General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming GS takes the next game which I think they will do, it's gonna be an interesting off season for CLE. New coach? new players? At least Bron can now build his ideal team.

I mean this with no disrespect to the city of Cleveland but the reality is, no one wants to play there. And by no one, I mean someone who is a REAL difference maker. That's why Bron joined Wade in Miami with Bosh. KD is the big Fish in the free agent market. Does anyone think he'll be going to Cleveland? Chicago has the same problem. We couldn't even get Wade to come back home. So who do we get? Players like Boozer or a past his prime Gasol. For whatever reason, playing ball in the Midwest isn't real appealing to star free agents. Teams from that area are basically stuck with building through the draft. If you hit, you're set. If you miss, your done.

Barkley made interesting points that I agree. James and Irving where gassed by the third and fourth. Love and Thompson were decent. Put them in and give Irving or James some rest. And then alternate, James out, Love in, Love out, James or Irving back in. Kerr gave Curry and Clay ample rest by putting in Iggy, Barnes, Varejo, Livingston at perfect spots.

Lue already made a goof in the press conference saying it doesn't matter if they have to play all 96 minutes, it's the finals normally yes, but you can't take that approach with a factor with GS defense. It's too much wear for Irving and James to overcome. :lecture
Considering how they had so much rest during the playoffs I dont get why your top guys cant come out an play as many min as needed. Thats as much on the players not having the conditioning as on the coach.

Considering how they had so much rest during the playoffs I dont get why your top guys cant come out an play as many min as needed. Thats as much on the players not having the conditioning as on the coach.

Rested or not, they're in a sprint right now. No matter what shape you're in, or well rested you are, you're going to get tired playing 45 minutes at this level.

LOL! I was pulling for Cleveland tonight. I like a tight series. Wanted this to go 7 and may the best team win. I'm guessing your a Cavs fan and are a little upset with the loss tonight.

I am a Cavs fan and more than anything want it for this city, but I learned long ago not to get too invested in or upset by sports. Just not worth it.

My comment really had to do with your constant vomit of Lebron negativity.

Oh, and for the other Clevelanders: at least the Indians are in first place! ⚾

Last edited:

Has nothing to do about rest before the series or even conditioning, as we saw, GS defense is too overpowering that it can wear out any good team. Cleveland is just so outmatched defensively and physically, GS has bigger and stronger defensive players and Kerr can get the entire bench involved at anytime.

Kerr has that team dialed in. There isn't one guy on GS that can't defend on that team. Even a guy like Maecado who barely played can make a difference defensively

Just bad game strategy on Cavs. Even the analysts said that Cavs went away from the plan that worked for them in game 3 and went back to what didn't favor them in games 1 and 2.

When you have great defense like the dubs, they don't need the slash brothers to overpower the game for the win. Even though Curry and Clay finally had decent production.

Also like I keep mentioning, Cavs missing so many free throws were huge in this game. Meaning they got the fouls they wanted but they couldn't capitalize on them.

Cleveland clearly outscored GS, but the dub's overall defense throughout the game and the combo of three pointers in the fourth were just enough to win the game. Not to mention that GS hitting their freethrows helped. :lecture

I'm not a die hard Cavs fan, in fact never thought the franchise was ever good until LeBron came to the league. Same with Miami, until Shaq, Wade and Lebron.

I just wanted a good competitive Finals series this year

My teams were always the Western conference like the Lakers, Malone's Jazz, SA etc. too much talent in history. However I did root for Boston and Chicago during the Mchale , Byrd and of course Jordan and Pippen era. Even Boston was a force with Pierce, Garnett and Allen with Doc for Boston for a stretch.

Even OKC and now GS has better talent than the East

I was hoping that Lebron returning to Cleveland would make a difference, but it didn't when it counts, which is the Finals. He still needs help and taking the role of managing the team was foolish on his and the owner's part when he still didn't have the help he needed.

Irving is great, but he can't defend. Irving still needs more experience.

