General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The salary cap is increasing by ~ 22 m so it would be difficult and would require some creative financing.

But not impossible.

That would be perfect for San Antonio. An outside presence and a top notch scorer us what they need. Would take pressure off kawhi to score a lot. And they need 3pt shooting.

Notwithstanding the fact that Kawhi Leonard plays the same position, I think he would be a good fit with San Antonio as well. He and LaMarcus Aldridge would give SA a deadly inside out game.

SA could eschew the traditional two guard, two forward and center lineup and play PG, three forwards (KD, LA, and Kawhi), and a center (Tim Duncan if he decides to play for one more season...KD's decision might have something to do with that).

Just saw an ESPN sequence where a former GM said SA would have to trade Danny Green and Boris Diaw to make cap space for KD.

No matter where KD goes.... that team is going to the Conference Finals guaranteed. Nonetheless... I'm not sure it is the smartest thing to go after Durant for some of these teams....

Warriors - They would need to get rid of everyone but Curry, Klay, Green, Iggy and maybe Livingston. Where is the bench? Who would be coming off the bench? Who is the center, the rookie they drafted?

A lineup of Curry, Klay, Durant, Green, Jones (Rookie) and a bench that consists of Iggy/Livingston with the rest taking minimums.

Spurs - They are a bit better off than the Warriors. Keep Parker, Kawhi, Aldridge, Duncan, Mills, Anderson, Manu. Sign rest of team to minimums.

A lineup of Parker, Kawhi, Durant, Aldridge, Duncan is deadly. Add in Mills, Manu, Anderson plus two more bigs... Spurs are the favorites in the West.

Clippers - They would need to get rid of everyone but there big three and Reddick. Sign everyone else to minimums.

A lineup of Paul, Reddick, Durant, Griffin, Jordan seems deadly too. Where is the bench though?

Celtics - They can keep everyone and have plenty of room to go after another near max player if they get rid of Amir Johnson's 12 million.

A lineup of Thomas, Bradley, Durant, Horford?, Olynyk with a bench of Smart, Crowder, Brown, Sullinger, Zeller would make the Celtics the second best team in the East.

Heat - No idea how it would work. Obviously a lineup of Dragic, Wade, Durant, Bosh, Whiteside is the best in the East. I don't see how it is possible for the Heat to sign four max guys, let alone five.

Thunder - They can keep everyone.

A lineup of Westbrook, Oladipo, Durant, Kanter, Adams and a bench of Waiter, Roberson, Illyasova, others would make the Thunder arguably the best team in the West.

Best option for Durant in my opinion would be to stay with the Thunder for one more year and test the market again in 2017.

If I were Durant, my next choices would then be Spurs, Warriors, Clippers, Celtics, Heat.

i doubt he goes anywhere. Warriors to many playmakers to take away his shine. Pop system would be too rigid and controlled Clippers, Heat and Celtics beyond the beautiful beaches of Miami why......he stays in OKC least for a year.

Personally I hate it when stars leave their incumbent teams so I really do hope KD stays in OKC. I know what it's like to lose stars (losing McGwire to STL in the mid 90's still bugs the hell out of me) and almost lose their stars (i.e. Duncan's almost departure to ORL in the early 00's) and it's no fun. I honestly don't think SA will nab him but I didn't think Spurs would land LMA either so who knows...

Mozgov to LA for 16 mill a year. Wtf, how come the rich just get richer, yet the rest of us peasants struggle to get a yearly raise of even $1 lol. A guy like Batum might get max money. Beal $120 million. Damn.

While Mozgov is considered a dinosaur in today's NBA, I like his game. And with the salary cap increasing the way it is, mid tier players are going to get theirs.

This is less of a comment on Mozgov's abilities and more of an indictment on the state of the Los Angeles Lakers nowadays. They couldn't even get KD to commit to a face to face meeting. Their best shot at getting an upper level free agent was DerMarr DeRozan, who is from the LA area. DeRozan is re-signing with the Raptors.

Mozgov is a good player if he has recovered fully from that knee surgery. There's still a lot of really good players out there, should be a interesting free agency. I can't see everyone making crazy money. I'm always more interested in seeing which veterans try to go to Cle, GS, SA or OKC to try and win a title.

Well, one free agent who's not going to cash in is OJ Mayo. He was "dismissed and disqualified" from the NBA for violating the league's Anti-Drug program.

Well, one free agent who's not going to cash in is OJ Mayo. He was "dismissed and disqualified" from the NBA for violating the league's Anti-Drug program.
Even worse it's two years before he can apply for resinstatement so he misses this years and next years major cash grab by FAs

Even worse it's two years before he can apply for resinstatement so he misses this years and next years major cash grab by FAs

Yep. NBA salaries are guaranteed, but not in cases of league suspension, correct? I was going to say he should have at least waited until he got a deal done, but I guess it wouldn't matter if a contract can be voided in the case of a suspension.

For *****s and giggles...

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16644312/nba-quiz-where-going-nba-free-agency

I'm signing with Orlando!

Linsanity is back in NY :lol Signed with the Nets.

Charlotte loses Jeremy Lin to Brooklyn and Al Jefferson (another NBA dinosaur, but a post scorer GS could have used) to Indiana, but re-sign Nic Batum.

Whiteside stays with the Heat. Chandler Parsons offered a max deal by the Trailblazers.

Back