General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, we have pieces but James is controlling the game himself....if we had Irving or Love...dayumn

Honestly.... I like Delly more. He brings heart, gritty defense, pumps up the crowd, locked down Curry and is outplaying him.

Will to win > skill to win

Of course Kyrie would still be great to have, but IDK, Delly has played incredible.

Delly put up similar numbers in this game as Kyrie did in game 1

Honestly.... I like Delly more. He brings heart, gritty defense, pumps up the crowd, locked down Curry and is outplaying him.

Will to win > skill to win

Of course Kyrie would still be great to have, but IDK, Delly has played incredible.

Delly put up similar numbers in this game as Kyrie did in game 1

I like him....a second big time player would be welcome to take some of the pressure off

Here is JR Smith taking garbage shots to cost the Cavs.

like i said JR like to do Forced circus shot... pass damn it.

Lebron is Batman and Robin is Delly.

Kyrie is like Nightwing. Never around when you need him....

LOL......

Wow kudos to delly he is better than chalmer for sure. lucky for LBJ he dont have to shout to delly like he did to chalmer. =D
irving and delly ? damn they are equal in handling traffic.

Another hard fought game. Cavs are playing so hard, the longer the series goes, the harder it's gonna be for them to pull off the miracle. Each game, we see some of these bonehead plays by the role players down the stretch. They've been very fortunate it hasn't cost them yet. I'm curious to see how David Lee will play with more minutes in the next game.

I am in utter shock. I haven't been watching cuz I'm out of the country but Lebron is amazing...he just puts up legendary numbers. I wonder if they can keep it up if this things goes 7 games...they prob need to win in like 5 or 6 games cuz I seriously doubt they will have enough gas to go the distance.

Seriously....Lebron vs everyone with the occasional assist from a teammate.....haters will hate but he is amazing regardless the outcome

And aside from the drama aspect, it's pretty boring, the other players stand around while lbj waits for the clock to wind down and then takes a jumpe or drives to the net. The other guys on th floor aside from Della need to get involved

LeBron has been incredible this series. His numbers have been off the charts. ESPN.com showed a graphic that LeBron had more combined assists and rebounds in games 1 and 2 than Michael Jordan did in six games in the 1998 Finals. Win or lose, he has further cemented himself among the all time greats. Sure you can criticize his low shooting percentage (taking more than 30 shots in each game) but they need him to be a volume scorer with the lack of other scoring options. JR Smith can get hot, but more often he doesn't (though he is a HUGE improvement over Dion Waiters). Shumpert can score as well, but the Cavs would rather have his defense. And Mozgov is a big time player, but he won't be on the floor when Kerr decides to go small. Plus, I'd rather have the star player take more shots and miss. Harrison Barnes went something like 0 for 8 for the Warriors last night; I'm sure GS fans would have rather had Steph Curry take 8 more shots and live with that, make or miss.

Cleveland needs to keep it up and just give everything they can give, especially LeBron. They can rest after the season (although with the amount of minutes, LeBron has played over his career, Cleveland should be worried that his body will break down early). GS always has a puncher's chance, especially with those ridiculous shots that Curry makes. If and when Kerr says "F it, I'm opening up the rotation", the Cavs could be in trouble. Cleveland essentially plays a seven man rotation: LBJ, Tristan Thompson, Timofey Mozgov, Matty Delavadova, and Iman Shumpert as starters, and JR Smith, and James Jones off the bench. Mike Miller gave them a few minutes last night, but at this point in his career, he's not going to give much. Besides Golden State's starting five of Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, and Bogut, they send Andre Igoudala, Shaun Livingston, Festus Ezeli, and Leandro Barbosa regularly. Marreese Speights also played in games 1 and 2, and David lee finally got off the bench last night. That's potentially 11 players GS can throw at Cleveland. It's pretty telling when out of neccessity and because of league rules, Kyrie Irving is on the playoff roster and recorded a "DNP-Coache's decision" last night.

And aside from the drama aspect, it's pretty boring, the other players stand around while lbj waits for the clock to wind down and then takes a jumpe or drives to the net. The other guys on th floor aside from Della need to get involved

From an aesthetic and basketball purity point of view, it's ugly. But that's the Cavs game plan. By winding the clock down, they lessen the number of offensive possessions for the Warriors. Cleveland knows they can't run and gun with Golden State. So they slow it done, and bludgeon the Warriors with LeBron. Just like the New York Giants did in Super Bowl XXV against the Buffalo Bills. Against a superior offensive team, you slow the game down.

One more thought: I don't want to jinx anything yet, because if things get desperate, I can see Kerr doing this, but kudos to Steve Kerr for not having his team do the Hack a Tristan Thompson strategy. They've only done it a few times so far, but they haven't gone to the extremes like the Hack a Jordan or Hack a Howard strategies. Is it a legit strategy within the rules? Yes. But I feel it's an insult to game of basketball.

I can't believe what I am watching. LeBron is putting together quite possibly the greatest NBA Finals performance we have ever seen. I'm not a fan of LeBron, but I am not dumb enough to let that ruin what I am watching.

And kudos to you for stating that.

The loss to the Mavericks in the 2011 Finals may have been the best thing that ever happened to LeBron. He had to look within himself, and now he has his home town halfway to a championship.

And kudos to you for stating that.

The loss to the Mavericks in the 2011 Finals may have been the best thing that ever happened to LeBron. He had to look within himself, and now he has his home town halfway to a championship.

It still feels so good to hear/read that! :rock

Delly was in the hospital overnight for dehydration. Stats say game 3 is the most important. I think game 4 will be. If GS wins tomorrow, it's even and they have home court back. The cavs are getting worn down and GS figured something out with Lee last night.

In limited minutes, David Lee gave them a boost. He's been an All Star for a reason...but he's a liability defensively. If Kerr chooses to start him, who will they send to the bench, Draymond Green or Harrison Barnes? I was wrong in thinking Draymond Green would be matched up with LeBron (guess that's why I'm not an NBA coach, LOL); though Green is the superior defender, GS has put Harrison Barnes on LeBron (most likely so Draymond Green can help from the weak side or to guard LeBron in crunch time without being in foul trouble) to start. If David Lee is moved to the starting line up, I don't see GS having him guarding LeBron; he'd be abused. The alternative isn't any better as Tristan Thompson would be grabbing offensive rebounds even more than he is now.

I think Golden State's best strategy is emulate LeBron's first title in Miami and go small. Play with three forwards (Barnes, Green, and either Lee or Iguodala) and relegate Bogut to the bench.

I don't know though...I am old enough and watched enough sports to know that there are always intangibles you can never account for, and it seems that LeBron has taken the entire city of Cleveland on his back and has relished the challenge. Instead of this burden breaking his back, he's embracing it and it seems to be giving him strength. Am I deluding myself? The next few games will tell us, but it makes for a fantastic narrative.

Back