Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different scale. I don't feel like it threatens the value of the one I own.

If it were a straight re-pop I'd probably be pissed. It's generally understood with statue makers they destroy the molds after a statue run.

But how many people really think of DC Direct as a high end collectible vendor?

Anyway, they re-scaled it and changed some stuff so I'm not going to get worked up. It just won't be the same as looking at the 1:4 scale on my desk.

Anyone have the measurement ofWidows base? I'm considering if it will fit in a Billy shelf from IKEA and allow the doors to close. The shelves have about 10" and 1/4" room depth wise.

Anyone have the measurement ofWidows base? I'm considering if it will fit in a Billy shelf from IKEA and allow the doors to close. The shelves have about 10" and 1/4" room depth wise.

This 1/4 scale Black Widow, the acrylic base is 12" in diameter. So if you put the base all the way in, it will still be sticking out by 1-3/4". Not gonna work.

Because it wouldn't fit in your cabinet?

That makes sense, & doesn't at the same time .....

Wait...they're remaking these in 1/8th scale???

Why???

1:4 or bust, IMO. 1:4 BW looks great. Better than Capt., IMO.

They won't be printing our version.. just the prototype.
Didn't seem like that in the video. Dude said you could order add on parts, get it printed, produced, & sent to you. So I assumed if they are printing add on parts individually per order, that Thanos was the same? Sounded like a "made to order" type of deal. That's their aim I think anyway.

Ahh, okay :) Watched the video with sound off heh heh. I know printing a statue is expensive right now, not to mention the amount of finishing. Statues don't just print off as a finished product.

Thanos sounded like he almost did print off as a finished product. Barely any clean up.

Also, I think I might have messed up with the "add on parts" thing I mentioned. Watching it again, dude said that you might be able to choose what pose Thanos (from available poses) would be in, & have it printed, produced, & sent. Woh.

Last edited:
Wait...they're remaking these in 1/8th scale???
Why???
1:4 or bust, IMO. 1:4 BW looks great. Better than Capt., IMO.

Maybe because some people might be interested in those mini-statues if they look good enough :eek: (which seems to be the case with the prototypes)

For instance, I might have taken the HT AoU Black Widow if the hair looked better. I'm not sure I want to go 1:4 for the Iron Man franchise (too expensive, lack of space), so the 1:8 might convince me.

And based on the video, they try to hit this type of market.

Back