Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of all this, I found it interesting to learn that G's upper lip flapping around in 64 was not planned but damage to the suit that wasn't fixed, I always liked that little bit an figures it was on purpose.

Interesting, I always enjoy hearing those bits of info on the suit. There's a cool documentary that I saw on youtube a while back. It went through all the suit designs and what not. Its pretty interesting I'll see if I can find it. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it.

Edit: Hmm, can't seem to find it. Perhaps it was removed.

Last edited:
I think that documentary is on one of the Classic Media releases. I forget the name of the building but there's some famous castle Godzilla takes out in the 64 Mothra and the face smacked into the building and knocked the lip loose.

I think that documentary is on one of the Classic Media releases. I forget the name of the building but there's some famous castle Godzilla takes out in the 64 Mothra and the face smacked into the building and knocked the lip loose.

I don't quite remember, but it had a neat segment where all the suit performers were together, and they had a funny moment where they all showed their different movement styles.

Osaka castle maybe? Apparently a lot of the older suits were damaged due filming budget being so low, so they just reused without much repairing. That also led to a lot of footage reusing.

Yeah, the 64/65 suit is the only one to be used for more than 2 movies, which is impressive give how much action it went through.

I don't quite remember, but it had a neat segment where all the suit performers were together, and they had a funny moment where they all showed their different movement styles.

Osaka castle maybe? Apparently a lot of the older suits were damaged due filming budget being so low, so they just reused without much repairing. That also led to a lot of footage reusing.

Never liked the same stock footage being reused over and over. Especially when it was obvious 2 different suits were used.

Didn't know about the lip damage, now you gave me an excuse to rewatch it.

Thing is, stock footage was a good idea back when the movies came out, there was no home video, the movies were years apart, people probably didn't remember the footage. We spot it now because we can watch the movies back to back an go, wait a minute.

Thing is, stock footage was a good idea back when the movies came out, there was no home video, the movies were years apart, people probably didn't remember the footage. We spot it now because we can watch the movies back to back an go, wait a minute.

Good point.

I'va always liked the scene(in either "vs.Mothra" or Ghidrah) where the suit catches fire...PS

Vs Mothra, great scene, what I find strange is that the actor was able to keep going and the flame naturally die out, like how long before they yelled cut and took care of him. I usually don't prefer American cuts but that movie also has a cool army battle scene only in the U.S. version.

Gentlemen I've got my MechaG, Rodan and Ghidorah monsterarts figs up for sale in the for sale section if anyone needs these figs.

97db3bc2d6dc5b311ed4fa41212b429b.jpg

Like father, like son!!!

There are some new X-Plus announcements. Final Wars Godzilla and Gamera '95, both done in the 30 cm scale.

Additionally, I've heard some rumors that Diamond might be distributing X-Plus figures through Previews magazine in the U.S., so it might get a little easier to get X-Plus figures in the U.S.

Final Wars Godzilla

godzilla2004_30_01.jpg

godzilla2004_30_02.jpg

godzilla2004_30_03.jpg

godzilla2004_30_04.jpg

godzilla2004_30_05.jpg

Gamera '95

gamera1995_01.jpg

gamera1995_02.jpg

gamera1995_03.jpg

gamera1995_04.jpg

gamera1995_05.jpg