Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than mouth and eyes, I think the stock NECA looks closer to the movie than SHMA and I personally think the lack of wash bringing out the SHMA sculpt takes it down a bit, it looks as dark and flat as the 2014 NECA.

I think the Monster Arts may have been going for the poster look with the dark monochromatic color and proportions. Posed this way the silhouette is extremely close to the poster small head and all. It's a shame the paint on the NECA face turned out like that. It's obvious a lot of love went into the design just to be botched in production.

Attachments

• eb565675563326f790771a60ff0c99be.jpg
    eb565675563326f790771a60ff0c99be.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 193
I don’t think the proportions really match that and even if they did, that image is composite of 3 separate images and not an accurate render.

I don’t think the proportions really match that and even if they did, that image is composite of 3 separate images and not an accurate render.

I don't know man. Looks pretty close to me. Yes I realize the poster is not exactly screen accurate but a very cool representation IMO.

Attachments

• 1 1 g-2 (2).jpg
    1 1 g-2 (2).jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 175
Hey Godzilla folk,

I'm definitely out of my league for this one and I'm sorry to veer off topic, but I thought I'd just ask a passing question.

Is it reasonable to pay 480-500 USD for the Yuji Sakai 30cm Shin Godzilla? As in, is it worth getting gouged by scalpers for it? I think it's by far the best representation of the character (minus the gigantic).

What do you guys think? Should I wait for a reissue?

Highly unlikely that they will reissue the Sakai Shin. The X-Plus/Diamond deal is over. Unfortunately, unless you can find it elsewhere,
those high prices are the norm for that figure. You may be able to find it cheaper on Yahoo Japan, but I'm not sure.

Touched up Mothra, added some white around her eyes, made her antennae brown, put some brown highlights on her leg joints and shoulders.

dUkqhxL.jpg

Can't wait to convert him into super nova Godzilla.

For me they were able to capture the level of detail from the previous 24" onto this new 12".

I'm still torn on which tail I prefer though, 14 of 19.

D8F4B62B-E82C-46DE-B34A-E4C08FEAD727.jpeg
7C92840A-37A3-4A90-A30E-E916970004E7.jpeg

Back