General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11376020_1603433396602474_437481592_n.jpg

201506_0419_ebgab_sm.jpg

:lol:rotfl:lol

Considering how they had so much rest during the playoffs I dont get why your top guys cant come out an play as many min as needed. Thats as much on the players not having the conditioning as on the coach.

I agree 100%. It's any and all hands on deck whenever you are in a position to win a championship. Any team's star(s) can be needed to play heavy minutes when a playoff series is on the line much less a championship. If a player is gassed, it's his fault for being out of shape. The greats of the game play the minutes and come through for their teams in the clutch. A player who doesn't perform well in the 4th quarter because of minutes played, is not an excuse for not being able to get the job done.

Oh look who is bashing LeBron again and bringing up the "greats" aka Jordan :rolleyes2

I guess people forgot the last team that was down 3-1... came back to win.

Oh look who is bashing LeBron again and bringing up the "greats" aka Jordan :rolleyes2

When was the last time it happened in the NBA finals. Don't come back until you have a team name.

When was the last time it happened in the NBA finals. Don't come back until you have a team name.

That doesn't matter at all. It takes four games to win, the Warriors have three wins. Now, does three = four? Do the Warriors have enough wins to be crowned champion?

My post was a general statement. It never mentioned a single player. Neither the letters M or J appeared in my post together. I also never mentioned LeBron. I said stars have to come through for their teams in the clutch and heavy minutes are not an excuse for poor play in the 4th quarter when a championship is on the line.

That said, I'm proud of you young jedi. You were able to deduce on your own that MJ averaged 43 minutes a game in the Finals and came through in the clutch with championships on the line. That's how he went 6-0 in the Finals and won the Finals MVP 6 times. You were also able to recognize LeBron's futility in the Finals without anyone spelling it out for you. This is true progress. Congrats.

If it's so overrated why do the players talk about it so much? A smokescreen? Yeah doubt it. I am not saying that GS isn't better or deeper but if your looking tired in the third obegining of the forth something is wrong.

Just a tad, I played soccer and was a midfielder so yeah I ran all day. I did distance running racing. I wrestled. I played hockey and even use to played iron man tournaments where you played with only 6 players for the whole tournament where you had to suck it up there was no rest. I do long distance cycling events and use to race mountain bikes. So I have a good idea of when it become heart. If your conditioning is top you always kind find a little more when you want to. Let's not forget this is the team that last year had less of a bench and some players went to hard they ended up in the hospital. That's what heart can do for you during the game if your willing to push it.

This is great. Living out your peak high school "glory days" and comparing it to professional athletes, knowing when it is "heart." Maybe you should tell the Cavs this?

My post was a general statement. It never mentioned a single player. Neither the letters M or J appeared in my post together. I also never mentioned LeBron. I said stars have to come through for their teams in the clutch and heavy minutes are not an excuse for poor play in the 4th quarter when a championship is on the line.

That said, I'm proud of you young jedi. You were able to deduce on your own that MJ averaged 43 minutes a game in the Finals and came through in the clutch with championships on the line. That's how he went 6-0 in the Finals and won the Finals MVP 6 times. You were also able to recognize LeBron's futility in the Finals without anyone spelling it out for you. This is true progress. Congrats.

I already said in my posts LeBron needed to step up and just quite didn't. He wasn't gassed though. I don't know why any of you are saying this. Go back and watch the game. James played physical till the end. Was aggressive on the glass and even had a couple blocks late in the game. He shot 4-7 from the field in the 4th, even though some of those points were in garbage time, anytime he drove in he was doubled up. He kicked it out and let his teammates take the somewhat open shots.

The difference was free throw shooting and three pointers, not heart or effort or conditioning. You would have to be blind not to see this. The Cavs were 0-5 in the 4th from three and shot 33% from the line in the 4th. For the entire game Cavs were 6-25 from three, 15-26 from the line. Compare that to the Warriors.... 17-36 from three and 25-31 from the line. The Cavs should have won this game. They didn't due to bad shooting.

Some of you act as if the Cavs played perfect and still got beat. Curry and Thompson went off and they only lost by 11, which is the same amount of free throws missed. Cavs play like this again and just make a couple more threes and shoot better than 60% from the line.... they will win game 5, guaranteed.

