Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm liking this. I can't display the 1/4 version due to space. Hoping it looks like the proto tho when it comes out

I actually think this will drive up the secondary market for the 1:4.

hmm.. think so?? I dunno.. I would think it would bring it down a bit. People that would possibly want the 1/4 might settle for this new one, especially given the better base. If it were 1/6 i would definitely say so (as I would be fine with just a 1/6 version).. 1/8.. either is possible heh.

I doubt this will have the same quality of detail and paint apps.

It will take 5 minutes after this is released for someone to put it next to the older version and take pictures. They will realize "dat ass" just isn't the same when it's tiny.

That's my prediction.

I still MIGHT get this, if not just for my desk at work. At that size she could sit on my PC Base and distract me all day! :lecture

Definitely an opportunity missed though, given how popular the 1/4 is, you'd think they'd be all over this in 1/4 again, it would sell out so bloody fast. :rotfl
- Idiots. :slap

1/6 might have been tempting although I generally go figures at that scale. One thing this shows is just how cool digital sculpting is becoming. Years ago this would have been a resculpt and a ton would have been lost in the translation, not just detail, but likeness, body proportions, etc. now they not only shrink it down, but add in even more stuff.

That's true. 1/6 would have worked well with the Hot Toys stuff too, Stealth Cap or indeed 1/6 WS.

Digital sculpting for actors / actresses in 1/4 especially should be utilised more, especially by the likes of Sideshow, not completely - I still think hand sculpted has it's place, but it could solve a lot of draw out debates on places like this about the likeness, given they would be of a scan of the actual source actor/actress.

As I say, I'll still consider this at the size listed, but do agree 1/6 would have been better - 1/4: Perfect.

I doubt this will have the same quality of detail and paint apps.
Maybe some detail, like the texture on the suit, might not be as sharp, along with other finer details (or it could be, I don't know), but I think the paint apps have a chance to look really nice. If they manage to get the hair colour right, that would be a plus. I know the pics we saw of the 1/8 statues weren't the best quality, but I don't think anybody in here mentioned it looking any worse than the 1/4, & even thought it was a 1/4 variant.

I want one, but I don't want a cheesy display with the 1/4 & 1/8 next to it. Maybe next the computer or something might be cool. If only it was 1/6 & resin or PVC, so I could take the portrait & put it on a Hot Toys figure :lol

There's an Eva Green 1/8?

I wouldn't mind those Honey Trap statues at 1/8. They are too unknown, & pricey for me to open my wallet (other than Whisper, which I'm still undecided on). But some cheapo Honey Trap 1/8 statues might get me buying.

MWCToys pic.

sdcc2015_gentlegiant_57.jpg

Back