Ghostbusters: The Video Game June 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clearly the fanboyism reading is off the charts in this thread. sorry for bringing in a non-biased outlook on this game. :lol

Living under a rock? Hardly... I buy games that are 9 or above. I RENT games that are 8.9 and below. And IMO this one looks like a rental at best.

From the bit I played, I'd agree that it was fun but also repetitive as you said, nash. The original cast and story is the best part. I'd say rental also, but maybe the multiplayer is good?

From the bit I played, I'd agree that it was fun but also repetitive as you said, nash. The original cast and story is the best part. I'd say rental also, but maybe the multiplayer is good?

I watched the video review, and even from that short 5 minutes, i could tell it was repetitive.

clearly the fanboyism reading is off the charts in this thread. sorry for bringing in a non-biased outlook on this game. :lol

Living under a rock? Hardly... I buy games that are 9 or above. I RENT games that are 8.9 and below. And IMO this one looks like a rental at best.

I'm not buying this game (playing it with a friend's copy), so I'd say my opinion is fanboyism-free. You're missing out on a very large number of fantastic games if you're just sticking to 9s and above. And your filter is a bit vague, do you take the aggregate score or a score from a particular source before making your decision?

PS3 trophies

We Came, We Saw… Bronze Trophy
Complete the game on 'Casual' or 'Experienced' difficulty.

Slam Dunk! Bronze Trophy
Slam dunk a ghost into a trap.

Slime Dunk! Bronze Trophy
Trap a ghost using the Slime Tether.

Stasis Dunk! Bronze Trophy
Trap a ghost using the Stasis Stream.

I Ain't 'Fraid of No Ghost! Bronze Trophy
Trap a ghost.

Aim for the Flat Top! Bronze Trophy
Eliminate a creature.

Heat 'Em Up Bronze Trophy
Purchase all upgrades for the Proton Gun.

Mother Pus Bucket! Bronze Trophy
Purchase all upgrades for the Slime Gun.

We be fast! They be slow! Bronze Trophy
Purchase all upgrades for the Dark Matter Generator.

I Don't Want My Face Burned Off Bronze Trophy
Purchase all upgrades for the Meson Collider.

The Destructor Bronze Trophy
Complete the game with more than $3,000,000 in property damage.

Nice Shootin', Tex! Bronze Trophy
Complete the game with less than $100,000 in property damage.

...And You Want to Keep It? Bronze Trophy
Collect a Cursed Artifact.

I'm Picking Up A Signal… Bronze Trophy
Obtain a 100% PKE scan on a paranormal creature.

I'm a Ghostbuster, Not a Doctor! Bronze Trophy
Revive your teammates 20 times.

I Feel So Funky Bronze Trophy
Get slimed by a charging ghost.

Total Protonic Reversal Bronze Trophy
Knock yourself down with your own weapon.

You Gotta Try This Pole! Bronze Trophy
Slide down the fire pole.

It's Slime Time Bronze Trophy
Use the Slime Tether on 15 ghosts.

I Looked at the Trap, Ray! Bronze Trophy
Recover 20 of your own full ghost traps.

Kosher! Bronze Trophy
Remedy a dubious food choice to make the bar mitzvah as orthodox as it can be.

I Love You When You Rough-House! Bronze Trophy
The tidy architectural office could use some Proton-based humbling.

But the Kids Love Us! Bronze Trophy
The children's reading room has a story to tell, but it will take more than your eyes to see it.

You Never Studied Bronze Trophy
Keep your ears open to learn everything you can about the Civil War.

I've Quit Better Jobs Than This. Bronze Trophy
Some ghosts had a real blowout in the Coat Room. Clean it up?

Hedgebuster Bronze Trophy
The hedge maze is a real eyesore; do some Protonic pruning.

One down, on the Ground! Bronze Trophy
Airborne coffins are an affront to gravity; use your Proton Pack to avenge Mother Nature!

Ghostbusters Drinking Game Bronze Trophy
Quench your thirst wherever possible to avoid being scared spitless.

Loans Paid Off Bronze Trophy
More than $100,000 earned in multiplayer.

On the Payroll Bronze Trophy
Successfully complete one multiplayer campaign.

