Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hpe thats the plan. I need old school Godzilla figures. Hope kong is from either 1930s movie or the gvsk movie.

My Monsterarts Ghidorah came today and I'm really int two minds about it. Its cost me around £130 in total to get it here, that includes the £28 that i got stung by customs with and i just don't know if i can justify keeping it for that price, i mean that's coming close to Bowen Statue or a Big SOC figure.

I mean Ghidorah is big as you can see in the pic but with the news i heard about his wings being fragile and breaking quite easily and i don't wanna risk opening it and looking at it in case something does happen, its gonna be much easier to sell on brand new i think.

With Destroyah being priced HIGHER than Ghirdorah, i'm really thinking about knocking the whole line on the head at this point.

ghid.jpg

Sigh i don't know what to do.....

Well his box certainly looks larger but he seems smaller than I originally thought. If it wasnt for his wings and long necks he'd be the same size as Godzilla, I was hoping he'd be bulked out a bit more.

My Monsterarts Ghidorah came today and I'm really int two minds about it. Its cost me around £130 in total to get it here, that includes the £28 that i got stung by customs with and i just don't know if i can justify keeping it for that price, i mean that's coming close to Bowen Statue or a Big SOC figure.

I mean Ghidorah is big as you can see in the pic but with the news i heard about his wings being fragile and breaking quite easily and i don't wanna risk opening it and looking at it in case something does happen, its gonna be much easier to sell on brand new i think.

With Destroyah being priced HIGHER than Ghirdorah, i'm really thinking about knocking the whole line on the head at this point.

ghid.jpg

Sigh i don't know what to do.....

Any specifics on how the wings are fragile? Just at the base joint? Or is there some other area where they can simply break? I don't plan on messing with the wings too much and once I find a good pose, that's how he'll stay. Did the same thing with Rodan, who had much smaller and more brittle joints.

Hmm... makes me wonder if Destoroyah will have that problem.

Any specifics on how the wings are fragile? Just at the base joint? Or is there some other area where they can simply break? I don't plan on messing with the wings too much and once I find a good pose, that's how he'll stay. Did the same thing with Rodan, who had much smaller and more brittle joints.

Hmm... makes me wonder if Destoroyah will have that problem.

I just heard on reviews that don't mess with the wings too much as quite a few people have had them broke.

They are NOT on a ball joint they are on a double hinge which apparently is pretty fragile.

Man I love that Kong but yeah not Godzilla related. Just received my Bandai King Kong though

kong_zps07cd7f34.jpg
photos from seller. He is noice

HPIM0627_zps7c08b973.jpg

Ok here are my collection so far... SOC MechaGodzilla and the the Big Monkey. Both arrived on the same day.

I'm thinking they wanted to start with 2005 Kong because he was the most functioning of all Kongs and really makes the articulation of the SHM line shine, Kong gets less animated as you go back with 76, 62 and 33.

These are my ranks of Kong designs:

King-Kong-1976.jpeg

220px-Kingkong_bigfinal1.jpg

kong.jpg

Oodako_II.jpg

Last edited:
Back