God Of War: Ascension

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed it while I played it, but after I beat it I traded it in within an hour. Was a fun diversion, but compared to the rest of the series it was pretty forgettable upon reflection.

How's the God Of War Origins? "Ghost of Sparta & Chains of Olympus"

I Got it from the God Of War Saga and i havnt Redeemed the Code yet, all i know is that they're in HD

is it Worth it?

Just beat the game just now and I loved it. I had heard reviews say it's the weakest in the series, but I think it's just as good at the others. Although the gameplay at times is a slightly bit choppier than its predecessors, I thought it was a beautiful looking game and maybe the best game graphically speaking on the PS3 (barely beats Uncharted 3 in my view). The game felt shorter (maybe due to the online mode) but I loved every bit of it.

As someone else said, it felt like the original game at times with the kind of puzzles it had and some of the cities looked like the backgrounds in the first game, and that's definitely not a complaint.

The Trial in chapter 28 was hard too and I never parried anything I just rolled out of the way so it took me a few tries, but a fun challenge that is up there with the hallway from hell in God of War 2.

I do feel that, without Kratos' being completely enraged and yelling at the gods that the story felt a tad bit empty compared to the other GoW games. But it was refreshing to see some more of the strategic and level-headed Kratos. I wasn't a huge fan of the male Fury's character or his design, but I guess he was a nice change-of-pace from the typical "I'm your friend until your purpose is served" characters Kratos' normally runs into.

I loved the ability to take weapons and use your fists. The mini-game elements where the enemies fight back and you have to dodge is excellent. I love attacking Medusas or the dragons and having to dodge or counter their attacks when I'm trying to take them out. It looks so fluid. The boss battles in this game, especially the QTEs, are among the best in the series. Watching Kratos pawn the Furies with the epic environments in the background was some of the most beautiful moments in the series.

Maybe it didn't quite have the large-scale epic story that the others had going for it, and the ending didn't scream badassness like God of War 2 or Ghost of Sparta, but everything right up to that point was not only a blast to play but it looking stunning. Nice addition to the series.

here you guys go. a behind the scenes vid of the destruction i did for the game. ill upload the extended version soon.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7cCpNwWA_o[/ame]

I dislike the fact that you cannot watch the cutscene videos like the other games. And no Challenge arena? Actually, kind of disappointed in all the extra features or bonus videos. Shame....

I'm already on my third play through.
Played on easy the second time just for fun and trophies I missed on normal and now all that is left is the trophies for hard and 100 enemies hitting with the uroboros stone.
Love this game and I'm actually pretty what comes out of this hidden message in the cistern and what/if we get to hear about GOW 4.

Just over half way through at the moment.

This games seems to have just a tad more puzzles...

Still remains the aggressive hacking and slashing, which is what we want LOL!

Pics of my statue which came with my game (Bought the Collectors Edition)

32369229.jpg

40678243.jpg

39158641.jpg

Just finished it a few hours ago... I really enjoyed this game.

Even though I love the series, I hope Santa Monica works on a new IP for the PS4.

I finished the game over the weekend and felt that it was quite enjoyable. I really like the new QTE with the left joystick when fighting certain big monsters and the new abilities.

I still felt that the game suffered a bit to me from two problems. I felt that the graphics were not up to par from God of War 3 and the random texture pop ups from time to time hurt it a bit for me. The game started with a very strong momentum in the beginning with especially the epic Hecatonchire hand and face fight, but started to die out the rest of the game. I just can't really recall any epic fight right after the Hecatonchire hand and face fight afterwards. The last boss fight was lackluster to me and didn't wow me like the Hecatonchires.

Just finished it last weekend!

Great game, but the more involvement with the puzzles let it down a bit.

Game play is still fun!

Dammit,keep getting my *** kicked on the trials platform part. WTF? Never had this hard of a time passing any GOW games. The hell am I doing wrong? Other than that this game has been as great as the others.

I just started playing GOW ascension today, and i just want to know if anyone else thinks this game is ridiculously hard?

I've played all of the GOW games go I'm pretty used to them and normally play them on Hard, but I cannot encounter enemys without dying a few times and thats just the start of the game!

I'm playing it on normal now but its too easy and I got up to the hecatonchires and havent even come close to dying.

No you're not the only person that notices the difficulty in many part of the game. My biggest problem in this game is the inconsistent spike in the difficulty. Even playing on hard isn't that bad until certain points where you can't help but die. I'm almost dreading the Trial of Archimedes on Hard.

Back