Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are G movies even that expensive, I feel like other than the recent DAM release, they're relatively cheap, hell Biollante Blu-Ray was only $8 first day of release.

Are G movies even that expensive, I feel like other than the recent DAM release, they're relatively cheap, hell Biollante Blu-Ray was only $8 first day of release.

Yup! Couldn't pass that up at that price.
Transfer is decent too. Highly recommended.

I got a lot of the Showa Godzilla movies released by Classic Media on DVD for really cheap on Amazon. It was something like $7 each for them.

I was also just looking online and it seems that some of the old Tristar 50th anniversary dvds are selling for a lot of money. Godzilla vs. Gigan, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, and Godzilla vs. Hedorah are a few I have that seem to be selling for a pretty penny. The only one that I don't have that's selling for a lot is Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster. I would like to pick that one up. I watched it over and over again on vhs as a kid.

I was also just looking online and it seems that some of the old Tristar 50th anniversary dvds are selling for a lot of money. Godzilla vs. Gigan, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, and Godzilla vs. Hedorah are a few I have that seem to be selling for a pretty penny. The only one that I don't have that's selling for a lot is Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster. I would like to pick that one up. I watched it over and over again on vhs as a kid.

Damn, it must be because G movies are a bit like Disney with their vault thing, only with G, they don't come back out once they're gone. Glad I picked all those up when they came out. Sea Monster looks great on DVD, BUT, the new dubbing, because there's additional footage for the original Japanese cut, is HORRIBLE, the voices on a number of main characters are just annoying as hell, and when you have so many viewings of the old dubbing behind you and remember the voices, the new ones are a tough pilll to swallow.

Damn, it must be because G movies are a bit like Disney with their vault thing, only with G, they don't come back out once they're gone. Glad I picked all those up when they came out. Sea Monster looks great on DVD, BUT, the new dubbing, because there's additional footage for the original Japanese cut, is HORRIBLE, the voices on a number of main characters are just annoying as hell, and when you have so many viewings of the old dubbing behind you and remember the voices, the new ones are a tough pilll to swallow.

I usually like to watch them in Japanese with subtitles now, so I'd probably just watch it that way. I really want the Destroy All Monsters blu-ray, but that's out of my price range for one movie.

The condor used to throw me off as a kid, I thought it was a half assed Rodan lol.

Ebirah is cool. I think the only villain I ever didn't really like is Hedorah, I own the movie and I'll watch it as part of a Godzilla-thon but I consider it a weak villain and movie.

The condor used to throw me off as a kid, I thought it was a half assed Rodan lol.

Ebirah is cool. I think the only villain I ever didn't really like is Hedorah, I own the movie and I'll watch it as part of a Godzilla-thon but I consider it a weak villain and movie.

Really?? Fans tend to love Hedorah.

I think he's a neat concept...but he's not my favorite either.

Really?? Fans tend to love Hedorah.

I think he's a neat concept...but he's not my favorite either.

I like Godzilla vs. Hedorah. It's pretty silly in a lot of ways, but the psychedelic weird stuff that was going on that movie really appealed to me for some reason. I liked the weird fish masks, I enjoyed Hedorah killing the kid's uncle with the muck blast, I even liked the weird cartoons they used to explain Hedorah's life cycle.

As if a man in a rubber monster costume wasn't weird enough, Godzilla vs Hedodrah (also known as Godzilla vs the Smog Monster, here) was chock-full of strange scenes.

The acid-tripping, fish mask wearing people, dancing in a club.
The cartoon cut scenes.
Godzilla's silhouette, seen when the boy was on the roller coaster.
Hedorah sliming everything looked like his mud-like feces.

But, the one saving grace... the scene where the movie completely recovers and makes up for everything else that came before it, is actually one of Godzilla's most memorable moments on film:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E284IfUyssc[/ame]

:rock :rock :rock

Back