Edit: Don't forget Kerr and Paxson coming through in the clutch, you always act as if Jordan did it all by himself in a 1v5 game.

I already said in my posts LeBron needed to step up and just quite didn't. He wasn't gassed though. I don't know why any of you are saying this. Go back and watch the game. James played physical till the end. Was aggressive on the glass and even had a couple blocks late in the game. He shot 4-7 from the field in the 4th, even though some of those points were in garbage time, anytime he drove in he was doubled up. He kicked it out and let his teammates take the somewhat open shots.

The difference was free throw shooting and three pointers, not heart or effort or conditioning. You would have to be blind not to see this. The Cavs were 0-5 in the 4th from three and shot 33% from the line in the 4th. For the entire game Cavs were 6-25 from three, 15-26 from the line. Compare that to the Warriors.... 17-36 from three and 25-31 from the line. The Cavs should have won this game. They didn't due to bad shooting.

Some of you act as if the Cavs played perfect and still got beat. Curry and Thompson went off and they only lost by 11, which is the same amount of free throws missed. Cavs play like this again and just make a couple more threes and shoot better than 60% from the line.... they will win game 5, guaranteed.
See you after game 5. If they lose, I look forward to your detailed excuses....sorry, I mean analysis.

This is great. Living out your peak high school "glory days" and comparing it to professional athletes, knowing when it is "heart." Maybe you should tell the Cavs this?
I actually still race mtn bikes to this day. I played hockey in my 20s and 30s. And if they are gassed half to 3/4 the way through the game maybe they shouldn't be pro athletes. You didn't hear that for the GS players when all player 40+ min were gassed. Why is just the losers who were gassed? I'll gladly tell them they lost because they don't have the heart.

See you after game 5. If they lose, I look forward to your detailed excuses....sorry, I mean analysis.

You must have a low basketball IQ not to be able to see this. I already picked the Warriors months ago when you all said they wouldn't repeat, so I expect the Warriors to win the series, but I don't think it is over.

Sorry you were proven wrong and now see the real reason the Warriors won and the Cavs lost. As explained in my post above. It is not excuses, they missed easy shots from the free throw line and shot bad from three. Those are facts, not excuses. Excuses are blaming the refs or saying if Love started Cavs would have won.

I actually still race mtn bikes to this day. I played hockey in my 20s and 30s. And if they are gassed half to 3/4 the way through the game maybe they shouldn't be pro athletes. You didn't hear that for the GS players when all player 40+ min were gassed. Why is just the losers who were gassed? I'll gladly tell them they lost because they don't have the heart.

That is cool.

But it wasn't being gassed or heart as the reason they lost. 6-25 from three, 0-5 in the fourth. 15-26 from the line, 2-6 in the 4th.

Come on we all know it's Love's fault the Cavs lost.

If I was to blame one player, it is LeBron. I'm not bias like most. Seven turnovers and didn't take over the game when he needed to. Take away the garbage time buckets.... he was 8-18, 19 points and a +/- of -12. Sure he is passing the ball good and playing decent to good defense, he should be able to recognize some of the guys are struggling and he needs to play hero ball.

You must have a low basketball IQ not to be able to see this. I already picked the Warriors months ago when you all said they wouldn't repeat, so I expect the Warriors to win the series, but I don't think it is over.

Sorry you were proven wrong and now see the real reason the Warriors won and the Cavs lost. As explained in my post above. It is not excuses, they missed easy shots from the free throw line and shot bad from three. Those are facts, not excuses. Excuses are blaming the refs or saying if Love started Cavs would have won.

The fact is they need a leader. The fact is they need a clutch player with the game on the line. The fact is they need a player that can just flat out get it done and not fill up a score sheet with meaningless stats in a critical loss of a close game. They need a guy who will make a critical defensive stop in a close game. The fact is they need a player not to turn the ball over. They need a guy who'll score 40 when it's needed. Great players get it done. They lead their teams to wins. There's no one on this Cavs team that can do that.

I watched all the playoff games, I could care less who wins, but Lebron is the most-over rated player in sports. People can cry and post stats, its not going to change my mind. Watch the games.

Back