General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here we had just gotten rid of one Jedi troll and then the mods go and un-ban you...:lol

Well as a gentleman i'd like to say congrats to YOU and your new Cavs for winning one finally! Don't worry, everyone knew you'd be cheering for them eventually. :yess:

Rose (along with 2 of his friends) are going to stand trial for raping a woman. Judge will not dismiss the civil suit. 'Jane Doe' is suing for $21.5 million. So glad to see him gone.

^ At what point will teams be able to include specific conduct/morals clauses into their contracts? Seems to me that if he's convicted, the Knicks shouldn't have to pay him.

If that were the case, there would be no one left in the nba

Haha, it's not that bad. Honesty, the vast majority of these guys conduct themselves well and stay out of trouble. But it seems to me that if a player gets arrested, the team shouldn't be obligated to play him millions of dollars.

Draymond Green turning into the new T.O.? Guy is just.....not very bright. Let the apology tour of his continue

Draymond Green turning into the new T.O.? Guy is just.....not very bright. Let the apology tour of his continue

I'll refute this as a local guy. Draymond is very bright. You can tell this when he is interviewed. He might have some judgement issues, but it isn't an issue with his intelligence.

I think a better comparison might be Rasheed Wallace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never thought the problem with TO was intelligence, but rather a massive ego and a complete lack of understanding about the consequences of his actions.

I never thought the problem with TO was intelligence, but rather a massive ego and a complete lack of understanding about the consequences of his actions.

TO is a massive narcissist. I don't think Draymond is. I think that's were I differentiate them. Draymond definitely has a touch of crazy in him on the court similar to Sheed.

TO is a massive narcissist. I don't think Draymond is. I think that's were I differentiate them. Draymond definitely has a touch of crazy in him on the court similar to Sheed.

and off the court. One can be articulate and insightful about some things but lack maturity, executive function and abstract reasoning. He may be able o talk to media cordially but he's far from intelligent. Richard Sherman has book smart intelligence but has disinhibition problems with emotional regulation. He's made public noise about addressing those issue. Green hasn't.

Looks like Russell Westbrook is signing a max extension with OKC. I didn't want to post anything about it before, because it was an unsubstantiated rumor, but reports/hearsay before KD signed with GS indicated that KD assured Russell that he wasn't going anywhere and would stay with OKC.

No, you can't, but it's better than losing all four of the pieces that was thought to be title contender material (Harden, Ibaka, KD, and Westbrook, who's staying, of course).

Shawpaw, you're the resident OKC fan. Would you rather keep Westbrook and be a possible 4 to 8 seed, or would you prefer OKC to just enter total rebuilding mode?

Thunder doesn't need to be rebuilt as they have many great pieces in place. They just needed a few superstars to come in and get them over the ledge. I honestly think, had KD and co not choked Game 6 away, they would have really competed for the title and possibly won. This team is just months from almost winning it all. They lost Ibaka and gained Oladipo (basically a wash). They lost KD which is big. But they kept Russell.

As much as I hate him, Blake Griffin's name is flying around here in OKC over past several months. RW signing today means we probably sign BG as he has been saying he'd like to come home and play for OKC. There are options moving forward. Just remember, Sam Presti is responsible for drafting Kevin Snake Durant, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, trading for Steven Adams, etc. among other good players. We really have a good GM who will continue to draft excellent players. No need to rebuild at this time. Especially since SA rarely rebuilds.

I'm not saying the thunder will win a title without Kevin. But they don't need to rebuild to try. Keeping RW is huge for our small market.

Just to clarify, by "rebuilding" I meant would you rather have had Presti possibly trade Westbrook for assets and then rebuild, not tank now while Westbrook is still on the team.

But your answer speaks volumes, and I'm guessing you're happy that Russ is in the fold for the next three years.

In some respects, I think Russ signing an extension with OKC is almost an F U to Durant. He's from the LA area. He had every excuse to leave. But he didn't. Had he left, KD could have said "See?".

Back