General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. NBA salaries are guaranteed, but not in cases of league suspension, correct? I was going to say he should have at least waited until he got a deal done, but I guess it wouldn't matter if a contract can be voided in the case of a suspension.

For *****s and giggles...

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16644312/nba-quiz-where-going-nba-free-agency

I'm signing with Orlando!
Yeah when he comes back their will be a new CBA so this craziness will only last through next year. I have a feeling players will push that a % of the salary cap increase goes to existing contracts as an automatic increase leaving a lot less money for these crazy contracts.

But in reality he is done. No one wants a payer who has been out of the league for two years.

Well, one free agent who's not going to cash in is OJ Mayo. He was "dismissed and disqualified" from the NBA for violating the league's Anti-Drug program.

what a idiot. The guy was pretty good a few years ago and had good potential in his Memphis days.

Yep. NBA salaries are guaranteed, but not in cases of league suspension, correct? I was going to say he should have at least waited until he got a deal done, but I guess it wouldn't matter if a contract can be voided in the case of a suspension.

For *****s and giggles...

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16644312/nba-quiz-where-going-nba-free-agency

I'm signing with Orlando!

Charlotte loses Jeremy Lin to Brooklyn and Al Jefferson (another NBA dinosaur, but a post scorer GS could have used) to Indiana, but re-sign Nic Batum.

Whiteside stays with the Heat. Chandler Parsons offered a max deal by the Trailblazers.

Jefferson and Teague are solid pick ups for Indiana so far. I'm not sure if they reach where they were at 3 or 4 seasons ago.

Parsons to the Memphis for the max and it sounds like Conley courted him there, so I assume he plans to stay? Conley could've been a big pick up for someone.

None of these deals are even that bad. Considering the cap rise this year and the bigger jump next year....

Apparently the biggest move will be Chandler Parsons. All the top guys are just re-signing.

It looks like the Cavs might let Delly go to Bucks at almost $10mill a year. Hope they have a better back up idea than Moe Williams. Decent point guards besides Conley are pretty thin. I'd like to see them get Seth Curry if Sac isn't going to keep him.

they need to let James Jones go too to free up a roster spot. The guy has enough titles, and won't be of any impact for this team anymore. Maybe even trade Shumpert.

LeBron actually confirmed Delly's departure... Cavs could have matched, but James said good luck in Milwaukee.

Cavs just need to keep LeBron, Kyrie, Kevin, JR, Tristan, Frye, Mo, and RJ.

Iman Shumpert is not good, trade him. Jones and Jones ride the bench. Delly and Moz are gone. Never seen Kaun or McRae.

Cavs need to get another big or two and some solid defensive players would be nice to go along with another shooter.

Wouldn't be opposed to either move depending what they got in return for Shumpert.

Cap room to get a guy like Afflalo would be nice.

Cavs just need to keep LeBron, Kyrie, Kevin, JR, Tristan, Frye, Mo, and RJ.

Iman Shumpert is not good, trade him. Jones and Jones ride the bench. Delly and Moz are gone. Never seen Kaun or McRae.

Cavs need to get another big or two and some solid defensive players would be nice to go along with another shooter.

Williams was only brought in there in case Irving got hurt. 2 bad defensive point guards isn't a good option. They need to replace Delly with someone that can defend.

Wade in contract talks with Knicks and Bucks :lol:lol:lol

If Wade wanted to be taken seriously... he would be having those talks with the Cavs.

Wade in contract talks with Knicks and Bucks :lol:lol:lol

If Wade wanted to be taken seriously... he would be having those talks with the Cavs.

Nevermind.... Wade is actually finalizing a three year deal to join the Knicks...

Edit: Damn you fake Twitter accounts.

Dwight Howard signing with Atlanta might help OKC retain Durant.

OKC was the first team Durant met with, and according to reports, he's giving them a second meeting after he meets with other teams. Signing Howard means that Atlanta is letting Horford walk, and even though OKC has the two headed center duo of Adams and Kanter, Horford is clearly an upgrade. Add to the fact that Billy Donovan was Horford's coach in college, if OKC can get a verbal commitment from Al Horford, that might be enough to convince KD to stay.

Well, one free agent who's not going to cash in is OJ Mayo. He was "dismissed and disqualified" from the NBA for violating the league's Anti-Drug program.
I was so pissed when Minnesota traded him on draft night for Kevin Love. Guess that's why I'm not an NBA GM. 😃

I don't think OKC can afford Horford and Wade in any other uniform doesn't make much sense cause I don't think he cares about winning another title, just getting payed.

OKC will have to release/trade a few other players (Dion Waiters comes to mind), but trading Serge Ibaka gave them some cap flexibility. Oladipo is still on his rookie contract.

Back