Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have this one from X-Plus, not bad for an 8 inch vinyl, better detail than their Kong 2005.

$(KGrHqRHJBgF!1m,1f2bBQ,GoOTWP!~~60_35.JPG

Given the relatively limited frequency of new releases and the fact that we have ALOT of Godzilla history to go through first I doubt I'd see them anytime soon but I'd love to get a pair of Monsterarts Gargantuas!

Given the relatively limited frequency of new releases and the fact that we have ALOT of Godzilla history to go through first I doubt I'd see them anytime soon but I'd love to get a pair of Monsterarts Gargantuas!

For sure.
War of the Gargantuas was one of my favorites! :hi5:

first time posting in this thread. i love Godzilla. i still have my shogun warrior Godzilla from the late 70's. think i got him on my 5th birthday. hes missing his tail and his shooting fist but his flame tongue still comes out when u pull the lever on the back of his head. gonna learn how to post pics so i can share :) also have the X-Plus Godzilla 12 inch resin statue. think i got it back in the early 2000's. sadly he is still boxed up until i get more space!

I have mine as well! Still has the fist and tail though, but the red tongue lever is busted off. Still had my Shogun Rodan as well until recently, sadly had to toss him because he fell and was crazy damaged beyond repair.

My Monsterarts Ghidorah came today and I'm really int two minds about it. Its cost me around £130 in total to get it here, that includes the £28 that i got stung by customs with and i just don't know if i can justify keeping it for that price, i mean that's coming close to Bowen Statue or a Big SOC figure.

I mean Ghidorah is big as you can see in the pic but with the news i heard about his wings being fragile and breaking quite easily and i don't wanna risk opening it and looking at it in case something does happen, its gonna be much easier to sell on brand new i think.

With Destroyah being priced HIGHER than Ghirdorah, i'm really thinking about knocking the whole line on the head at this point.

ghid.jpg

Sigh i don't know what to do.....

Ohhhh..... I want THAT!!! :panic:

I have mine as well! Still has the fist and tail though, but the red tongue lever is busted off. Still had my Shogun Rodan as well until recently, sadly had to toss him because he fell and was crazy damaged beyond repair.

Nice. Love the classics. Saw him sell on the toy hunter show last week. glad to still have mine after all these years. :)

What are those in the last picture? Kits or protos?

Those are some of the VOLKS 30cm godzilla kits. Starting from the left 91,94,84,64,67 and 89 versions. They are all solid resin and quite detailed. I guess I had these for some 17 years and still not got around to getting them painted.

I'm thinking they wanted to start with 2005 Kong because he was the most functioning of all Kongs and really makes the articulation of the SHM line shine, Kong gets less animated as you go back with 76, 62 and 33.

These are my ranks of Kong designs:

King-Kong-1976.jpeg

220px-Kingkong_bigfinal1.jpg

kong.jpg

Oodako_II.jpg

Holy cow! Someone else who gives '76 Kong some long overdue props.

My only issue with '33 King is his face, most of the time, he looks cartoony, almost happy, I prefer Kongs that capture the ferocity of a real gorilla. Sure '76 and '05 had happy moments, but when it was on, they were fierce. Toho Kong's just plain ugly to me, I don't like anything about him.

You guys are nuts;"33 is the True Kong.All others are pale shadows of his greatness...PS

Still a fan of the original Kong myself. What is so cool about the 33 version is the amount of variations in the puppet during the movie. Yes you have the long face version and then several versions of the round face. Because the round face version was the main puppet used in the film, it was rebuilt several times over the course of filming and always looked a little different. I would love to see a figure with multiple heads, depicting both the long face and round face. 76 version has been over looked over the years, I have only one 76 kit in my collection just because of the lack of items available.

Back