Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kits are all over, when I first found out about the Sakai 8" Kaiyodo '84, every eBay seller wanted like $300+ for just the kit in box and I'd still need to get it built up. Years of patience and I finally snagged one for $50, seller had a number of the 8" Kaiyodos, surely needed to unload them more than make money.

I'd love to see someone get the Shin kit and paint it like the movie instead of the maquette.
There's a difference between what a kit is worth and what some of these US sellers try to get for them. There is an automatic 100% mark up at the very least. I guess I'm a little spoiled getting stuff straight from Japan, but over the years, I had some really decent US sources as well. When that Kaiyodo kit was originally released back in the early 90's, I paid like $20.

Gigantic Shin is now my favorite looking Godzilla collectible, surpassing even the gigantic 2000 and GMK which I love so much and even the Burning which I do own.

It's really the first piece to make real good use of his excessively long tail to create a great sense of movement within the piece while maintaining a sense of power and presence for gis character. The reference shot from the Univeral ad is one of my most favorite images of Shin.

Agreed...hopefully the paint looks sick on him too like their burning godzilla

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's really the first piece to make real good use of his excessively long tail to create a great sense of movement within the piece while maintaining a sense of power and presence for gis character. The reference shot from the Univeral ad is one of my most favorite images of Shin.

It reminds me of the Gigantic GMK in way but the Shin tail makes that GMK tail look like a wimp. :lol

Hell, the Shin tail makes any of the other Godzilla tails look wimpy in comparison.

Heisei tails were the most powerful looking tails until Shin came along.

IMG_3362.JPG

Yeah its looking up there with the gigantic 62 for me

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I would think an EASY Ric feature would be a second interchangeable tail piece that has those little creatures coming out of it.

I really can't wait to see this gigantic painted. I haven't been this excited for a figure since the train biter (only cause I always wanted that kit). It really has me questioning if I want to sell my 25cm shin that I just got and never even assembled yet. So far I only have one figure per godzilla to keep the collection in check.

Speaking of train biter...

ba6863dd52a8962edf4b5ebe4e5d9727.jpg

I like that look more than the regular look of the 54. The white eyes, the pointy skin, the hellish snarl. So much win.

I like that look more than the regular look of the 54. The white eyes, the pointy skin, the hellish snarl. So much win.
Agreed on every point. He's so vicious looking. He looks like such a powerhouse.

The X-Plus Gabara with Minya and Kaizer Ghidorah are now available for pre-order on the RIC site. Looks like pre-orders will go up at other sites at the end of the week. Not sure what's going on with the 1999 Godzilla though. Might have to get from RIC.

I think my wallet is safe. Always have hated Gabara (he's not even real in the series some kid made imagined him--that's what I tell myself to not buy him), never liked Kaiser's design and the 2k Godzilla looks fantastic in those poster shots but weird in real life.

Back