God Of War: Ascension

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beat it in one shot last night. On normal, though. Didn't see what the big fuss was about.

As for the rest of the game, after finishing it I'd put it right behind 2 as my favorites in the series. Aside from some dumb plat forming deaths, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Yeah, the hardest part is conditioning yourself to remember you don't have the damn Golden Fleece, the parry system is the obstacle. Once you get the timing down it's not bad. I also player it like I did Lords of Shadow, which is kind of chipping away with small hits followed by an immediate roll dodge even if I'm not being attacked. I abused the lightning and soul elements the most and their magic attacks are very helpful.

the Trial of Archimedes is the hardest part of the game, but i beat it after many attempts, if it only had saves between each fight .. than it'll be a no problem

This God Of War Reminds me so much of the early Games I & II

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgv8Bfy5WMM[/ame]

Thats exactly how i played it! Hades blades [] [] ^ all times and got it on my 3rd try. Still it was super hard. Patience is key. Endo, the trick ia to have both gorgans have the red finisher above their haed at the same time for the first part. Do that with both sets and you should see a slightly less difficult first part.

I made it to the third round after 2 tries, but my health wasn't enough for the centaur and CERTAINLY won't be for the wraiths.
I just hate what they did with parry system. I just don't get the timing and so I get series of attacks by gorgons and sirens.
I get both gorgons red most of the time, but those ******* tail attacks are hard to parry once you attacked and I dont get the sirens bolt attacks parried at all.
Where was the problem to keep parrying on L1?!
First GOW where I consider quitting story mode and third "disappointment" this year, although otherwise Ascension is a great game and MP is total fun and CERTAINLY it's not as close to being a disappointment as Aliens or Dead Space 3.

That Trial was pretty easy. Don't see what all the fuss is about. I was dreading that level because of all the rage I was reading about it.

ill tell you guys when i was playing THE TRIAL it was pissing me off so bad and i work here! lol. after 6 trys and trying so hard not to let my normal anger out at work i contacted the designer for that area and asked whats the trick. then as he walked over i beat it lol. alot of dodging and knowing wat enemy's give magic. and also how long did it take you guys to figure out the puzzle to break the hour glass? and the water wheel? i was watchn my roommate play and when he got stuck he asked how. said if i wasnt there hed be 2 hours behind lol

now that I am close to the end I feel this game is the weakest of the series. I kind of agree with the review but is more like an 8/10 for me.

once I am done the game I will have my review.

Just got this...wanted to get my Gamestop code

And what do you know, PSNetwork is down...again.

Geez, what crappy online service they have.

Just beat this on normal.
Dodging and blocking is the key to the trials and also magic.
Rest is easy going.
Now onto hard and the rest of the trophies.

I for myself don´t thing that the story is weak, cause it shows how Kratos REALLY severed his ties to Ares.

Hope there comes a proper Part 4, maybe with Kratos being resurrected...and that´s why the Phoenix is shown at the end of 3.

Last edited:
As im just about finished with the story, i hate to say it but I honestly agree with everything the IGN reviewer was saying besides MP. Look, I love Kratos to death and even planning on getting a tat of the blades of chaos on my arm, but this is easily the weekest entry in the series. Every enemy seems uninspired and like a rehash of evrything that we already seen. The story of this one is weak and i believe that they could of went a completely better route with the prequel. Imagine how awesome it would of have been to play as Kratos before he sold himself to ares!?? Where he was just a normal general leading the spartan army fighting epic battles leading up to the battle with the barbarian where he sells his soul. Then the final chapter would be him walking into his home and slaughtering his family! Talk about epic ending!! That would be an awesome prequel id love to play!

just finished the game on normal. dam the trial of A was very hard. took me 5 times to get it done.

the final boss fight was epic but pretty much all based on quick time events wich I dont mind at all.

going to try Mp for a bit.

I agree this is the weakest of the series. It had some pretty epic moments but nothing compares to the fight with zeus.

8/10 for me.

Back