Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Destroyah's price IS indeed $150 then Biollante will be $180-$200 easy....:(

And yet I'd still rather spend $180-$200 on a MonsterArts Biollante than drop $500+ on the X-Plus figure. Bandai will have the market cornered with that monster, that's for sure.

I just wish Bandai would return to the old 8" scale over the 6". That would make this line more desireable to me and more worth the prices. :(

I just wish Bandai would return to the old 8" scale over the 6". That would make this line more desireable to me and more worth the prices. :(

The 8 inch scale would be awesome, it is curious why Bandai was so inconaistent with the sizes in the vinyl line.

After seeing the price tag on C-3PO at Sideshow, my interest has gone out the door. X-Plus 12" are pricey but this Bandai line is insane, $400 for a farily simple 12" figure. And I'm sorry, but for that price, the Godzilla should have a paint job the likes of a custom artist, but it's a typical Godzilla figure paint job, better than a 6" Bandai sure, but not much better than the Monsterarts figures, and that's not the best that can be done, I've seen built G kits painted by custom artists that are just stunning and full of detail.

They're going to have a damn hard sell with 3PO being so expensive. If Godzilla is close to $400, they better plan on not making very many of them. $250 sounds alright, i guess, considering how expensive Godzilla stuff is already. Still seems like a lot.

I'm wondering how much articulation this beast will have..If it's comparable to the Medicom RAH figures there's hope...PS

They're going to have a damn hard sell with 3PO being so expensive. If Godzilla is close to $400, they better plan on not making very many of them. $250 sounds alright, i guess, considering how expensive Godzilla stuff is already. Still seems like a lot.

Unfortunately the X-Plus and Monsterarts lines have even very successful and demonstrates willingness to overpay, so I'm sure this will be higher than you'd expect for what it is. Too bad as the sculpt is amazing and I really think it's Sakai's work. If it ends up $400 I hope the line never does '84 as that'd be hard to pass up. Interesting that it's '89 with vs Biollante close to finally seeing US release.

if I remember correctly , Xplus Retail Price has not touched that price as far as The Godzilla releases go .

The '89 Godzilla by Tamashii Nations does look very good. At least we can all agree on that.

Let's wait for more details on pricing before we smash it. But, yes. Judging by using C3PO's price as a guideline isn't looking good.

if I remember correctly , Xplus Retail Price has not touched that price as far as The Godzilla releases go .

No, thankfully, I just meant their sales give companies a sense that we'll pay top dollar for G's, even of basic in production materials and finish. X-Plus pieces look great but they're just vinyls with pretty simple paint jobs running $150-$250, when rationally the most expensive should be like $100 for what you get. I got the '84 cuz it's my favorite but I still feel like I overpaid. I got the Banpresto '54 for like maybe $50 at most and it's a far better piece than the X-Plus version and costs 1/4 the price. Collectible prices seem to really be going up quickly over the last year or so.

I got stung for £27 customs on my Ghidorah, i don't really think i can justify keeping it or buying the rest of the line at this rate.

If it wows me and i feel its worth the money i'll keep it but from i have heard about the wings being very fragile i honestly might sell it without opening it.

I got stung for £27 customs on my Ghidorah, i don't really think i can justify keeping it or buying the rest of the line at this rate.

If it wows me and i feel its worth the money i'll keep it but from i have heard about the wings being very fragile i honestly might sell it without opening it.

Sorry to hear. :(

Post pics here. I'm sure someone will buy.

Looks like King Kong is coming to the monster arts lineup (Bottom left corner, just above the 2013). Whether or not it's from Godzilla vs King Kong is yet to be determined.
557149_493445964007907_1241176138_n.jpg

Nice find.

I'm guessing that it will be modeled after GvsKK.
It'll give them a reason to sell another Godzilla (as if they needed a reason).

Back