General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Griffin staying put in LAC for the max. Meh

Surprised with that decision, but that fifth year that only LAC could have offered talked...

Interestingly enough, Blake didn't get a "no trade" clause in the contract.

I could see OKC actually flipping PG for a better deal. Ind's GM should be fired for that deal. Horrible.

Was a good move by Sam Presti. Even if PG13 is a one year rental, they got some future cap relief. Oladipo makes $21 MILLION in each of the next four seasons...not bad for a player who's never made an All Star team.

I wonder if the Celtics are going to stay pat. They said they only wanted to make a deal if they were getting Gordon and PG13. Do they still want Gordon? I think the odds of Miami getting him goes way up after the PG13 deal. Celts are slightly less attractive without PG13. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know what Danny Ainge is thinking. He may be stashing his assets to try to get Anthony Davis down the line or he may TRULY be playing the long game and attempting to wait out both the Cavs and Golden State.

Also of note, the eastern conference got a bit weaker today.

Depending which list you look at, Lebron is the only player in the East ranked in the top 13-15 ish in the league. Super lame. Curious where Lowry and Milsap will go.

Surprised with that decision, but that fifth year that only LAC could have offered talked...

Interestingly enough, Blake didn't get a "no trade" clause in the contract.

Was a good move by Sam Presti. Even if PG13 is a one year rental, they got some future cap relief. Oladipo makes $21 MILLION in each of the next four seasons...not bad for a player who's never made an All Star team.

I don't know what Danny Ainge is thinking. He may be stashing his assets to try to get Anthony Davis down the line or he may TRULY be playing the long game and attempting to wait out both the Cavs and Golden State.

Idk, I see OKC being a big loser down the line. Sort of a instant gratification trade for them. I can't see Westbrook staying long term if he truly wants to ever get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs again, so unless they can start building draft picks using PG, what good is it to have lots of money when free agents won't come to your city?

Can't blame Bos for Indianas stupidity. Bos offered them the best deal. It seems they were only looking to move him out west.

Also of note, the eastern conference got a bit weaker today.

Agreed. Even tho few teams added significant pieces out west nothing yet to beat the Warriors. In an even weaker division still the Cavs on top. Next year still shaping up to suck. Least 76ers and Wolves may be fun to watch

Steph Curry agreed to the richest contract in NBA history (well, until the next SuperMax contract is negotiated): five years, $201 million.

Shaun Livingston will resign with the Dubs as well, at three years, $24 million.

Of course, KD will re-sign...but for how much?

However, this puts some question on Klay Thompson's future with the Warriors. He's under contract for another two seasons, until 2019/2020. The Warriors will have the Bird Rights to resign him, but depending on how much KD gets, as well as how much the salary cap rises, I read that some analysts are predicting that Golden State would be looking at almost $400 million in payroll and luxury taxes.

In other news, the Timberwolves signed Jeff Teague.

Friggen thrilled by this from the Warriors perspective. I would have been scared if PG13 went to a good team, but he's joining an irrelevant team in the west for a single year. Seems like a horrible deal for the Thunder long-term, but I guess they don't have many options.

Edit- And what makes you think he wants to be there? He never mentioned OKC as a team he was interested in. My guess is he hopes to get Westbrook to join him on the Lakers if anything.

Yeah you're right. I should not be excited at all. How dare anyone be so shallow as to think this would be long term.

I think most people believe PG will be only one year. But okc is not naive in thinking he will be here long term. We signed Oladipo to a bad contract and wanted to dump it. Also, Sabonis is really not that good. So it was a terrible trade for Indy but great for OKC. If PG wants to be in LA, we have a big chip to trade for picks or players. This may be a trial run of RW and PG in LA. But I think you're just being perfectionistic and entitled if you think people can't be excited for this next season.

Yeah you're right. I should not be excited at all. How dare anyone be so shallow as to think this would be long term.

