Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only want to get the Princess, she was my first 3 3/4, still holds a lot of sentiment for me.

Leia12inch.jpg

LeiaDetail9.jpg

Vader12inch.jpg

VaderDetail8.jpg

More images here: https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/The_Next_2_Gentle_Giant_12_Figures_Revealed_134572.asp

They all pretty much look bad in this size but cool none the less!

Agreed. My desire to buy the Vader comes mostly from nostalgia. I really look forward to putting him next to my Sideshow Vader to demonstrate how far Star Wars collectibles have come in the last three decades.

I think in this day and age all of us are buying these figures based on nostalgia. :dunno

Last edited:
Darth Chaos is absolutely right. I'm a sucker for the 'Vintage' appearance of most anything. And because I love SW -I'm sold.

It's the packaging for me. The basic design is amazing and nothing made by Hasbro or another company has come close! One day when I'm out of college I'll be able to get their original Kenner counterparts!:panic:

I'm really tempted by Vader... I think he'd be a great stand-alone piece. Price sucks, but it seems like the previous figures have only increased in value.

I was going to get Vader to have a trio of villains (to go with my CV ESB Stormtrooper and CV ESB Boba Fett) display but this Vader is hideous blown up. Oh, and $80 dollars? Gentle Giant can suck my ____. That's way too much for this POS.

Hahaha, I looked at the pics again it's actually kind of funny looking too, not just ugly. Pass.

Have fun completists, I don't envy you.

Pic courtesy of JediKnight on the Rebelscum forum.
gentle_giant_vintage.jpg

I can't wait for the Cantina aliens to come out, and there appears to be additional vintage figures on the table -- Yoda, Bossk, At-At Driver, and Gamorrean Guard. Perhaps they're getting the upsize treatment as well?

Pic courtesy of JediKnight on the Rebelscum forum.
gentle_giant_vintage.jpg

I can't wait for the Cantina aliens to come out, and there appears to be additional vintage figures on the table -- Yoda, Bossk, At-At Driver, and Gamorrean Guard. Perhaps they're getting the upsize treatment as well?

Damn they're going to go into more Empire Strikes Figures?! Very cool they must be doing pretty well for Gentle Giant considering the cost of sculpting, packaging and shipping!

Back