General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, guess what? LaMarcus Aldridge has signed with the Spurs!! woot woot (sorry I'm still celebrating!!)

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Best 4th of July ever for me. The spurs will dominate next season. I cant imagine anyone really competing against an Aldridge Duncan frontcourt

Best 4th of July ever for me. The spurs will dominate next season. I cant imagine anyone really competing against an Aldridge Duncan frontcourt

I can. The Lakers led by Roy Hibbert will dominate the Spurs.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great move by SA...take pressure of Duncan on the offensive end. Should be a nice pick and pop combo with Parker too. Spurs looking DAMN good.
Add some Green and Leonard D on top...
I can. The Lakers led by Roy Hibbert will dominate the Spurs.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Aww man for a few seconds you had me there

Lakers will have the unstoppable beast, the 7'2 STUD, the GOAT, he who shall not be named and struggles to get a rebound against Nate Robinson.

DA ROY HIBBERT.

Its over for the league, Lakers have clinched the title through at least 2018.

I can understand West, as he'd be somewhat affordable, but why Joe Johnson? Past his prime. He's still a good player, but not worth the tax hit. ESPN reporst that if the Cavs get Johnson, they'd have a max player at EVERY position. :dunno

yea, I just saw how much money that guy makes. I take back my statement. Too much money for that guy. Same with Deron Williams. I doubt the Nets will be able to get rid of either. I hope the Cavs have some sort of agreement with West since they are being pretty active with trying to trade Andy.

Looks like he wants that ring.

San Antonio and Golden State will be interesting...power vs. speed. Usually speed kills (although the Finals wasn't a good barometer as the Cavs were undermanned) but it'll be interesting to see SA and GS play.

****ing Cavs man, ****ing Cavs. They haven't improved anything. Lebron is still my fav player, but he needs to stop playing GM over there cause they haven't improved anything. Joe Johnson honestly wont bring much more to the table over Smith, so it's not worth getting him for crazy money. Everyone else is locked up. No good free agents left now. It's not about winning the East anymore, it's about being better then the top 2 guys out West, and they don't look like it as constructed.

Wow. Still can't fathom David West taking an $10.5 million pay cut. Maybe he was smart with his prior earnings and invested/didn't spend much of it...but $10.5 million?

DeAndre Jordan to sign a max deal with the Mavs.... Wes Matthews signed there as well.

But realistically the Mavs are terrible. They lost 10 players this season. Charlie V, Richard Jefferson, Greg Smith, Bernard James, JJ Barea, Rondo, Ellis, Chandler, Al Farouq Aminu.... I mean... they are done in the west, even with the signings they did.. no PG and no bench.

Any chance the Clippers had at winning a title is officially done. The best big left is Enes Kanter... who is terrible defensively.

The Mavs are preparing for life without Dirk...I don't think these deals were made thinking they would get them to the 2016 finals by any stretch, but they have to start putting pieces in place for the future and Parsons, Jordan, and Matthews is a pretty good core to build around.

I like what they have done and it is going to make heading into the post Dirk era a little bit easier.

Also, the Mavs are bringing back Barrea, Jefferson, and Villanueva. Out of the rest you named only Ellis will be difficult to replace. They are pretty good at finding decent role players late in free agency so I am confident that they will fill out the rest of the roster once they figure out who their starting PG is going to be.

Also, the Mavs are bringing back Barrea, Jefferson, and Villanueva. Out of the rest you named only Ellis will be difficult to replace. They are pretty good at finding decent role players late in free agency so I am confident that they will fill out the rest of the roster once they figure out who their starting PG is going to be.

Saw those deals done. I think the Mavs will be set up to really contend come next year. Bump in cap, they can sign a point guard and some younger bench players. As you mentioned they have a great core and Dirk can still go. I just feel like the liability at PG, old bench, will do them in to GS or SA.

Back