G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d say that’s still blonde. Not platinum blonde but maybe more of a sandy blonde.

And yes, that Falcon head is much better. Hopefully that’s swappable with the bad plastic surgery version we got.

And more night force steel bri… corp helmets. Been seeing quite of a few of them now.

Future Retro Cardbacks I want to see:

Barbecue w/alternate unmasked head
Breaker w/bubblegum bubble accessory
Dr. Mindbender
Serpentor
Major Bludd
Cobra Viper
Cobra Tele-Viper
Roadblock V2 w/ alternate blind eyes head
Chuckles
Snow Job
Tripwire

This gives the collectors another chance to pick up previous sold out exclusives or deluxe and w/vehicle bundles.
Win/Win.

Night Force Shockwave arrived today, I like the recolors on the Ram and Shockwave. The guns are better stiffer plastic than previous releases, I just don't like the Gilboa Snake or this MAC-10 wannabe, the M250 is nicer but still too inaccurate for me. I missed out on the Vamp set so this is the first time I had the Steel Corps helmet version, could they have made this thing any bigger? The helmet looks ridiculous on any Joe figure, like a kid trying on his dads motorcycle helmet. I love the Steel Corps helmet head so I hope they retire this helmet version and just give us swap out heads from now on.
The rest is great, good deal at $40.

Night Force Shockwave arrived today, I like the recolors on the Ram and Shockwave. The guns are better stiffer plastic than previous releases, I just don't like the Gilboa Snake or this MAC-10 wannabe, the M250 is nicer but still too inaccurate for me. I missed out on the Vamp set so this is the first time I had the Steel Corps helmet version, could they have made this thing any bigger? The helmet looks ridiculous on any Joe figure, like a kid trying on his dads motorcycle helmet. I love the Steel Corps helmet head so I hope they retire this helmet version and just give us swap out heads from now on.
The rest is great, good deal at $40.
Falcon and Quarrel have swap out heads!

I received the latest batch of retro cardbacks and I really like them all.
EEL has the least change from its original release with just a Cobra logo on its backpack, even the color tones match identically to the original.
Snow Serpent received a new backpack and (Dusty’s) rifle. I’m going to keep him barebones until I get Gridiron’s new loadout.
Beachhead’s easily the best of the bunch though. A complete new look compared to Cobra Island and a great representation of one of my all time favorite ARAH figures. His loadout is what it is, nothing a little Action Force rifle can’t fix.
I think they’re 6/6 for the Retros this year and the final 3 look solid.

Attachments

• IMG_2580.jpeg
    IMG_2580.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2590.jpeg
    IMG_2590.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2589.jpeg
    IMG_2589.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2593.jpeg
    IMG_2593.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I am optimistic the real stuff will look better than the fan-made "leaks" making the rounds right now.
Suffice to say I'm in for a Rattler no matter what it looks like.

In other news, grabbed the night force shockwave basically to get the Ram.
5 minute mod to get a Dreadnok bike. (Little acetone to remove markings, little dry brushing to make some parts stand out. Quick and dirty for all of it to not get too fancy)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240723-073129.png
    Screenshot_20240723-073129.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I got my Tiger Force Roadblock & Tripwire. Everything is similar to previous releases, new ammo backpack and the M2 from the 60th Army Trooper. The ammo belt is longer than the one with the Army Trooper, still looks too small to be .50, this is the same sized 7.62 ammo belts that come with Rock 'N Roll & Big Ben btw. The tripod only sits right on the backpack one way, you can kind of get it on the other way as in my picture below, but will fall off with the slightest nudge. I like that the ammo backpack post is long, it won't fall off Roadblock.
The paint is expectedly colored different from previous versions but, Tripwire's hair is noticeably more red than the sandy blonde of the main version. I thought I would be okay with the tiger stripe paint on Tripwire's vest, in person is too gaudy, the vest has the same basic gray color as the other Tripwire so you can easily swap out vests. Roadblock has faint black stripes across his face and head, you might be able to remove them if you're careful. Strange but I kind of like the bright yellow of Roadblock's helmet. I still want to replace them with Gridiron helmets though. The plastic on the weapons is nice, it could be stiffer but acceptable.
Good set, especially for those that missed out on the Amazon exc. Roadblock.
Comparison pics, my V3(?) Classified Roadblock is sporting the Ma Deuce set from Gridiron here:
GI Joe Classified Roadblock Comparison GS 001.jpg

GI Joe Classified Roadblock Comparison GS 002.jpg

GI Joe Classified Tripwire Comparison GS 001.jpg

My Mad Marauders Lowlight and Spirit shipped. Worked out to $32 per figure shipped.... ugh. It's not available on their website now so I guess it's sold out for the time being. I'm not sure the FOMO I'd feel on this set is better or worse than the feeling of overpaying. I'll get my set early next week.

Back