Lebron has a team now, just needs some weapons, particularly on defense. That's why Cleveland needs to trade Love and J.R. Smith to free up some money and get some new talent defensively in there.

Last edited:
Rested or not, they're in a sprint right now. No matter what shape you're in, or well rested you are, you're going to get tired playing 45 minutes at this level.
Then whats the point of all that rest. Sorry if you can't muster up the energy to come out and play a full game in order to get your team to championship then maybe you don't have the conditioning you need. Tired of not you find a way when your in this position. Also lets not say 45 min when they looked gassed by end of 3rd. Lets not forget this is the team who had someone go to the hospital last year so unless then ended up in the hospital they had more in the tank.

Then whats the point of all that rest. Sorry if you can't muster up the energy to come out and play a full game in order to get your team to championship then maybe you don't have the conditioning you need. Tired of not you find a way when your in this position. Also lets not say 45 min when they looked gassed by end of 3rd. Lets not forget this is the team who had someone go to the hospital last year so unless then ended up in the hospital they had more in the tank.

1) Maybe extra rest is overrated, especially against a better coached, deeper team.

2) Have you played much in the way of sports? Even the best athletes can wear down, and it has nothing to do with heart. And if your comment is directed at Lebron, realize that he's been to the Finals 6 straight years: that's A LOT of extra wear on him and, if it isn't already, will begin to show soon.

I am a Cavs fan and more than anything want it for this city, but I learned long ago not to get too invested in or upset by sports. Just not worth it.

My comment really had to do with your constant vomit of Lebron negativity.

Oh, and for the other Clevelanders: at least the Indians are in first place! ⚾

Well, if you don't like my thoughts or opinions on LeBron, you are free to add me to the ignore list. I personally have no problem with the city of Cleveland winning a title. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's gonna be the Cavs anytime soon. The teams in the West are obviously superior than any of the garbage teams in the East. Unless there's a trade or a significant free agent signing for the Cavs. I don't see that changing anytime soon. So...go Indians.

Has nothing to do about rest before the series or even conditioning, as we saw, GS defense is too overpowering that it can wear out any good team. Cleveland is just so outmatched defensively and physically, GS has bigger and stronger defensive players and Kerr can get the entire bench involved at anytime.

Kerr has that team dialed in. There isn't one guy on GS that can't defend on that team. Even a guy like Maecado who barely played can make a difference defensively

Just bad game strategy on Cavs. Even the analysts said that Cavs went away from the plan that worked for them in game 3 and went back to what didn't favor them in games 1 and 2.

When you have great defense like the dubs, they don't need the slash brothers to overpower the game for the win. Even though Curry and Clay finally had decent production.
Also like I keep mentioning, Cavs missing so many free throws were huge in this game. Meaning they got the fouls they wanted but they couldn't capitalize on them.

Cleveland clearly outscored GS, but the dub's overall defense throughout the game and the combo of three pointers in the fourth were just enough to win the game. Not to mention that GS hitting their freethrows helped. :lecture

I'm not a die hard Cavs fan, in fact never thought the franchise was ever good until LeBron came to the league. Same with Miami, until Shaq, Wade and Lebron.

I just wanted a good competitive Finals series this year

My teams were always the Western conference like the Lakers, Malone's Jazz, SA etc. too much talent in history. However I did root for Boston and Chicago during the Mchale , Byrd and of course Jordan and Pippen era. Even Boston was a force with Pierce, Garnett and Allen with Doc for Boston for a stretch.

Even OKC and now GS has better talent than the East

I was hoping that Lebron returning to Cleveland would make a difference, but it didn't when it counts, which is the Finals. He still needs help and taking the role of managing the team was foolish on his and the owner's part when he still didn't have the help he needed.

Irving is great, but he can't defend. Irving still needs more experience.

Lebron has a team now, just needs some weapons, particularly on defense. That's why Cleveland needs to trade Love and J.R. Smith to free up some money and get some new talent defensively in there.

