Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got out a bit ago.

This is the second best Mad Max i’ve seen! :yess:

Actually liked it quite a lot. More than l was expecting. The action was great, the story was pretty fun and I really liked Hemsworth as the villain, you could tell he was having a blast. ATJ was perfectly cast as well.

Favorite part was the war rig chase with the Dementus deserters - and the CGI use was at its best here.

Things I didn’t like - The CGI it was bad a lot of the times but it wasn’t too distracting once you’re used to it.

I don’t know if this was a CGI issue but the last half of the movie almost seemed like it was on low FPS mode, like “juttering” or missing frames. That *was* very distracting. I didn’t notice that in the first half.

The movie could have been trimmed down a bit, felt like the last chapter stretched on a little long. Doesn’t have the pace Fury Road has.

Overall I’d give it a 7.5-8/10!

Also, maybe I missed this but after Furiosa goes back to the citadel with Temu Max does immortan Joe know she was the little girl that escaped? 🤔

Just got out a bit ago.

This is the second best Mad Max i’ve seen! :yess:

Actually liked it quite a lot. More than l was expecting. The action was great, the story was pretty fun and I really liked Hemsworth as the villain, you could tell he was having a blast. ATJ was perfectly cast as well.

Favorite part was the war rig chase with the Dementus deserters - and the CGI use was at its best here.

Things I didn’t like - The CGI it was bad a lot of the times but it wasn’t too distracting once you’re used to it.

I don’t know if this was a CGI issue but the last half of the movie almost seemed like it was on low FPS mode, like “juttering” or missing frames. That *was* very distracting. I didn’t notice that in the first half.

The movie could have been trimmed down a bit, felt like the last chapter stretched on a little long. Doesn’t have the pace Fury Road has.

Overall I’d give it a 7.5-8/10!

Also, maybe I missed this but after Furiosa goes back to the citadel with Temu Max does immortan Joe know she was the little girl that escaped? 🤔
Oh is that who they were lol

Just saw the film today. Kind of late I guess, but I thought it was good. It's not as good as Fury Road, but it was solid.

Demetus was good, maybe the highlight of the film, even though he was doing a bit of a Ledger Joker impression. It was nice to see his evolution and downfall. He was a terrible villain, in the sense that he was not good at his job at all...complete chaos, like some kind of virus that kills everything that he touches. In a way, he was the Joker.

It was cool to see a slightly younger version of Immortan Joe. I thought the actor did a good job replacing the original.

The Furiosa character was cool. She's not a Marysue or a "girl boss" at all.

Praetorian Jack was basically playing the Mad Max role, and he was cool....but he was no Mad Max.

The CGI was a bit more noticeable, if not obvious when compared to Fury Road. Although, the transition from little Furiosa, to teenager and adult version were seamless and probably done using CGI, so good job.

Overall, a solid film that expanded the world of Mad Max, but not needed at all. I think a proper Mad Max sequel with Max in it could have expanded the world just as well and it would have been better.

Oh and the cameo!!! It was nice to see The Feral Kid again. 🤭

Just saw Furiosa yesterday and although I found it far bleaker in tone (notably in contrast to the triumphant close of Fury Road) I still thought this was a great movie and even braver and bolder in some regards than Fury Road. Why braver? I guess because Miller has dared to slow the pace down (in some segments) and allow time for character development and world-building which was still engrossing. I found myself utterly absorbed in it, and (apart from Hemsworth's character theatrics and giant fortresses) terrifying in parts because it was horribly believable.

Although I have loathed Hollywood's approach to the prequel business model, Miller on the other hand never fails to impress me with his verve for telling a damn good story and having a formidable imagination to boot.

The opening sequence for me sticks in my mind as one of the most thrilling parts of the film (I'll avoid spoiling things at all costs). It was the creativity and imagination that went into the pursuit sequence alone that made for thrilling cinema: everything stripped back (un-loading and reloading) in a desperate escape. Each character battling to survive against a pitiless, gruelling and savage landscape. I can't rate that scene highly enough, because it didn't need gratuitous CGI to make it work.

