Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now have this on 4k blu ray from Japan
I just bought the streaming version on Vudu

And I will buy the eventually US physical media whenever that comes out lol
We're peas in a pod, here. :hi5:

Wow, that's unexpected since they didn't even have it listed it on the "coming soon" section of netflix. They just shadow dropped it.

Finally saw it. When he bit the train
1717283587881.jpeg

Seriously how does this movie look so good and movies with literally 20 times the budget look worse than it.
Hollywood does a lot of creative accounting in order to.... disappear money. This movie cost what it cost to make, many Hollywood movies cost far far more than they cost to make.

I’m hearing that this is hands down the best english dub yet in a Godzilla movie.

I would agree with that, although still not as good as the original performances.

Now that director has been taken by CAA his Toho days are over.

Dude moving to LA now.

With Wingard moving on from the MonsterVerse, it would be interesting if they brough Yamazaki in to direct one.

I’m hearing that this is hands down the best english dub yet in a Godzilla movie.
I thought the English dubbing was pretty good but at times definitely reminded me of the old English dubbed films...which honestly gave it a nice little touch of nostalgia. It's not the lack of matching of the mouth movement with the voice as much as the really American phrases you sometimes hear that just seem out of place. Sure did enjoy watching this one again. It's a realy banger on the surround sound as well!

One thing interesting about the dubbing is that it's not 1:1 with the subtitles, the dubbing changes some of the dialogue from what the subtitles read, so it ends up almost like an alternate version.

What usually ruins dubbings for me is the actual voice actors used, Godzilla films tend to get some ridiculous sounding voices that feel so out of place it ruins the viewing. Shin Godzilla even has some odd voices.

This one did a good job, and apparently Toho themselves were behind this release, so that may be a factor.

Back