Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this movie necessary?
no.

I felt the same way...until today, when I saw Fury Road. Seeing Furiosa's journey in the prequel gave some of the scenes in Fury Road more meaning and weigh. Especially little quite moments between she and Max, when she mentions she was taken as a child...and of course, when she finds out the green place no longer exists. I dare say, this prequel enhances Fury Road as a film. I wouldn't mind watching both films back-to-back at some point.

OK, you all knew it -- I loved this movie.

Yes, it was too long. My only real gripe. I would have cut 1/2 hour and it would be shinier.

The CGI didn't bother me. I liked Hemsworth. I liked Immortan Joe better. I loved Mr. Davidson and his flying jalopy. I loved seeing the world fleshed out.

I LOVE ANYA TAYLOR-JOY. OK, I said it. She rocked. Best thing she's done since The Gambit.

And yes Khev, she sounded just like Charlize. Loved that.

I even liked the callbacks, which I usually don't. But these were like little treasures. That whistle from Thunderdome was the best!

I'm sure I'm forgetting alot of things -- the images and sounds are still swirling around in my head. I'd like to see this again before it goes but I doubt it will be in theaters long. On the positive side, it will be on bluray before Xmas.
1717391806834.gif

I felt the same way...until today, when I saw Fury Road. Seeing Furiosa's journey in the prequel gave some of the scenes in Fury Road more meaning and weigh. Especially little quite moments between she and Max, when she mentions she was taken as a child...and of course, when she finds out the green place no longer exists. I dare say, this prequel enhances Fury Road as a film. I wouldn't mind watching both films back-to-back at some point.
Yeah it helps that we've actually seen the green place now, and know what a paradise it was and what all she's lost. Before it was kinda hard to imagine a place like that existing in this world.

I'll watch Fury Road again soon then.

I guess that makes sense in a way.
Pretty easy story to follow.
Visuals great as always as well.as the sound.

Are we getting a third movie to this series?

/\THIS/\

Makes sense to me lol

Yes, it was too long. My only real gripe. I would have cut 1/2 hour and it would be shinier.

The CGI didn't bother me. I liked Hemsworth. I liked Immortan Joe better. I loved Mr. Davidson and his flying jalopy. I loved seeing the world fleshed out.

I LOVE ANYA TAYLOR-JOY. OK, I said it. She rocked. Best thing she's done since The Gambit.

I even liked the callbacks, which I usually don't. But these were like little treasures. That whistle from Thunderdome was the best!

I'm sure I'm forgetting alot of things -- the images and sounds are still swirling around in my head. I'd like to see this again before it goes but I doubt it will be in theaters long. On the positive side, it will be on bluray before Xmas.
At first I was bothered that the Dementus wasn’t as good as a Joe but it makes sense.

Joe standing high above everyone else in his impenetrable high tower he needs to be the main perfect villain because of the next movie and Dementus is just one of those wackos in the wasteland tryimg to make a name for himself and poorly I might add by snap and irrational decisions.

Definitely added a whole new layer to Dementus when his own man turned on him which you know would absolutely happen in the real world.

Last edited:
So am I the only one who thought the reason she'd lose the arm was because of that map she drew on it? I expected one of the warlords would eventually find it and cut it off for a raiding party to use to find the Green Place. But nothing ever became of that.
Excellent concept! THEN they could have had invaders come in and destroy the green place without Furiosas knowledge. That would've made sense.

I prepaid for tickets to go see Furiosa one last time in a Dolby Auditorium tomorrow (before stupid Bad Boys kicks it out this Thursday) and my son just reminded me that he has an end of year award ceremony that starts an hour before the movie.

"Yeah son I'm just really emotional because of...how proud I am of you..."

giphy.webp

:lol

OK, I guess it's my turn now lol. Barring anything unforeseen I should be able to finally see it tomorrow.

Your initial review is the only one I've dared to read in its entirety as I knew you wouldn't post any spoilers. Well done!

I seriously have never been more addicted to 2 trailers in my life than these 2 and a large part of that is because of the music yet the irony is that the weakest part of the movie…was the music!

Back