Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope there is enough material from his top to allow us to pull the fur skirt down.

Other than this, everything else about the figure is fantastic.

Oh yeah.. and the missing axe. Hah hah.

Edit: language correction, not that there is any vast improvement. Hah.

Last edited:
The only thing I'd really tweak is I'd like the fur skirt and his belt line to be lower more like this.

I just always think of the fur covering most of his bottom and here it's the pants under it.

That's a big part of it... I think if that was improved I would be more inclined to purchase. It looks like the leather top needs to be elongated a bit which will allow the lower portion to be smaller and less visible.

The green on him looks good at the con.

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

I'm liking the overall look of him but like others have pointed out, it does kind of look like the "skirt" is riding up a bit too high on him.

Maybe it's just a case of whomever set up the displays just kind of put the figures out there...no real futzing done on any of them (CT armor askew, CW Anakin kind of off, Yoda doll house contents looking like it's ready for a moving sale, all lined up, etc).
Granted, I get the idea that they would want stuff presented with an "out-of-the-box" look to it to represent as close as what folks are getting as possible, but....I can't help thinking just a little futzing and straightening really makes the figures pop...

Agree. I am sure some little adjustment and there will be a whole less "complaints". :lol

Agree. I am sure some little adjustment and there will be a whole less "complaints". :lol

I wouldn't even comment on it really if I thought adjusting is all it needed, my worry is that the pieces are made to end up where they are and you won't be able to adjust them.

I wouldn't even comment on it really if I thought adjusting is all it needed, my worry is that the pieces are made to end up where they are and you won't be able to adjust them.

Sounds like a good question for Sideshow Q&A. :lecture

It's not a film still, but it's one of the costumes, it sits lower, you hardly see the pants under it, you see more shirt.

Gamorrean1.jpg

IMG_0482.JPG

ss_2.jpg

The WIP had the positioning of things pretty good, just doesn't look as nice on the actual figure.

As is often case, it can be pretty hard to actually find a full body shot in the movie (this is compounded by the fact that most of the Jabba scenes are very dark), but it sure looks like they wore it lower, and that's how every other Gamorrean guard has been portrayed in figures, statues, and art. So yeah, I'm gonna say it should be lower.

That's the thing, yes, other merchandise has influenced our memories, but even so, I think it just looks odd to have it that high with the pants, it makes more sense for the "skirt" to almost be the primary covering and the pants just be a little something to keep the boys tucked away :lol, Where it all falls right now, it just looks a bit strange, and the waist line being higher makes him seem a tad too fat.

Back