G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000009780.jpg

^

I'm just not a fan of that plate carrier that Doc has ( the 60th guy looks to have it as well) The concept only really works if there are a ton of options for pouches, but there aren't a ton of options. I have a hard time seeing those pouches stick on well too, over time. Should have just given people velcro, with a tape backing. Then the pouches could be made thinner and velcro them on. Or just make it a full mold. I guess the only wrinkle is if someone like Gridiron found a way to make 3rd Party stuff to really try to optimize those slots in the plate carrier.

One of the struggles is once they invest the R&D in the mold, you know they'll use it again, even it stops making sense. For example the 60th guy, with Big Ben's double barrel rifle. I think a double barrel M4 is kind of cool for a single figure. But for an "army builder" like the 60th, it seems kind of off. I like Doc overall though.

Hiya Toys 1/12 scale fits quite nicely with GI Joe Classified! I think this is the first 1/12 scale guy they released, Rambo! I think they're also doing Daryl Dixon from Walking Dead and Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in The Shell, as well as some other stuff.

The quality is very good! It's follows the style of Storm Collectibles where the upper torso is made of somewhat soft rubber so it can be moved in all sorts of ways, and it also provides real clothes, bags, and accessories. You can remove his clothes/jacket/watch/necklace and everything else. Very fun!

The Rambo figures do look really good, I'd love to get one.
Hiya Toy's first 1/12 scale figure was Judge Dredd and from what I've seen, it's not a good figure:

I guess, avoid Hiya Toys if it's tight fitting clothing.

This is way cooler than a Raptor SDCC exclusive. Hopefully, this means something other than Starduster for the Pulse Con exclusive.

This is way cooler than a Raptor SDCC exclusive. Hopefully, this means something other than Starduster for the Pulse Con exclusive.
Yeah, I’m thinking those leaks were off and those may just be Pulse exclusives. They’ve had themed convention exclusives the last couple of years with Mindbender and Serpentor and Chuckles and the Crimson Strike team. This year seems Cobra-la themed so Golobolus could be the Pulse Con exclusive. Maybe even Nemesis Immortal but he doesn’t have enclosed packaging like this snake monster so I’m thinking he’s not a con exclusive. Pulse exclusive maybe.

Instead of that random backpack, I wonder why they didn't include the spore pod that turned him into this monster...
That makes me wonder if that will be included with the Pulse con exclusive to complete that storytelling. But I agree, some less standard CoCo accessories and more unique accessories like snake hands and spore pods would have been nice to get here.

Really wish the headsculpt looked more like this and less of the goofy teeth from the cartoon.

1719507713802.jpeg

Yeah, I’m thinking those leaks were off and those may just be Pulse exclusives. They’ve had themed convention exclusives the last couple of years with Mindbender and Serpentor and Chuckles and the Crimson Strike team. This year seems Cobra-la themed so Golobolus could be the Pulse Con exclusive. Maybe even Nemesis Immortal but he doesn’t have enclosed packaging like this snake monster so I’m thinking he’s not a con exclusive. Pulse exclusive maybe.
A Golobulus with flying pod and alternate lower halves for display as a Pulse Con exclusive?!

Just take my money already!!

I think I would have liked to have seen a blind Roadblock head be included or made this a two pack with a blind Roadblock figure. I doubt we see that on his own so this would have been the perfect place for it.

Instead of that random backpack, I wonder why they didn't include the spore pod that turned him into this monster...

My best guess? They can reuse that backpack mold and the pistol for another figure. A spore pod not so much. I agree, your version of it would be really cool.

Unfortunately each part they make, even the body parts, will be evaluated long term for it's potential reuse. For example, that core Stalker V1 body mold was used a lot. It's why I'm a little saddened that someone like Sci-Fi might take a while to get to us. ( I mean how much of that guy can be reused? ) But someone like a Muskrat, could you probably get 75 percent of the way there with preexisting molds/parts.

So figures without reuse options, those are possibly the candidates to get shuffled over to Tiger Force or Night Force, etc. There's a lot on Tripwire that can't really translate elsewhere. Hence now he's also Tiger Force too. I recognize there are original RAH roots to some of this too, but it's why I'm not so concerned about figures disappearing forever ( They can't just make one rare Major Bludd and never go back to him again, that makes no sense at all)

I'm going to say something unpopular now. Just raise the price point. I'd rather see 29.99 Classified as mainline standard with a larger and more complex suite of accessories and fewer corners cut. Better QC, better paint, more weapons, more chances for creative add ins, etc, etc.

I know that the mutated CoCo is going to be tough to get, but he's so far out there that I gotta try :lol
Just got Airborne today. I'm not one of those "gotta have it first" types, and I know EVERYone has seen pics, but I did want to say that Valaverse ACH helmets fit him and the NODs work better. The are actually at eye level when folded down, unlike the Joe ones where they sit way high. I need to get the Gridiron M4 with bayonet to complete him.
1000010964.jpg

1000010972.jpg

Attachments

• 1000010964.jpg
    1000010964.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 0
Got this guy. It was a bit loose in the diaphragm so I filled it with glue and paper. Now its more strong in that area avoiding the loose waist down syndrome. LOL

IMG_20240629_145118.jpg

Back