Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally picked up my SHMA Godzilla 2019 figure today. Its my first SHMA purchase and likely my last given how crap this figure is.

First I was taken aback at just how tiny the figure is. Considering the giant brown mailer box it came in and then the actual packaging...this dude is tiny and the proportions for his button head seem off.

Taking the figure out of the box and I'm presented with one of his feet detached from his leg. lol Luckily it just snapped back on but things only got worse has i tried to turn and pose the figure resulting in his head falling off and then a cascade of issues followed resulting in pieces of his next area/articulation falling off with it. I'm not even going to bother switching out the mouth pieces for the Atomic Breath because given the issues already I'd half expect the whole figure to fall to pieces.

For the price this figure has ended up being an expensive lemon that doesn't even look that good just posed, however precariously as not to fall to pieces, on display.

Really? I'm going to buy him..
Just look at this!
SH-MonsterArts-2019-Godzilla-028.jpg

Any word if X-plus is going to do any of the monsters from the 2019 KOTM? I know they previously showed a prototype Gigantic Godzilla 2019, but haven't heard any news on any of the other monsters.

Hey MaulFan
I didn't think the Neca Mothra was out yet?
And I got my movie monster series King Ghidorah today:clap

What's everyone's opinion on the NECA mothra v the upcoming SH monsterarts mothra as far as screen accuracy?

Any word if X-plus is going to do any of the monsters from the 2019 KOTM? I know they previously showed a prototype Gigantic Godzilla 2019, but haven't heard any news on any of the other monsters.

There hasn't been any other announcement as of yet on the other three,
but they are doing a deforeal G19. The Ric will have a light up function
for his atomic breath. I'm sure X-Plus will produce the other monsters in
the 30 or 25cm line.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 132
  • th2.jpg
    th2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 135
What's everyone's opinion on the NECA mothra v the upcoming SH monsterarts mothra as far as screen accuracy?

As far sculpt, they seem pretty equal, NECA has better paint, Monsterarts looks too orange in the body, plus NECA has translucent wings.

As far sculpt, they seem pretty equal, NECA has better paint, Monsterarts looks too orange in the body, plus NECA has translucent wings.

They are at same size? Which one scales better with SHM Godzilla?

I know this is semi off topic, but is anybody familiar with the old style 70’s Popy Godzilla figure? The one that they used the mold for the 1978 “Godzilla’s gang” figure . A company called slash reproduced it as well. I have a few questions...

Went to EB games and picked the Monster Arts KOTM. Really nice figure. They had the NECA as well but wow the face paint on the ones they had on the side you could see were awful. The head sculpt too looked like it was missing teeth and what's with the stumpy tounge? The window box didn't do any favours for NECA. NECA's quality control:
Does it fit in the box?
Check.
Good. Ship it out.

meh...good enough for $25 especially since it’s an improvement over their 14 version.

We’re not getting Iron Studios meets Yuji Sakai at $25 lol

Last edited:
Other than mouth and eyes, I think the stock NECA looks closer to the movie than SHMA and I personally think the lack of wash bringing out the SHMA sculpt takes it down a bit, it looks as dark and flat as the 2014 NECA.

I know this is semi off topic, but is anybody familiar with the old style 70’s Popy Godzilla figure? The one that they used the mold for the 1978 “Godzilla’s gang” figure . A company called slash reproduced it as well. I have a few questions...

Uncle, it’s not off topic as far as I’m concerned. This may help:

https://clubtokyo.org/listings/subCatListingRpt.php?catID=1&subCatID=24

also:

https://clubtokyo.org/listings/itemListingRpt.php?catID=1&subCatID=26&contentID=360

Last edited:
Back