General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't blame players for getting paid I shake my head at the ownership groups allowing these deals to go thru. Milsap isn't a $30 mil a yr player by any stretch. maybe this approach will lead to shorter contracts which'll bail out these dumb contracts allowing teams to restructure in 2-3 yr spirts..dunno

I don't blame players for getting paid I shake my head at the ownership groups allowing these deals to go thru. Milsap isn't a $30 mil a yr player by any stretch. maybe this approach will lead to shorter contracts which'll bail out these dumb contracts allowing teams to restructure in 2-3 yr spirts..dunno

If it doesn't go to the players, it will go to the owners, so it's the way it should be I guess. Owners have to spend that dough and there are only so many star players worth it. Don't you wish every big company was like that? CEO's in this country make way too much damn money, it's disgusting.

Billups turned down Cavs...I mentioned writing is on the wall...start the fire sale ��

I've never thought Gilbert was a good owner, and yea, now he is putting up the money, but I can see why none of his GM's ever end up coming back.

Kevin Durant signs a 2 year deal $10 Million less than Max to stay with The Warriors to help them be able to be more versatile in FA. Gotta love the dedication and the fact he is playing the long game to be eligible for the Super Max in 2 years.

Kevin Durant signs a 2 year deal $10 Million less than Max to stay with The Warriors to help them be able to be more versatile in FA. Gotta love the dedication and the fact he is playing the long game to be eligible for the Super Max in 2 years.

Yep, right when GS won't be able to afford him but he'll have 3 rings so no big deal to leave then.

Maybe. If he turns down the player option next year then in his 3rd he becomes eligible for Super Max with The Warriors.

Kevin Durant taking a $26M salary for 2017-18 (vs. full Non-Bird payout of $31.8M) will end up saving Warriors about $25M in salary + tax

Cleveland is essentially screwed because they've not only hit the hard cap but exceeded it, whereas Durant taking less allows for not only the core but allows them to chase FAs. Cleveland got Jose Calderon as their big signing and it's a stroke of luck that The East is getting weaker by the day where it won't really matter that they couldn't make a big signing and/or that Boston essentially punted their chances.

Take two years of cuts, then sign a big contract, not only is it great PR but it allows you to keep on a team that is competitive in all facets for the next three years.

Lebron needs to redo his contract to free up more money for Cleveland if he wants to win

he already did that for Miami; It seems he care about winning, but not enough to take another pay cut. Warriors are obviously aiming for that "dynasty" status.

Hayward goin to Bos. Not sure if it puts them in the Finals, but at least the conference finals should be a lot more competitive this year.

Kings overpaid Randolph and Hill, but I like the toughness they bring to a very young Kings team. I hope Vince comes and follows Randolph next.

there's nobody to blame but society itself for the amount of money athletes, movie stars and other pop culture like people make. Of course they don't deserve the money they get, but society considers these people more important than the general population in most cases. That will never change unless the zombie apocalypse comes :horror

Hayward to Bos...they have another wing player oh boy.....when was he considered an impact player except when he hit free agency or the league hyping what they for free agency this yr.

Tatum and Brown look good in summer league (but it's only summer league) so they may be shaping up for future push. They still don't have all pieces imo to be contenders yet.

That said, it's the east so anything is possible

Boston should have drafted fultz, let it walk or trade next year then take Hayward. Now they Have to free up cap space and release olynyk, maybe trade smart/Bradley/ crowder. All this movement for Hayward. Now boston has 3 3rd option in Horfor IT and Hayward. All of them are good players but not something you build around.

Bos still has no bigs. If you can't keep Lebron/Kyrie out of the paint, will be tough to beat Cle. If they lose Bradley or Smart and Olynyk, they haven't made up much ground , if any.

Breaking news.....swaggy P joins GS. Are they going to sign a center or what?

Don't be surprised if the Dubs go with rookie Jordan Bell...and blame the Bulls if he turns out to be a steal.

Golden State did not have a pick in the first or second round...and bought the 38th pick from the Chicago Bulls for $3.5 million, and they selected Jordan Bell from Oregon.

GS spent $3.5 million in cash for the pick, but Bell is only eligible for a second round pick contract, which of course, helped Golden State's salary cap wise.

Milwaukee did the same thing last year, selling their second round pick to the Warriors, who turned out to be Patrick McCaw, who gave them some valuable minutes in the NBA Finals.

Back