Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put one of these in the audience with a sign that reads "Attaboy _______ (fill in son's name)"

H3jZFH.gif
I'll still be meeting a buddy at the theater but I'll just *sigh* miss probably the first 30-45 minutes. I'm guessing I'll still see all of Anya's scenes at least. :)

Yeah, but Joe added her to his wives. With the way he reacted in Fury Road, wouldn't he 'count his riches' every day and be very aware of his harem? A new, fresh one disappearing would certainly stand out... no?
Wait, I’m trying to remember in Fury Road Furiosa was one of the wives. I thought she was his Praetorian Jack replacement warrior and not a wife.

Also with regard to the 40 day war montage we'll still always have the option of just binging Fury Road immediately after which does provide the all-out three way war, the jury's out as to whether we'll see anything like that in whatever angry Chani movie Denis is planning next.,
Here is the sad part, Wasteland was supposed to take place prior to FR, and I am sure Max had a part to play in that 40 day war.

After all, we see him hanging about right after it's done....

Mad Max : The Wasteland and the 40 day war.

Wait, I’m trying to remember in Fury Road Furiosa was one of the wives. I thought she was his Praetorian Jack replacement warrior and not a wife.

No, she wasn't a wife in FR -- she was an Imperator.

I'm talking about young Furiosa that Joe leered at in his meeting with Dementus, then demanded her as part of "the deal" and then gave her one of those metal "protectors" and a see-thru dress... and then she just disappears and no one seems to care.

Another thing that jumped out at me while rewatching Fury Road, is how Immortan Joe goes from never leaving his Citadel at all in the prequel (even with the threat from Dementus and dangers to the other towns) to suddenly charging out in a full rage after Furiosa and taking his entire army with him. I mean obviously there's a personal betrayal there and the loss of his wives, but it's still a big shift in attitude from the prequel movie.
And all that over a family squabble: The Bullet Farmer

I'm talking about young Furiosa that Joe leered at in his meeting with Dementus, then demanded her as part of "the deal" and then gave her one of those metal "protectors" and a see-thru dress... and then she just disappears and no one seems to care.
Yeah I was expecting a scene showing Rictus breaking the news to Immortan and then another showing Jack being allowed to have her as his co-pilot. I guess we're meant to assume with the time jump that if Immortan eventually connected the dots he just wasn't attracted to her any more.

Did Immortan know her younger self as Furiosa or was she "Little D" or whatever Dementus called her in front of them. Unless I'm misremembering I'm thinking that Immortan and the sons didn't realize who she was, especially if Dementus himself didn't recognize her.

Did Immortan know her younger self as Furiosa or was she "Little D" or whatever Dementus called her in front of them. Unless I'm misremembering I'm thinking that Immortan and the sons didn't realize who she was, especially if Dementus himself didn't recognize her.

No, she didn't have the Furiosa name yet. That came after she established herself after she played "boy" for a long time.

I don't remember a scene where she got her name, nor where everyone accepted her around the work shop.

There were a few odd things skipped over... strange, because the movie was certainly long enough to accommodate those brief solutions.

No, she didn't have the Furiosa name yet. That came after she established herself after she played "boy" for a long time.

I don't remember a scene where she got her name, nor where everyone accepted her around the work shop.
I don't think "she" was ever accepted around the work shop.

I believe it went:

1. Immortan Joe's groomed wife-to-be ("Little D")

2. Random boy mechanic (name unknown)

3. Praetorian driver ("Furiosa")

So #1 above disappeared and #2 appeared. Then #2 disappeared and #3 appeared. I don't think anybody ever connected the dots that all three were the same person, and only Jack knew that #2 was #3.

Apocalypse Warlords don’t keep track they get new meat every day.

Scrap meat forgotten because she went full tom boy after creepy retarded son made a pass.

Google: Following its muted debut last session, Warner Bros' Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga had a $21M international weekend in 77 markets; a good 38% drop from the holdovers but coming off of a low base. The overseas total is now $64.7M for $114.4M global.

Back