GREAT post. This is the truth. GS has better players, better coaching, and a deeper bench. Nothing is gonna change for the Cavs if significant changes aren't made on the team.

1) Maybe extra rest is overrated, especially against a better coached, deeper team.

2) Have you played much in the way of sports? Even the best athletes can wear down, and it has nothing to do with heart. And if your comment is directed at Lebron, realize that he's been to the Finals 6 straight years: that's A LOT of extra wear on him and, if it isn't already, will begin to show soon.

I'm even going to say that this GS team defensively is better than the championship team of last year. Meaning although I didn't follow all the regular season of the dub's but now I understand how they made history with 73 game wins record.

In this case you're right, extra rest was overrated when you have a team that can go deep defensively like GS. Overall, GS has the entire team effort contributing and clearly it's too hard to overcome, even for Lebron who pretty much only has Irving to help.

I'd say OKC is the only team that had a shot because Westbrook and Durant were dialed in. All they needed were some help.

GREAT post. This is the truth. GS has better players, better coaching, and a deeper bench. Nothing is gonna change for the Cavs if significant changes aren't made on the team.

It will if they get rid of Love, for whatever reason, they can't work him into the system despite what Lebron thinks. Love just doesn't fit in with Cleveland.

And JR Smith needs to go as well. What people don't realize is how much Cavs have invested too much to keep Smith there when he only has become a liability where it counts the most, in the Finals and playoffs. He's inconsistent.

Those two alone will free up a ton of money for Cleveland

I will add on the coaching , maybe Kerr losing Walton to the Lakers next season might effect the chemistry in GS coaching wise, We will have to see. :dunno

It will if they get rid of Love, for whatever reason, they can't work him into the system despite what Lebron thinks. Love just doesn't fit in with Cleveland.

And JR Smith needs to go as well. What people don't realize is how much Cavs have invested too much to keep Smith there when he only has become a liability where it counts the most, in the Finals and playoffs. He's inconsistent.

Those two alone will free up a ton of money for Cleveland

Getting rid of players and stockpiling money is one thing. Getting REAL difference makers to come play in Cleveland is another. Regardless of whether or not the Cavs can get a significant player to get them over the hump, they have to try and make changes. Unless they win 3 straight games in these Finals, it's clear they can't get it done with the players they currently have on the roster. They easily have enough to get by the teams in the East as is, but the West is a whole other animal.

I will add on the coaching , maybe Kerr losing Walton to the Lakers next season might effect the chemistry in GS coaching wise, We will have to see. :dunno

GS is going to be a repeat champion (barring a miraculous finish by the Cavs). The players are battle tested champs run by a coach who lead them to 2 titles. I personally think losing Walton won't have a noticeable impact on the team. If they were more of an up and coming team that was still trying to find their way, then I'd be inclined to believe that Walton's loss could have some bearing on their future success. But, as you said, we shall have to wait and see.

If it's so overrated why do the players talk about it so much? A smokescreen? Yeah doubt it. I am not saying that GS isn't better or deeper but if your looking tired in the third obegining of the forth something is wrong.

Just a tad, I played soccer and was a midfielder so yeah I ran all day. I did distance running racing. I wrestled. I played hockey and even use to played iron man tournaments where you played with only 6 players for the whole tournament where you had to suck it up there was no rest. I do long distance cycling events and use to race mountain bikes. So I have a good idea of when it become heart. If your conditioning is top you always kind find a little more when you want to. Let's not forget this is the team that last year had less of a bench and some players went to hard they ended up in the hospital. That's what heart can do for you during the game if your willing to push it.

Stopping for a bite to eat on our trip......didn't watch the game but read the outcome. Time to discuss options for the offseason as the finals are over. I'm not reading anything I disagree with that changes will happen for the Cavs. If not, they deserve to continue going and losing the games that count.

11376020_1603433396602474_437481592_n.jpg

201506_0419_ebgab_sm.jpg

Back