Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that Fury Road will always have is the fact that when I saw it in the theater the auditorium I went to presented it in both 3D *and* D-Box. Truly one of the most immersive cinematic experiences I've ever had. The native 3D presentation with the seat vibrating every time someone revved an engine and practically shaking whenever someone crashed, it was out of this world.

Like I soon will with Furiosa I absolutely had to see it a second time within days of my first viewing.

We all knew she'd lose her arm but they still found a way to make it a powerful moment.
So am I the only one who thought the reason she'd lose the arm was because of that map she drew on it? I expected one of the warlords would eventually find it and cut it off for a raiding party to use to find the Green Place. But nothing ever became of that.

So am I the only one who thought the reason she'd lose the arm was because of that map she drew on it? I expected one of the warlords would eventually find it and cut it off for a raiding party to use to find the Green Place. But nothing ever became of that.
I’m happy you brought that up.

Did anyone else think that Jack was tricking her into trusting him and that he was going to betray her by using her to disclose the location of her family for Immortan.

I’m happy you brought that up.

Did anyone else think that Jack was tricking her into trusting him and that he was going to betray her by using her to disclose the location of her family for Immortan.
Yeah that guy didn't look remotely trustworthy, so I was surprised he ended up being genuinely on her side. Or at least so it seemed. I suppose they didn't make it very far before he had a chance to betray her...

One thing that Fury Road will always have is the fact that when I saw it in the theater the auditorium I went to presented it in both 3D *and* D-Box. Truly one of the most immersive cinematic experiences I've ever had. The native 3D presentation with the seat vibrating every time someone revved an engine and practically shaking whenever someone crashed, it was out of this world.

Like I soon will with Furiosa I absolutely had to see it a second time within days of my first viewing.
Man I would kill to have seen it in 3D....

Hrm I actually like your idea better than what was in the film ....

I don't understand why he sometimes waits years or close to a decade in this case for a super anticipated movie and then goes to see it...over a week after it comes out after reading all the spoilers. :duh

It's not like he needed to wait for the crowds to die down on this one, lol.
Like me, probably about timing. I went with the kids. One of them is a HUGE MM fan, and one of his first real cinematic experiences was FR, followed by BR2049...

So we had to see it as a family , which means coordinated schedules and the like, I do 12 hour days also, so that's an issue.

Also I refuse to see any film Friday or Saturday night due to the types of crowds those nights. We almost all way goto a matinee and the first showing of the day to limit clowns and kids in the audience.

just got out of seeing it.
Lots of spectacle and the obligatory chase scenes.
Good 2 and a half hours of escapism,that's all really.

Was this movie necessary?
no.
But I did enjoy it.
your mileage may vary.

I didn't realise Hemsworths' wife was in this.

Like me, probably about timing. I went with the kids. One of them is a HUGE MM fan, and one of his first real cinematic experiences was FR, followed by BR2049...

So we had to see it as a family , which means coordinated schedules and the like, I do 12 hour days also, so that's an issue.

Also I refuse to see any film Friday or Saturday night due to the types of crowds those nights. We almost all way goto a matinee and the first showing of the day to limit clowns and kids in the audience.
Here is Wor-Gar in the forum opening night of all major movies…

1717385574033.gif

Hemsworth's wife is hot!

I don't understand why he sometimes waits years or close to a decade in this case for a super anticipated movie and then goes to see it...over a week after it comes out after reading all the spoilers.

I have a lot of wives to wrangle, OK? It's not easy. People keep trying to steal them. Like corralling cats.

Last edited:
OK, you all knew it -- I loved this movie.

Yes, it was too long. My only real gripe. I would have cut 1/2 hour and it would be shinier.

The CGI didn't bother me. I liked Hemsworth. I liked Immortan Joe better. I loved Mr. Davidson and his flying jalopy. I loved seeing the world fleshed out.

I LOVE ANYA TAYLOR-JOY. OK, I said it. She rocked. Best thing she's done since The Gambit.

And yes Khev, she sounded just like Charlize. Loved that.

I even liked the callbacks, which I usually don't. But these were like little treasures. That whistle from Thunderdome was the best!

I'm sure I'm forgetting alot of things -- the images and sounds are still swirling around in my head. I'd like to see this again before it goes but I doubt it will be in theaters long. On the positive side, it will be on bluray before Xmas.

Back