Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely and because of that spectacular climax it definitely helped me forgive most of my problems and proves how important sticking a landing is to a movie, cough..Dune 2..cough.
Yep you've gotta stick the landing which is why despite 80% of The Abyss being Cameron's best written and directed film nobody cares about it.

I'd have a much easier time forgiving Dune's shortcomings if it had the climax to end all climaxes. But now that I know it's lackluster, the G-rated "violence" and a lot of other things just get even more annoying.

I give this post a score of three angry Chanis and one angry ZaCHw117.

;)
IMG_7809.jpeg

I haven’t seen Furiosa yet, so I don’t have much of a dog in the fight for comparisons. I’m also a much bigger Dune fan than MM fan. Though, I really liked FR.

Everything I’ve heard about Furiosa has been positive, the CGI and runtime is the only thing holding me back from seeing it in theaters, but I may go this weekend just to see what the fuss is about.

Everything I’ve heard about Furiosa has been positive, the CGI and runtime is the only thing holding me back from seeing it in theaters, but I may go this weekend just to see what the fuss is about.
It's broken up into four chapters Quentin Tarantino-style which makes the run time more digestible. And then if you're able to disconnect this film from the Gibson flicks and let it be more of a sci-fi desert story like Dune or Fallout then the CGI becomes much more acceptable. It still has tons of awesome action and stunts though.

It's broken up into four chapters Quentin Tarantino-style which makes the run time more digestible. And then if you're able to disconnect this film from the Gibson flicks and let it be more of a sci-fi desert story like Dune or Fallout then the CGI becomes much more acceptable. It still has tons of awesome action and stunts though.
Disconnecting it from the older flicks is easy for me as I’ve never seen them. :lol

(I have played the game though, it’s great)

I do like the “chapters” idea. That’s cool.

Back