Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a challenge to photograph with a neutral backdrop, it's quite large. It is awesome though, the M1 '89 bust is the only other one I've seen in the mass market that capture the respective suit so well. If someone ever did the '84 like that I'd be ecstatic.

It's been awhile, but the 30 cm Titanosaurus is up for pre-order. Here's a pic of the unpainted prototype.

10190927a2.jpg

I don't own the old statue, but I believe it's a different sculpt than the vinyl one I have. The base is definitely different.

Thinking about getting into the Xplus 30cm monsters (all the pre 1980s monsters anyways). Hard to find decent reviews online though. How complete is the 30cm line-up?

What King Kong movie is it?

Hi Guys,

I hope I am not bothering anyone here because my question is gonna be about King Kong!

There was an Asian (perhaps Japanese or Hong Kong) King Kong film that I used to watch on VHS when I was a kid, before 1988 for sure, but that Kong was dark black haired and I remember there were big handcuffs with chains on his wrists and he died while he was trying to climb a building with big circle holes and he ended up falling and dying on fire!

:gah: Could anyone please tell me what movie is that one? Thx!

Zilla 1998 Vs. Kong 2005

I finally ordered the Trendmasters Ultimate Godzilla 18" figure and also the Mezco King Kong 15" deluxe figure [$400 + $75 shipping + $20 PayPal service] and [$145 + $55 shipping + $21 Western Union]. :monkey2 Now, my wallet is screaming for mercy!

I know they cost me a lot but I must say purchasing those 2 modern versions of the 'King of Monsters' and the '8th Wonder of the World' is a real joy to me! I love the 1998 Zilla and 2005 Kong movies and how they designed the beasts.

Since Mezco did 3 versions of the Kong figure, I was thinking which Kong facial emotion to get, the fierce or rampage (but I didn't think of the somber one too much).
Then I decided I'll go with the rampage one for a better face off display with the roaring Zilla!
Yet, I have to say I love the fierce face. Maybe I'll think of purchasing it later but it really sucks to buy a $145 figure that you already have just cuz it has a :monkey4 different head!

GodzillavKong1.jpg

GodzillavKong2.jpg

:gah: Couldn't Mezco just add the other 2 heads as alt. pieces?!
kon0010021.jpg

kon0010011.jpg

kon0010031.jpg

Re: Zilla 1998 Vs. Kong 2005

Wait...does that ultimate zilla go for that much on Ebay?($400) MIB or opened?

It is MIB, and I got it from actiontoys.com because on eBay I did not find anyone who ships it to Egypt! Also, as our damn Central Bank does not allow PayPal in my country yet, I usually seek other ways to purchase my items (PayPal agent, Western Union, etc...)

I picked up the X-Plus Mothra 1961 version from the post office yesterday. The box is gigantic and the wingspan on this figure is pretty impressive.

I took a few quick pictures this morning. She's an awesome figure and probably the best vinyl realistically styled Mothra figure ever in my opinion. She's supposed to be in the 25 cm scale, but I think she actually fits quite well with the 30 cm scale figures. I've included size comparison shots with the 25 cm Godzilla '89 and the 30 cm Godzilla '64. Please excuse the cute kitten mouse pad.

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

That Mothra and '64 Godzilla just belong together. Perfect.

Back