Egon's Guinea Pig Bronze Trophy
Use one of every Pickup (both Power-ups and Equipment).

Payday! Bronze Trophy
Be the overall top earner in each multiplayer campaign setting.

It's a Living Bronze Trophy
Trap over 50 ghosts in your multiplayer Ghostbusting career.

Wanted! Bronze Trophy
Defeat three Most Wanted Ghosts.

Employee of the Month Bronze Trophy
Be top earner in each multiplayer job type.

No Job Too Big Bronze Trophy
Defeated all Most Wanted Ghosts

Gozer's Most Wanted Bronze Trophy
Successfully complete each Multiplayer job in every location.

Overachiever Bronze Trophy
Get over $2,500,000 in multiplayer, over 30 Post-Job Awards, 50 Jobs completed.

Are You A God? Gold Trophy
Complete the game on 'Professional' difficulty.

We Have the Tools! Gold Trophy
Purchase all available equipment upgrades.

Spores, Molds, and Fungus Gold Trophy
Collect all Cursed Artifacts.

Back Off Man. I'm A Scientist Gold Trophy
Obtain 100% PKE scans for every paranormal creature.

Platinum Trophy Platinum Trophy
Awarded for outstanding performance in Ghostbusters!

Secret Trophies

? ? ? No Points

? ? ? No Points

? ? ? No Points

We Have the Talent! Bronze Trophy
Complete the Firehouse training level.

The Flowers Are Still Standing! Bronze Trophy
Complete the 'Welcome to the Hotel Sedgewick' level.

Once S'more into the Breach Bronze Trophy
Complete the 'Panic in Times Square' level.

Get Her! Bronze Trophy
Complete the 'Checking Out the Library' level.

Ghost Fever Grips New Yor Bronze Trophy
Complete the 'Museum of (Super)Natural History' level.

I watched the video review, and even from that short 5 minutes, i could tell it was repetitive.

Granted this is one article but:

IGN said:
In early previews, I openly worried that the game could become pretty mundane and repetitive if it was just trapping ghost after ghost, but thankfully, the final product dodges that bullet by dropping in these weapons and keeping the spirit types fresh. Sure, you're chasing the librarian and Stay Puft, but new poltergeists such as hobo ghosts and spirits that possess your friends keep things fresh and entertaining. Who doesn't like walking in on a Union/Confederate ghost war or battling a hulking demon made of red-hot embers?

Well, usually movie based games have unnatural time constraints where they have less than a year to make them, with the movie not even finished and so it can be hard to make a good game, plus a movie is really short so you have to lengthen the time. They had plenty of time for this so it doesn't have any excuse to be sucky. Same reason the Wolverine game wasn't sucky--they were working on a wolverine game years before the movie and changed it into a movie game.

Wolverine is a good but flawed game and a lot of hard time and effort went into it on Raven's end. It certainly wasn't a cheap cash-in like most movie games. Ironically, the game is arguably better than the movie it's based on. :lol

Well, usually movie based games have unnatural time constraints where they have less than a year to make them, with the movie not even finished and so it can be hard to make a good game, plus a movie is really short so you have to lengthen the time. They had plenty of time for this so it doesn't have any excuse to be sucky. Same reason the Wolverine game wasn't sucky--they were working on a wolverine game years before the movie and changed it into a movie game.

It's not always a time shortage that ruins movie games. Sometimes developers don't put much effort (a.k.a quality) into a game because they think it will sell well based on the franchise. See: Force Unleashed.

I will be proud to own this one on PS3 and Wii. How many games get the original writers from the original movie let alone the complete cast mius Sigouney and Moranis? I believe there was an article confirming that there WILL be game references made in the upcoming third film...how many "movie" games can say they have that under their belt? There was a lot of heart put into this game before its unfortunate cancelation last year and now it has been ressurrected under Atari and polished quite a bit.

My only complaint is that it should have had Winston. Ernie Hudson is too nice a guy to shaft!

Totally agree. If you cannot have them all in a game, then do not make the game, period.

I have played the Genesis version and it was quite fun.

Watch on Youtube the angry video game nerd on Ghostbusters for NES, priceless!

Back