G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.gridironprops.com/store/p785/112_for_GI_JOE_Classified_Mortar_arctic.html#/

I picked up this pack and the OG snow shoes separately. The other loadout w/ shoes did not come with the mortar.
I love this pack. I wanted to get the loadout for Doc too but can’t afford it right now. I thought the Retro Snow Serpent needed the weapons more than Doc anyway.
Doc is pretty cool but yeah, those pouches man. Fast forward a couple of years and give me that sweet retro cardback Doc.

Attachments

• IMG_2595.jpeg
    IMG_2595.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2596.jpeg
    IMG_2596.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2597.jpeg
    IMG_2597.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2608.jpeg
    IMG_2608.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What happened to this guy? For some reason I thought he was the SDCC exclusive, but he’s not so surprised he hasn’t went up for order yet.
This question was asked in this interview (It starts at the moment the question was asked), it wasn't scheduled for appearing at SDCC.
Terrible audio here so you'll need headphones:

Was fortunate to pick up Cover Girl recently. Like the figure. The weapons are really well done. The rubbery plastic thing is somewhat negated because the shotgun is short ( not long enough to get droopy) Pistol is outstanding. The PDA/IPad and wrench are cool. Wish she came with a backpack or some kind of carry bag. The headsculpt is a little weird to be honest. I wonder if some Marvel Legends sets can easily swap with this one. ( I think Dark Phoenix could work.... maybe... maybe the hair on that one will flair around too much...)

Something I've considered is if those Valaverse plate carrier accessory sets ever go on a really good sale, throwing that onto Cover Girl might give her a whole new aesthetic/whole new life overall.

I saw Roadblock/Tripwire on a shelf ( 55 bucks?) Yeah, sorry guys, I'm going to stay on the fringes here. I do love GI Joe and I enjoy Classified, and I'll splurge for Rattlers. But just rank and file figures for this rate, I don't know. I know it's still cheaper than 300 buck Hot Toys sets, but 24.99 times X number of figures for how long is going to add up. I'm happy for those here who are happy, but I'll play the long game for 75 percent of the overall lineup.

Toys in general are just not cheap anymore. But when you compare a $25 Joe figure to a $25 Star Wars Black Series or Marvel Legends from Hasbro and you can see how much of a better deal Joes are now. Maybe a single blaster or lightsaber or a build a figure piece whereas most Joes are fully kitted out. $20 was a great value when the line started. The unfortunate inflation pricing isn’t great but is just the reality of the times. Still best value on the market right now IMO.

Since this seems to be mainly a 1/6 scale site, I wonder if we need a spot on this site to trade or sell Classifieds.
I think the sales thread is great for 1/6 but the smaller stuff should have its own section.

2024 SDCC Exclusive Once A Man Cobra Commander goes up on Hasbro Pulse today:
1PM EST for Premium members
2PM EST for everyone

Good luck to all that want him.

Edit: Wow. Sold out in 5 minutes. Hope they are saving more for the 2PM. I was lucky enough to get one.

Last edited:
Limit of 5 so he’ll probably go quickly. I maxed out my limit so I’ll have some extras available at cost for anyone that misses out.
I wish there were more collectors like you.
Limit 5 is ridiculous as I’m sure eBay will be flooded today if they aren’t already.

I wish there were more collectors like you.
Limit 5 is ridiculous as I’m sure eBay will be flooded today if they aren’t already.
Yeah, I was expecting it to be limited to 2 max, so I was surprised by 5. I feel 2 is fair so people can get one to open and one to keep in box, but 5 is just asking for scalping to happen. And with the very short notice that these were going up today, many are going to be upset by all of this.

Looks like I missed out. Incredibly stupid of them not to limit this to 1 per customer for at least the first couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I’m hearing reports that sites like BBTS will have them up at 7PM EST(?) tonight.

BBTS had the Marvel Legends Death’s Head for a little while for pre-order for $39.99 and apparently they jumped the gun and took it down.

So there’s still a chance.

I missed it too because I'm not glued to my email and they sent it out 50 minutes before available. I don't like this game.

But it looks like they'll have more tomorrow according to the site. It says 'Pre-Order available on Tuesday, August 6th at 8am EST' under the disabled 'Coming Soon' button. We'll see.

I missed it too because I'm not glued to my email and they sent it out 50 minutes before available. I don't like this game.

But it looks like they'll have more tomorrow according to the site. It says 'Pre-Order available on Tuesday, August 6th at 8am EST' under the disabled 'Coming Soon' button. We'll see.
I’d keep an eye on this. It’s now showing August 6th at 11 AM EST.

Five is crazy. Luckily I got my one.

Not a fan of "flash sales" nor this metered out BS. I am not gunning for this set, but I do know some guys here, Classified is the only line they are hunting and willing to commit to at retail release. Also the average age in this thread and most of this forum now is probably 40-60ish. There's a point where you get too old for this jumping through hoops crap. I had my fill when Hot Toys did a couple of SDCC Predator releases and did timed release date sales, way back in the day, that kept crashing the SSC website. And it was clear absolutely no one "in charge" thought any of it through. All it was about was seeing how many collectors they could club like baby seals and have those people come back for more.

Back