This is where I am hoping (and preying) that 'The Wasteland' can succeed if Warner decide that they will allow it to go ahead. I really want to see that final movie devoted to Max, and I'm convinced Miller can still make it work even on a more modest budget. An emphasis once again on him making a sacrifice to save others and a return to the mythical, lone figure that made Road Warrior such an influential film.

One final thought, here's a fun (but indulgent) idea to sign off with: The Wasteland movie opening with a wounded man with no name and memory rescued and healed by a mysterious figure who appears out of the desert in a battered old V8 pursuit special with remarkable survival and healing skills. The older man tells his story to Tom Hardy, who adopts it as his own when the next day the original Max has passed and left his belongings and vocal history as his only legacy. Hardy continues on his adventure. A small cameo from an older Max who has finally found peace in his twilight years. Now that would be a movie I'd like to see.

Anyone waiting for this on streaming doesn't understand cinema anyway. No comparison to a home theater to an IMAX Atmos fueled run.

That poor kid.....dwarfism has ALOT of health issues and pain associated with it. I remember that post and his heartbreak and sadness at having to endure the torture from kids attacking him because of his disability. I also remember the little ***** trying to make HIM out as the bad guy. Unfortunately, putting a child into Hollywood film Historically does not seem to actually fix anything for them....and often starts a spiral into destitution and misery.

IMG_9053.jpeg

Just saw the film today. Kind of late I guess, but I thought it was good. It's not as good as Fury Road, but it was solid.

Demetus was good, maybe the highlight of the film, even though he was doing a bit of a Ledger Joker impression. It was nice to see his evolution and downfall. He was a terrible villain, in the sense that he was not good at his job at all...complete chaos, like some kind of virus that kills everything that he touches. In a way, he was the Joker.

It was cool to see a slightly younger version of Immortan Joe. I thought the actor did a good job replacing the original.

The Furiosa character was cool. She's not a Marysue or a "girl boss" at all.

Praetorian Jack was basically playing the Mad Max role, and he was cool....but he was no Mad Max.

The CGI was a bit more noticeable, if not obvious when compared to Fury Road. Although, the transition from little Furiosa, to teenager and adult version were seamless and probably done using CGI, so good job.

Overall, a solid film that expanded the world of Mad Max, but not needed at all. I think a proper Mad Max sequel with Max in it could have expanded the world just as well and it would have been better.

Oh and the cameo!!! It was nice to see The Feral Kid again. 🤭
Hideo Kojima posted that he loves Preatorian Jack as Snake lol

The more I think about gonzo Dementus I would say he is more Toe Cutter and his gang than Humungus and his although he does his own grandiose thing as well.

Last edited:
I think he meant most of the trailers *before* Furiosa were garbage (at least I hope that's what he meant, lol.)
Yes, that’s what I meant. All the movie trailers before Furiosa began were garbage except one. The movie that looked really cool to me was the new Joker film. Joaquin Phoenix is my least favorite Joker but the new movie tactually looked pretty intriguing.

Yes, that’s what I meant. All the movie trailers before Furiosa began were garbage except one. The movie that looked really cool to me was the new Joker film. Joaquin Phoenix is my least favorite Joker but the new movie tactually looked pretty intriguing.
Gave up on that when they said it was a musical.....I hate film musicals. I love Broadway and live performances , but filmed musicals have nothing, especially since they are not actually signing on the film, and the dubs and redoubts are obvious.

Two exceptions : animated musicals, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory.

Sorry my forum friend, I meant the trailers before Furiosa began. Not the trailers for the movie itself. Please forgive my lack of description in my previous post.
I’ll add that the scene with her forearm and hand hanging was epic. I really enjoyed her being such an badass too! Really enjoyed the movie quite a bit. 👍🏼

Back