Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! I'm thinking about getting the 24" Diamond Stay Puft to go with my GBs and Slimer. Wouldn't be totally in-scale of course, but still.

My plan was always to make a Forced perspective diorama using that stay puft!

That would be really nifty. You could probably also use one of the smaller (1/18th?) Ecto-1 vehicles there, as it would be more in-scale with the Stay Puft.

Looking good! I'm thinking about getting the 24" Diamond Stay Puft to go with my GBs and Slimer. Wouldn't be totally in-scale of course, but still.

Man thanks for reminding me. I actually have SP stored at my parents in Miami. Decisions decisions....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I figured this would be a good thread to ask. How are the Mattel GB's out of the box? Specifically the Ray and Egon 2 pack.

Last edited:
Yeah, in general those figures blow out of the box. But it depends what you're looking for I guess. The proton packs and traps are awesome. Bodies are huge and clunky. Heads look pretty bad apart from Winston--exaggerated with horrible paint apps. Jumpsuits are garbage. Other accessories are cheap. Boots are horrible.

1005792_216983778459199_1334435598_n.jpg

Love this shot.

Thought i'd share my custom Venkman. Using Snyderman's truly excellent headsculpt painted by him, true type body, Mattel clothes (dyed slightly, almost unnoticeably darker) and accessories (belt painted gray with black around the holes, with custom elbow pads made by me), and HT stand with a ghostbusters decal I made.

9480312143_5dcee0234a_b.jpg

9483134798_08968e6f95_b.jpg

9483098612_26be839461_b.jpg

Incidentally, I saw Bill Murray filming a movie a couple weeks ago and got to shake his hand! :yess:

Slimer is awesome, just found out how much he was and threw up. Way too rich for my blood. I'm envious.

Thought i'd share my custom Venkman. Using Snyderman's truly excellent headsculpt painted by him, true type body, Mattel clothes (dyed slightly, almost unnoticeably darker) and accessories (belt painted gray with black around the holes, with custom elbow pads made by me), and HT stand with a ghostbusters decal I made.

9480312143_5dcee0234a_b.jpg

9483134798_08968e6f95_b.jpg

9483098612_26be839461_b.jpg

Incidentally, I saw Bill Murray filming a movie a couple weeks ago and got to shake his hand! :yess:

:clap:clap

Thats probably the best looking Venkman sculpt/paint up combo I have seen. Congrats man.

Back