I think most people believe PG will be only one year. But okc is not naive in thinking he will be here long term. We signed Oladipo to a bad contract and wanted to dump it. Also, Sabonis is really not that good. So it was a terrible trade for Indy but great for OKC. If PG wants to be in LA, we have a big chip to trade for picks or players. This may be a trial run of RW and PG in LA. But I think you're just being perfectionistic and entitled if you think people can't be excited for this next season.

Who said you can't be excited for next season? Go for it! I just don't think this move will be significant in a year. I don't think the Lakers are going to trade OKC anything for him either, unless there is a reason at the trade deadline. Why trade for him, when you can just sign him as an unrestricted free agent? If the Lakers were unwilling to give up assets this summer, they certainly won't next summer unless they are making a deal to dump contracts or something.

Trade him to a contender for assets. That's what thunder will probably do. If PG wants to go to lakers (he already blew his cover) then he will be traded again by all star break. Could trade him to clippers haha

Trade him to a contender for assets. That's what thunder will probably do. If PG wants to go to lakers (he already blew his cover) then he will be traded again by all star break. Could trade him to clippers haha

I was thinking they may use him as trade bait as well. Everyone knows he is leaving and they'd get more for him than two pieces traded to Indy. If they can pry some pieces from Bos not certain what Clippers would have...

Trading him makes the most sense knowing he is leaving...otherwise the trade freed up cap space. OKC has similar problem that a lot of NBA cities face....Not a lot of interest from talented, young, rich players to want to come or stay unless your winning. Likely won't have much success luring a top free agent so either trade or draft them so u can overpay them to stay....

JJ Reddick to Phi for 23 million 1 year. Lmao. Really Phi? really? There are so many other players that would prolly take that deal and are way better than him.

crazy that a bench guy is making 16mill a year, especially at that age. Hope it comes back to bite them lol.

crazy that a bench guy is making 16mill a year, especially at that age. Hope it comes back to bite them lol.

He's only a year older than LeBron, and people in this group think LeBron is going to dominant into his late 40s before his game deteriorates. [emoji12]

Speaking of LeBron and the Cavs, it looks like they are try to dump Shumpert. I think Shump could be very effective against GSW, so I'm glad to see this smart move by the Cavs. [emoji848]

$11 mil a season off the books...

I suspect Gilbert knows the risk of James bolting next season. He'll construct a team to win the east (not difficult) unless others "fall into" his lap it won't be competitive enough to beat the Warriors. I'd suspect finding ways to reduce his tax bill and his overall spending once Lebron is gone. He is likely looking to leave the "arms race." Once James leaves it'll be a fire sale to get young less expensive pieces...said it here first :)

Minn picking up another good player (former Bull) Gibson. Whos next, Rose? With the veteran additions, I have to say now I expect them to be a 4 or 5 seed in the West. No excuses. Should be the best defensive team in the league.

He's only a year older than LeBron, and people in this group think LeBron is going to dominant into his late 40s before his game deteriorates. [emoji12]

Speaking of LeBron and the Cavs, it looks like they are try to dump Shumpert. I think Shump could be very effective against GSW, so I'm glad to see this smart move by the Cavs. [emoji848]

It doesn't matter what the Cavs do, the East is disgustingly bad. They will lose again in the Finals in 4 or 5 games, and Lebron will go to SA next year. I'm pretty sure nobody said Lebron will be playing into his 40s, but he's still the best player at 32. No way GS will be able to keep this team together after 2 years.

$11 mil a season off the books...

I suspect Gilbert knows the risk of James bolting next season. He'll construct a team to win the east (not difficult) unless others "fall into" his lap it won't be competitive enough to beat the Warriors. I'd suspect finding ways to reduce his tax bill and his overall spending once Lebron is gone. He is likely looking to leave the "arms race." Once James leaves it'll be a fire sale to get young less expensive pieces...said it here first :)

The fact that they couldn't pull off PG or Butler and they let Griffin go tells me he will leave. Once Griffin left, the best deal they could come up with was signing Calderon? lol. They should just trade Love now for some young talent or draft picks. They don't need him to make the finals in the east. They will lose against GS either way.

Back