General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh there's no way they will be able to hang with GS or SA but that applies to most of the West and probably the entire league, lol.

The Los Angeles Clippers are trying to convince DeAndre Jordan to reconsider his decision to sign with the Mavericks after Jordan verbally committed to join Dallas last week, according to league sources.

Free agents are traditionally considered off limits once they strike a verbal agreement with a team during the NBA's annual moratorium period, but sources said that the Clippers have pushed to secure a meeting Wednesday in Houston for coach/team president Doc Rivers and possibly owner Steve Ballmer to make one last face-to-face pitch to Jordan to convince him to walk away from the four-year, $80-plus million max deal he committed to with the Mavericks and stay with L.A.

Sources say that some of his Clippers teammates have been in contact in recent days as well with Jordan, who informed both the Mavericks and the Clippers of his decision last Friday and then flew to his offseason home in Houston.

Thursday is the first day teams and players can formally sign contracts once the moratorium is lifted. Sources say the Clippers, since Jordan's return to Houston, have been bypassing his representatives from Relativity Sports and have urging him to take the Clippers' offer instead while there's still time.

Sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard that Jordan has told people close to him since picking Dallas that he's still "torn" and "unsure" about his choice.

The NBA's moratorium period at the start of July every year is designed to allow the league to calculate the precise new salary cap and luxury tax figures for the coming season. But teams and players are allowed to come to verbal agreements during the moratorium starting July 1. The first seven days of 2015 free agency produced a frenzy that has seen roughly 70 free agents come to terms on new contracts.

Reports say Jordan will be on a plane back to LA tonight, Sorry Mike, this must stink.

If they lose Wes Matthews..... man. Jordan screwed the Mavs.

Obviously, DeAndre's decision affects both the Clippers and Mavs immensely...but it also potentially affects the Cavs. Clips were willing to move Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood's expiring contract in hopes of cap space to replace DeAndre Jordan. Now they don't need to. Crawford would have given the Cavs some more perimeter scoring off the bench.

Reports say Jordan will be on a plane back to LA tonight, Sorry Mike, this must stink.

If they lose Wes Matthews..... man. Jordan screwed the Mavs.

It's a kick in the gut for sure, but the follies of the Mavs off seasons only seem to get crazier and crazier every year...I am kind of excited to see how they get screwed next year, lol.

Matthews is signing his deal...Cuban gave him the option to back out if he wanted to, but he decided to honor his word unlike Jordan.

Obviously, DeAndre's decision affects both the Clippers and Mavs immensely...but it also potentially affects the Cavs. Clips were willing to move Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood's expiring contract in hopes of cap space to replace DeAndre Jordan. Now they don't need to. Crawford would have given the Cavs some more perimeter scoring off the bench.

I never read any serious talks about that trade, but with Stephenson , pierce and rivers coming off the bench for them, I don't see where Crawford fits in all of that, so it could still happen......hopefully it does.

Still think signing love for max deal was a mistake. TT got better through out the playoffs and are risking alienation the longer this plays out.
perhaps raps will work a trade for TT since i doubt raps will offer demar max deal next season and TT would start instead of sitting on the pine pony.

Not a mavs fan but that was ****** move since they moved 2 key players in monta ellis and tyson chandler to accommodate DJ

I think the Cavs will find a way to sign Tristan Thompson. He and LeBron share the same agent, and don't underestimate LeBron's influence.

Still think signing love for max deal was a mistake. TT got better through out the playoffs and are risking alienation the longer this plays out.
perhaps raps will work a trade for TT since i doubt raps will offer demar max deal next season and TT would start instead of sitting on the pine pony.

Not a mavs fan but that was ****** move since they moved 2 key players in monta ellis and tyson chandler to accommodate DJ

Eh, Cavs waiting for someone to make TT an offer then they'll match. After giving up Wiggins, I am glad for max deal for Love. Even if LBJ should ever bolt, we have Love and Irving booked for several years. Assuming they stay healthy those two winning combo....toss in Lebron hopefully it is a championship trio.

I don't see anyone making TT an offer cause they all know he's gonna stay. Teams should've done it early on in FA. Lebron officially said he wants Smith back, so that kind of sucks that he most likely will be back. I would bet they get Prince and that will be it. Even if they can get rid of Haywood, I doubt anyone good will end up going to Cle in return.

I don't see anyone making TT an offer cause they all know he's gonna stay. Teams should've done it early on in FA. Lebron officially said he wants Smith back, so that kind of sucks that he most likely will be back. I would bet they get Prince and that will be it. Even if they can get rid of Haywood, I doubt anyone good will end up going to Cle in return.

Suspect bench again this year.....Iman, Mo, Prince, TT, Andy.....guess it'll be what it is.....

Back