Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the design but he just had no personality. Just felt like a mindless walking hunk of destruction. Like he just kinda felt like a robot.

Is there any rumor that Bandai will re-release Jackson's Kong in the Monsterarts line? Any chance of a Skull Island Kong outside of the Larami toys?

Prime 1 announced the license some time ago, but they are very expensive statues. Not likely to see an SHMA re-release of 2005 Kong, and SHMA seems mainly focused on Shin Godzilla right now so who knows if they'd touch 2017 Kong.

I think for now, the Lanard Kong is all we're getting, hope for something more, but merchandise in general for Kong has been very slim. I had to go to some random specialty site online just to get a t-shirt, and while you had to order online, Godzilla had mugs and things available but I haven't even seen that at all for Kong.

Prime 1 announced the license some time ago, but they are very expensive statues. Not likely to see an SHMA re-release of 2005 Kong, and SHMA seems mainly focused on Shin Godzilla right now so who knows if they'd touch 2017 Kong.

I think for now, the Lanard Kong is all we're getting, hope for something more, but merchandise in general for Kong has been very slim. I had to go to some random specialty site online just to get a t-shirt, and while you had to order online, Godzilla had mugs and things available but I haven't even seen that at all for Kong.

Those Lanard Kong's seem pretty rare and it's too bad because they are pretty great for $25. Over a couple of months our Walmart only had 4 total (2 in early Feb and 2 the day Skull Island opened) and I bought 2 of them. My son has the everything except the large boat (for now). With a giant Kong it only seemed right to snag a giant Godzilla and luckily our TRU still has a few cases of the Jakks Pacific one.

0319170823 - Copy.jpg

0317171439b - Copy.jpg

0317171602 - Copy.jpg

The Lanard Kongs are interested, I've seen shots on social media with some Walmarts having a whole end cap with dozens of Kongs, yet the stores around me have been like your story. I went daily as soon as word hit online of them being out and got 1 of 3 at the local store, I think they got 2 more a few weeks later. As rare as they seem, I'm glad I got one, it's impressive, and pretty true to the movie design, but there's still room for Mezco, SHMA or X-Plus to do a nicer one.

The Lanard Kongs are interested, I've seen shots on social media with some Walmarts having a whole end cap with dozens of Kongs, yet the stores around me have been like your story. I went daily as soon as word hit online of them being out and got 1 of 3 at the local store, I think they got 2 more a few weeks later. As rare as they seem, I'm glad I got one, it's impressive, and pretty true to the movie design, but there's still room for Mezco, SHMA or X-Plus to do a nicer one.

Yeah, our Walmart had 2 warming the shelf from the end of January until the middle of February when I bought 1 for my Son. The other one lingered there for a couple more weeks and was finally gone. After seeing how nice it was I was regretting not getting one for my collection. I happened to find they had 2 more the day Kong opened so grabbed one for myself and the other was gone by the next day when we went shopping.

I agree that it would be cool to see some other companies take on Kong S.I. I have the Mcfarlane '33 Kong and the big Mezco 2005 Kong which are both great.

I'd love an SHMA version, assuming they did multiple portraits like their 2005 Kong. Even though it's stylized, I do like my Funko Kong Pop too.

That would be a grail. I understand many don't care for the movie, but it's a classic Rick Baker creature, and a badass looking Kong.

I actually just tracked down a book that I had as a kid called The Creation Of King Kong (1976). It's full of interesting info and behind the scenes pics including some really cool shots of the robotic Kong in various stages of being built. It brings back a lot of memories having that book again.

If anyone is interested i am selling the 25cm shin godzilla standard version (never removed from the box). As well as monsterarts gmk and space godzilla.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol

I hate shipping stuff lol

Definately don't feel like shipping the Gigantic Burning Godzilla, SHMA 2000/2014 Godzilla, XP 64 Godzilla, 1/6 Batmobiles, 1/4 NECA masked Predator, 1/4 NECA Big Chap Alien, 1/4 NECA Dutch, 1/4 NECA Hulk, 1/4 NECA Thor and 1/4 Enterbay Batman i'm selling...whew that was a mouth full.

See totally worth the drive, i'm not into wasting my or others time!

Bring lots of money and just come pick everything up.

I sell this way all the time.

Talk about lazy lol.

One thing I don't do anymore is Ebay, their fees are murder!

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

I hate shipping stuff lol

Definately don't feel like shipping the Gigantic Burning Godzilla, SHMA 2000/2014 Godzilla, XP 64 Godzilla, 1/6 Batmobiles, 1/4 NECA masked Predator, 1/4 NECA Big Chap Alien, 1/4 NECA Dutch, 1/4 NECA Hulk, 1/4 NECA Thor and 1/4 Enterbay Batman i'm selling...whew that was a mouth full.

See totally worth the drive, i'm not into wasting my or others time!

Bring lots of money and just come pick everything up.

I sell this way all the time.

Talk about lazy lol.

One thing I don't do anymore is Ebay, their fees are murder!

latest

Semi-joke aside, I feel for you, I have sold some beloved pieces that I still miss to this day, a few opportunities have come up to fix those holes in my collecting life, but some were one of a kind that I'll never get back.

Why did you guys sell your stuff? I remember I sold my giant gmk Godzilla but that's only cause I don't really care for him

Back