you exactly what a wall-to-wall action movie is. I totally get why some people find it exhausting and uninteresting... but if you ever just wanted an action movie that never stopped, well Fury Road is for you.

I had no problem with the non-stop action in Fury Road, but that's probably because I was a lot more emotionally engaged in what was going on.

It's a real trick, to make something that engages without the usual backstory/plotted "relate to" aspect of story-telling. It seems so simple, yet its is very difficult, especially when you have to maintain that for a long time with very little dialogue. Again, the mastery of Miller.

Road Warrior holds up well for an old low-budget movie.

I even think today's kids might like it if they can get past the real props, no CGI, and actual stuntmen hurling through the air. Oh wait, there's a rape, some brutal killings and really loud engine noises.... Nope, kids today won't like it.
Gotta disagree with you here. If Furiosa had less CGI, more stunts, gore etc. (At least judging from the two minute trailer which is a lifetime in today’s social media trends) it may not have flopped.

Furiosa isn't just bigger, it has me thinking about it after the fact much more deeply than I ever do after watching Fury Road. So if your scale is on which is the tighter more well oiled machine with an explosive finale then Fury Road definitely has the edge. Furiosa tries different things, not all executed perfectly, but gave me a deeper appreciation of the story, world, and characters that I was following which is why I rate it higher.
/\THIS RIGHT HERE/\

That is 100% accurate.

Both movies are very different from each other.

And choosing wisely is not even necessary both compliment each other perfectly.

Miller you son of a ***** you are a genius sir.

Oh by the way Furiosa did the impossible, it brought my fully onboard with Fury Road!

I know!

I KNOW!!!

Last edited:
Yeah that Bullet Farm scene almost looked like something out of a Fast and Furious movie, where every element looks composited in and the setting looks entirely constructed in the computer. Although I will say it still managed to be a cool action sequence despite that.

The one that didn't work for me was the hanglider sequence, which I just found a bit confusing and hard to follow for some reason. There were so many people climbing in and around and under the War Rig that it was hard to keep track of who was with what group, and it also went on for so damn long.
I would have to agree this was one of my gripes as well.

That being said overall because the movie is so over the top bombastic it all works for me.

The way i’m looking at that sequence now is that in reality it would be difficult and confusing trying to make sense of what was going on in a scenario like that so i’m ok with it being hard to follow along with the individual players involved.

Last edited:
Other than my ticket theaters are completely empty this comimg weekend for Furiosa.

Deadline reporting even though Wasteland is already written brakes have been slammed on it. :crying

Boys i’m going to need a moment.
Let's face it, despite (or perhaps because of) GM having the visionary genius label, he's had a bit of a knack for colossally bombing (critically and commercially) on follow-ups to hits - Thunderdome, Babe 2, Happy Feet 2... so Furiosa bombing after FR's critical/commercial success actually should have been anticipated. :lol

Both Furiosa trailers are now one of my favorite trailers ever made.

I’m baffled why they didn’t use the amazing music from both trailers in the movie :slap

One huge brain fart on Miller’s part.

Back